PDA

View Full Version : VRAM maxed 1080 GTX

SaddleBags69
12-03-2016, 09:26 PM
EVGA 8GB 1080 SLI
(Quick note: titles such as Doom, GTA V, TALOS, MK X, SQUAD, OUTLAST, DEPTH, YADDA YADDA ALL RUN FINE, with their own little issues maybe but run fine)
My system specs are top top, not an issue.
After a bunch of tweaking, configuring, reinstalling, adjusting, restarting, yadda yadda ... conclusion: this game HATES the 1080.
WHile using one single 1080 ULTRA, 5GB or so being used, great. Go to play, frames are a crappy 55-65 with jitteryness, drops to 45's sometimes, on any refresh rate, even the 144hz. After a few toggling of things and restarts it sometimes runs okay at default settings.
SLI ENABLED - startup game, video settings default as they seem to keep doing, fine, readjust back to Ultra and my VRAM is reading 11GB/8GB being used or some stupid **** like that. It just multiplies somehow like it doesnt recognize the actual settings...
Can we get that fixed sometime soon? Bummer having paperweights the game cant utilize.

SaddleBags69
12-03-2016, 09:28 PM
And yes latest drivers, again, alls on point with my pc updates, configs relative to windows, configs relative to nvidia, yadda yadda.

SaddleBags69
12-03-2016, 09:30 PM
Matter of fact, better yet, can I just get a refund? Between time consumption and playing like crap, I've put maybe 20 minutes into the new release. I was also one of the poor saps who pre ordered out of excitement. So 100 bucks nearly for this, just rubbing me all so wrong right now. Yeah im a dummy and paid for it, but just thought I'd ask!
Appreciate the help whoever answers.

SaddleBags69
12-04-2016, 03:29 AM
Well, I'll just stick my thumb in my butt for now! Maybe nVidia will will release a workin driver.
Sorry for postin this in General, just realized that.

Jamielinux
12-04-2016, 04:13 AM
You say you are using 11 gb of vram on ultra settings is that with 4x or 8x msaa also are you using texture up-scaling that eats up a ton of GPU memory, If you are not please record a video of your video settings and vram usage from msi and in game to see if it is a bug, it also could be a nvidia driver issue.

SaddleBags69
12-04-2016, 06:27 AM
11gb/8gb used is somehow a glitch obviously. And not picking up other card. Yeah its an odd one, prob just nviida! =)
ex: 8 MSAA with one card, all ultra, only takes up 5200/8000 VRAM, so again taht glitch happens when i toggle **** and mess with SLI. weird. anyhow, thanks tho dude!

SaddleBags69
12-05-2016, 05:03 AM
ANOTHER thread, with a detailed issue, no acknowledgment after throwing money at this game.
PLEASE VALIDATE MY EXISTENCE and purchase!
THAAAAAAnnnnkkkks! Hate to put yall out of your way and all.

SaddleBags69
12-05-2016, 06:57 AM
*DISREGARD*
Chalking this up as a final loss for DOOKIESOFT games, wont purchase another unless on BIG SALE.
Will wait for nVidia releases to 'fix' this issue. Or Ubi patches.
WIll keep my fingers crossed that you all use my money wisely LOL.
Will remember The Crew.