PDA

View Full Version : Data match with servers, please wait - Crash

Synthos_
12-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Hello, yesterday I have played a total of 3 hours then the game crashed and hasn't worked since then.

After launching and pressing any key, the top right message appears "Data match with servers, please wait ..." after this message the game crashes every time.

The Bitdefender firewall is already turned off. please help :(

DeviousCreator
12-03-2016, 05:28 PM
I have the same problem. Played the game yesterday, experienced an in-game CTD and now everytime I try to load it up I reach the "Synchronizing data from server" and it crashes...

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 06:19 PM
Hey,

Would either of you be able to attach a screenshot of this error so I can attach it to my report please?

Also if you could please submit a ticket to our support team and include these files, they may help us get a solution for you too.

MSINFO - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000021216
DX Diag - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq.aspx?article=000021185

Don't forget to mention what troubleshooting (if any) you have already tried when submitting them so it doesn't get suggested to you again.

Thanks,

Synthos_
12-03-2016, 06:22 PM
there is no error it just crashes after i press any key, as the game says in the beginning, atm im trying to reinstall the whole game, pretty stupid that i have to download the 17GB again

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 06:25 PM
there is no error it just crashes after i press any key, as the game says in the beginning, atm im trying to reinstall the whole game, pretty stupid that i have to download the 17GB again

Sorry, I meant of the Synchronizing data from server message. I'm still reporting the issue anyway so we can keep an eye on it but let us know in this thread if reinstalling it has worked but if you need further help please submit a ticket with the files mentioned above so we can be sure to help you further.

Thanks,

DeviousCreator
12-03-2016, 06:54 PM
Going to update my ticket with the txt files now.

EDIT: I'm also unable to screenshot the game when it crashes, either via uplay or windows.

Synthos_
12-03-2016, 10:33 PM
The reinstall doesnt work, i submited the ticket with the info and diag, but i dont understand why the game doesnt work, the beta worked for me perfectly and i had not one single crash with the two betas

Synthos_
12-03-2016, 10:34 PM
if you have any new informations could u forward them to me ? maybe it will work for me too

Synthos_
12-04-2016, 08:03 AM
SOLUTION FOUND: Just delete the Folder from Steep in your Documents, it was simple as that, the game finally works for me

NuggetBox
12-04-2016, 11:24 AM
SOLUTION FOUND: Just delete the Folder from Steep in your Documents, it was simple as that, the game finally works for me

What ''Folder''? Having the same issue, but dont understand which folder you mean?
Sincerest Regards

DeviousCreator
12-04-2016, 11:40 AM

Thank you so much!

Good on you for letting others know the solution.

My folder was in Documents>My Games> Steep.

Deleted that, and everything worked again.

HansdampfLOL
12-04-2016, 11:53 AM
nope doesnt work deleting that folder. windows 10 64bit /i6600k/16gb ram/1070gtx

edit. btw how is it even possible that on launch day i played fine for freakin 1hr20min and on the next day it wont work? wtf is this bullcrap srsly..... if it is not fixed till monday i will refund this

LTDx51
12-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Ive been tryin for over 12 hours now and still get the message uplay is unavailable at this time . I cant start it in offline mode because another message comes up saying must log in for the 1st time on this computer in order to play offline . I purchased this game for 80 usd and still havnt played it one second and spent hours tryin to find a fix this is insane !!!!!!!!!! :mad:

HansdampfLOL
12-05-2016, 03:23 PM
just a push so you wont forget that ppl still cant play your damn game. if it is not fixed today i will refund it.....