Blagovitch
12-03-2016, 03:29 PM
I played this game since the beta and i was unable to join friends
Can somebody help me with this?

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Hey,

Could you provide a little more information please:

What message are you getting in game when trying to join them?

Which platform are you all playing on?

Have you all tried doing the connection FAQ's for your chosen platform?

Rullstolen
12-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I have the same problem, i have open the ports and it still dosent work. I can join random players and they can join me,
I get [NE-0000], the session might be full or dosent exist.
Me and my friend are on PC. It is exact the same problem as in the beta.....
I have made a ticket of it but due to high load they are not gona answer any time soon......

Blagovitch
12-03-2016, 04:03 PM
I play on PC
I done the Connection FAQhttps://gyazo.com/901979c0c6aae854591b0bcbb0efb8af
This is what i get if you can't see the picture- [NE-0000]

parasiti
12-03-2016, 04:10 PM
I have the same problems on my ps4. I tried to open the ports, but that didn't work.

I get error code [NE-0000] and [NE-0016] when trying to join my friends.

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 04:49 PM
Cheers for the replies. If you are on PC, can you submit tickets to the support team with these files attached and we will see if there's anything else on the computer that could be causing the issue.

MSINFO - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000021216
DX Diag - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq.aspx?article=000021185

On consoles, could you try making sure the beta's are uninstalled from the console if you had them. Also, could you test it on a 2nd PSN/Xbox account and see if it connects to your friends so we can see if it's specific to accounts rather than connections?

Also test if your friend inviting you instead of you inviting them makes any difference.

Rullstolen
12-03-2016, 04:57 PM
I have done that and sent a ticket, but like i said, due to a high load on the support they are not gona answer any time soon.
They work mon-fri, even when the game released 1 day ago?
How can this be a problem? It works on almost every game without problems even on The Division.....

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 05:27 PM
I have done that and sent a ticket, but like i said, due to a high load on the support they are not gona answer any time soon.
They work mon-fri, even when the game released 1 day ago?
How can this be a problem? It works on almost every game without problems even on The Division.....

We do have some of our support team in the UK available on the weekend especially for releases. It's not a full team but you may still get an email reply on weekends. If you can provide your case number I'll try an get someone to get it looked into a bit quicker for you

Rockaholic90
12-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Same problem here on PC with the error codes NE-0000 and NE-0016. Not able to join friends or play in a group with them. Allready tried serveral steps from the ubisoft forum and reddit but nothing works.

Why the hell can i play and invite random players and not my friends? The fact to play with my friends was the only reason to finally buy steep.

Funny that i can play the division without problems with my friends. So get your **** together and fix this.

Rullstolen
12-03-2016, 06:15 PM
We do have some of our support team in the UK available on the weekend especially for releases. It's not a full team but you may still get an email reply on weekends. If you can provide your case number I'll try an get someone to get it looked into a bit quicker for you

Thank you!
Ubisoft Support Ticket: 03898212

XxDEUS_VULTxX
12-03-2016, 06:45 PM
Same with me. Cannot join any of my friends. They can't join either. Competely broken..

Edit: This problem was known for the beta... You didn't fix it. Get your **** together, the game is half as fun playing alone...

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 06:56 PM
Hey all,

I saw a suggestion for PS4 players with this issue but you could also give it a go with PC.

If both players are already in the game when sending the invite and it doesn't work, have both players quit the game and then one person logs in and sends the invite.

Let us know if you are able to use this method too.

Thanks

Rullstolen
12-03-2016, 07:20 PM
Hey all,

I saw a suggestion for PS4 players with this issue but you could also give it a go with PC.

If both players are already in the game when sending the invite and it doesn't work, have both players quit the game and then one person logs in and sends the invite.

Thanks

Didnt work on PC....

Blagovitch
12-03-2016, 07:44 PM
Thank you Froggard!

SaddleBags69
12-03-2016, 10:12 PM
Its like you can send requests and see that your getting one, but cant interact with anything to accept it. It just ... 'happens?' Nowhere in social, nowhere on the screen sayin hey dummy hit A to accept or anything (usin xbox controller on pc).

Immortalius
12-04-2016, 01:06 AM
Didnt have this problem in closed beta and alpha.
Now i have it,NE-0000 ,NE-0001,NE-0002.
PC

rthorburn
12-04-2016, 03:04 AM
Same exact problem on PS4 and also almost identical problem with WatchDogs 2 also. Ubi games are the only ones I'm having multiplayer connections issues with. :-(

Time to contact whomever you've contracted out the multiplayer servers to. :-)

Rullstolen
12-04-2016, 02:27 PM
So, any news?

Tobismo
12-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Pretty pathetic that this issue hasn't been fixed despite the blatant awareness the devs have.
Great game, but get your sh*t together ubisoft.
Fix these stupid bugs that were raised in awareness in beta yet have been ignored.

SaddleBags69
12-04-2016, 08:19 PM
At least you have some. Rejoice.

Tobismo
12-04-2016, 09:39 PM
At least you have some. Rejoice.

This problem has been around longer than you probably realize.

What use is awareness to us when they do nothing about it?

InTheAirTonight
12-04-2016, 09:55 PM
Same problem here (PS4 Pro). Under social, I see my friends, can spectate, but can't join or invite. When they are trying to invite me I see a pop up, but can't seem to join.

why would I want to touch my router settings? I play other games online no problem. The issue is on Ubisofts side. And I hear from those that are able to play together that it only works on and off... not constantly.

Fix the problem and stop pretending that the problem is on the side of the player (router-settings ... whatever). At least make an announcement that there is an issue with multiplayer and that you are working on it.

InTheAirTonight
12-04-2016, 10:08 PM
ahhh.... guess what I found. Under technical/known issues:

"[XB1]
Canít group together when sending/receiving invites.
When a player issue an invite to group with a friend, this friend may see an error message popping: "Cannot connect to the session. There might be a problem with the connection or the player cannot be joined.Ē
Workaround: This issue will be fixed on the next title update but for now please use the following workarounds:
Ask your friend to issue the invite instead
Join your friend session"

....the workaround does not work. So basically they need to bring out a patch to fix this.

drizzlecsgo
12-05-2016, 08:36 AM
Same Problem on PC getting [NE-0000] Error Message

I cant join friends and I cant invite them for some reason. (Tried Ingame and Uplay Invite with Shift+F2)

Were all around level 20 now and passed the tutorial hours ago. We've already forwarded the usual ports, which are required for Steep and Uplay..

Inviting people, which are near me is working without issues. When were porting to the same location, we arent able to meet eachother, so i think were located on different servers.

What i've noticed is, that two friends of mine are owning the gold version (with season pass; I only got the basic version of steep). Those two guys can team up together without any problems, but i still cant join their group (although the group size is 2/4)

Please fix this soon

Tigercece
12-05-2016, 11:16 AM
Hello,
i've the same problem (error ne-0000). Both me and my friend are put our ps4 ip addresses in a dmz, followed all your suggestion (tried with different accounts, invited friend with the game still closed, etc. etc) but nothig was useful.

this game with this problem is rubbish. playing always alone is not mine and your purpose (i think).

thanks for fix this problem asap.

Tigercece
12-05-2016, 11:31 AM
Hey all,

Thanks

doens't work on PS4 also.

Tigercece
12-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Hello everybody, found the solution!
I had to open the port, on my router, listed in that article: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000025521/Connection-Issue-in-Steep-on-Playstation-4/ to a particular ip (for ex: 192.168.1.15)

I used this ip for my ps4, adding manually all the configuration settings :gateway, subnetmask, dns etc etc.. and now works!

thanks.

mongfevned
12-08-2016, 02:01 PM
I have the same problem here.

my friend amnd myself see other players, can grp with any random ppls we see but we dont see eachother.
in 1 place i saw 1 guy beside me and he was alone. when i logged out of the game suddenly he saw this guy - but he never see me.
at this second we both went to a place. at this palce we saw different ppl driving down a hill..... this really cant be -.-

everytime we get this 0000 Error, doesnt matter we try to do something. we tried to invite each other, synchro, manuel, via uplay aso aso aso.... NOTHING worked and this is absolutely a NO GO. my friend bought it because of playing together - and? nothing -.-

i am really a fan of Ubisoft since years but multiplayer option should be basic - allthough u sell this game with a forced multiplayer alltime online thing. what sense it does when i i see ppl i dont want to see and the ppl i want to see i dont see?

pls fix this asap. its a great game but when u cant play wihth your friend it sucks.

thx in advance, mongfevned

PS: And i am an network admin, CCNA. my network is ok and also the net of my friend - otherwise we wont see any other ppl. and the other thing is: i absolutely wont do my network as a, what u understand, as a DMZ. also i wont open any ports or do a portforwarding into my network or any computer in here. an outgoing all port should be fine and is fine for all games so it should be ok at ubi too - make it work please.

Dawoss83
12-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Ye,

tried everything. Post issue about bug fix to news as i dont have to watch every single thread

bazilrat
12-08-2016, 09:37 PM
Feeling the pain here as well. I'm a sucker who bought the game for 2 other people who I can't play with.

Something has got to give UBI! Fix your shiz!

BurtSoldier
12-13-2016, 10:26 PM
Same problem here, still waiting for a fix since 1st beta. Alpha there where no problems

error codes are NE-0000 NE-0016 and sometimes NE-0004

k0lorado
12-13-2016, 11:51 PM
we need a fix asap

GenericError
12-14-2016, 07:46 AM
I have forwarded every port, disabled firewalls, and manually configured the NAT in my pfsense, all still brought no solution. Is there any estimate as to when this update will be coming out? As I just bought my friend the game as an early Christmas present and we can't even play together.

XxDEUS_VULTxX
12-14-2016, 03:22 PM
This issue was very well known from the early beta stage.

The game released and they didn't give a **** to fix this issue.

I pre-ordered this game (Gold Edition) in order to play it with my gf.

Neither of us can connect to one another.

Requested for a refund. Huge disappointment. Ubisoft is the new EA...

k0lorado
12-14-2016, 07:30 PM
My friend and i managed to fix this problem by changing our IP adress from private to public. We had to call our web provider to do so. Hope it'll help

XxDEUS_VULTxX
12-15-2016, 08:05 PM
My friend and i managed to fix this problem by changing our IP adress from private to public. We had to call our web provider to do so. Hope it'll help

Well you wouldn't want your IP address to be public... And this issue shouldn't happen at all in the first place. It's completely ubisoft's fault..

joussen
12-16-2016, 11:24 AM
It's a shame! I'm not able to play with my friends at all... Please fix it!

spyloops78
12-19-2016, 07:40 PM
PC PLAYER

Same here impossible to join or invite my friend !!!!

error NE-0000 please fix ASAP , just want chill with my buddy

Nisabest
12-19-2016, 08:37 PM
Same here on PS4, can't join my friend since December 2nd, he can't join me in a group and play together. I'm seeing other players tho... Error NE-0000 :confused:

I don't have any issue with any other multiplayer game, not even The Division.

I decided tonight to post a message in this thread because we tried again after 2 weeks. I'm not playing Steep because of this issue...
I bought it to play multi and it never worked with friends... COME ON! :(

sidneymavok
12-20-2016, 07:27 PM
Same here on PS4, can't join my friend since December 2nd, he can't join me in a group and play together. I'm seeing other players tho... Error NE-0000 :confused:

I don't have any issue with any other multiplayer game, not even The Division.

I decided tonight to post a message in this thread because we tried again after 2 weeks. I'm not playing Steep because of this issue...
I bought it to play multi and it never worked with friends... COME ON! :(

exactly the same here buddy... shame ubisoft
just want to play with my friends on PS4 and we can't connect each other.

BurtSoldier
12-23-2016, 02:26 PM
Unfortunatly it is still not fixed. I see they added a wifi icon on top of the social page, it is red on my part and orange on my friends. Portforwarded every port. Still the same errors NE-0000 and NE-0016

spyloops78
12-23-2016, 03:52 PM
PC GAMER ! i open all the recomanded port and still impossible to join or invite friends :( :( :( why with this game it s so complicate to play with friends ??? with other game it s so simple and easy without open port and stuff ! it s absolutly no normal to have so much difficulty to play in group with friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the only way to join friends it s to try and try.... yesterday we spent like 3 hours !!!! 3 times 60 minutes , 180 minutes spaming join or invite until by miracle we can play together .
im french i live in Peru my friend live in fance maybe a clue but we play together a lot of game it s the first game we experiment this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GenericError
12-23-2016, 10:29 PM
I found a fix, although it's not the best thing to do security wise, but at least it works.

Enable UPnP on your router/firewall and the game should work fine. Also make sure that your anti-virus firewall is disabled, or it has Steep as an exclusion.

This should not be required to play the game as no other PC game requires this to play. It is also a security risk because anything on the network can open any port it wants, which is a bad thing.
So make sure to only have UPnP enabled when playing Steep.

spyloops78
12-24-2016, 12:34 AM
sound intersting but the only Upnp option i can find in my router setting are in Lan setting and it s by default "ON". In the firewall page i can t find any Upnp option ?

Nimrods_Legacy
12-24-2016, 02:41 AM
This REALLY needs a Fix!! I want to play with my girlfriend!

Opening ports isnt a solution!
I can play every game online, without any problems, even The Division. Why does this not work?! PLS Ubisoft

spyloops78
12-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Seriously can we hope have one day an official answer from UBI , for this major issue ???????????

toms.dusek
12-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Hi guys,

had the same problem as described, one sleeples night few energy drinks and lots of swearing got me to only one solution. I manualy set my wifi connection in PS4 and set the DNS server ip adress to ip adress of my router (had google DNS before - 8.8.8.8). After this little tweak i can connect to my friend instantly. Hope it will help!!

Tom

PS: I have the same problem in Watch Dogs 2 and changing DNS server does not help. :mad::mad:

Shinanite
12-30-2016, 09:28 AM
Yes I just want to join the chorus in saying I have this problem. The weird thing is that we were three people playing and I could join friend A and my friend B could join friend A. But we couldn't BOTH join A at the same time. And we also couldn't join each other. So I have no idea what kind of weird **** this is. We tried the port forwarding and most of the other things (though we eventually gave up for the day).

I just wanted to add the tidbit of being able to join one person but two of us not being able to join each other.

UbiNoty
12-31-2016, 01:29 AM
Hi all!
If you're having problems grouping up with your friends it is likely to be a connectivity issue.
If you're a PS4 player - please read this connectivity troubleshooting guide (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/000025516/Connecitivity-Troubleshooting-Steep-PS4/) for PS4.
And if you're a PC user - use this PC connectivity guide (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Faqs/000025515/Connectivity-Troubleshooting).

If those don't work, please submit a ticket to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/Games/5018). Since it is the Holiday season you may not get a response right away but we will try to help you resolve your issues as quickly as possible
If you're still having issues after submitting a ticket, please feel free to PM me your ticket number and I'd be more than happy to look into it. :D Happy New Years!

MinkSauce
01-04-2017, 11:16 PM
It would be nice if someone could explain the traffic flow here and how it differs from invitations from friends and random people in the game.

I just shut off port overloading and allowed STUN on my home firewall (SRX) to test out. Since opening my machine to the world didn't correct the issue when tested last night, NAT is really the only culprit I can think of at this point (well, overload/PAT if you want to get technical about it).

I hate you Ubisoft.

MinkSauce
01-06-2017, 06:24 AM
This setup worked for me.... Still a security issue like upnp though. It can also cause issues with common protocols when more than one computer tries to connect to external resources on the same port. So not a solution in my opinion. I rolled my config back after playing as it isn't acceptable to leave a firewall in this state.

spyloops78
01-06-2017, 03:21 PM
we already try everything, open recommanded port etc ... nothing work , sometime after hours of trying we can connect together

so we find a solution we don t play anymore at this game ,too frustrating .............

PoldiTV
01-07-2017, 10:40 PM
CODE:

NE-0000
NE-0001

or

DE-003-01

i have open all ports at the router.

my system:

Win 10 - 64 Bit
GTX 980Ti
16 GB RAM
i7-6700K

all drivers up to date!

its so frustating

spyloops78
01-23-2017, 03:10 PM
ok some funny news !!!

I try everything since one month to play with my friend and nothing work !!

For some reason i change my internet provider, and you know what ? now i can join like a charm my friends .

Rockaholic90
01-23-2017, 09:46 PM
So for me and a friend of mine activating UPNP was the only solution that worked for us, no need for opening ports.

Batbraver
06-08-2018, 12:21 PM
I play Steep on PC,and when I join my friend's game, it remind me can not connect to the game NE-0002,I tried a lot ,BUT I can't join it,what should I do