PDA

View Full Version : Nantillons Exit Point Stuck Binocular

NetQvist
12-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Here's a image from my game.

http://i.imgur.com/mGVXPT0.png

This binocular point refuses to go away for me no matter what, standing on the bridge for the challenge does nothing. Binoculars at this range (495m) does nothing, teleporting back and forth between challenge and bridge does nothing either. It might have happened due to playing with my friend in a group mostly but it's really annoying to see this thing on the map and not being able to get rid off it.

EDIT: I've also got lots stuck NEW on events that wont' go away that I'm pretty sure got discovered through multiplayer.
EDIT2: The stuck NEW tags seem to go away if you do the challenge, normal points with NEW tags get removed as you teleport to them.

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Hey,

Could you make a short video of you doing the challenge please and add it to this thread so we can report this for you?

Thanks,

NetQvist
12-03-2016, 02:17 PM
Hey,

Could you make a short video of you doing the challenge please and add it to this thread so we can report this for you?

Thanks,

Not sure what the challenge really has to do with the binoculars but here's a video. The game was freshly started and I had done nothing at this point in the game except gone to the mountain view.

The binoculars do not show until you get near the point as to which they show up and then you can 'scan' the point once but it doesn't go away like it should. I then teleport to the point and to the challenge and do the challenge but the binoculars are still there.

The later part of the video shows some NEW tags on the flags but apparently it disappeared as I did the challenge so I guess I can get rid of those NEW tags by just redoing the challenges! So at least I discovered that.

https://youtu.be/N3_CkAH_b9o

Video is still uploading at this point but should be available here in a few minutes.

EDIT: video should be up, and wow how bad the 30 fps recording looks compared to real time rendering of it in 1440p!

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 02:21 PM
Not sure what the challenge really has to do with the binoculars but here's a video. The game was freshly started and I had done nothing at this point in the game except gone to the mountain view.

The binoculars do not show until you get near the point as to which they show up and then you can 'scan' the point once but it doesn't go away like it should. I then teleport to the point and to the challenge and do the challenge but the binoculars are still there.

The later part of the video shows some NEW tags on the flags but apparently it disappeared as I did the challenge so I guess I can get rid of those NEW tags by just redoing the challenges! So at least I discovered that.

https://youtu.be/N3_CkAH_b9o

Video is still uploading at this point but should be available here in a few minutes.

EDIT: video should be up, and wow how bad the 30 fps recording looks compared to real time rendering of it in 1440p!

Thanks for the video and additional info. I'm adding it to my report today so it can be looked to see if it can be reproduced and fixed.

Kind Regards,

NetQvist
12-03-2016, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the video and additional info. I'm adding it to my report today so it can be looked to see if it can be reproduced and fixed.

Kind Regards,

Hopefully it can be fixed, this is one of the worst things for me in games getting stuck objectives on the map... Feels like I can't complete the game and I don't think it's even possible to reset your game in Steep =(

I'm almost a 100% certain I got to this point with my friend having it before so I'm guessing that's a hint on how to reproduce it.

unlustig
12-08-2016, 05:13 PM
see title. I have the exact same problems with Nantillons exit point not being discovered even though I can do the cahllenge just fine and also "new" on challenges I have already done

Patient_Fodder
12-08-2016, 06:29 PM
see title. I have the exact same problems with Nantillons exit point not being discovered even though I can do the cahllenge just fine and also "new" on challenges I have already done

Same here, but my dropzone unlocked, as well as the challenge. It just seems like a cosmetics glitch in my game, where the boxes for challenge found and dropzone found are checked, but the hide area box is not unchecked when entering the area for the first time ....

Rusty Skillz
12-09-2016, 09:56 PM
I also have the exact same problem on Xbox One, I only have 1 more drop zone to discover in the game also and i think that this might be bugging me out from getting the achievement, I have multiple challenges that wont have the new tag go away from it, even though i have completed the challenge and have a medal on it it still says that its new

Cat_Fist
12-10-2016, 10:57 AM
Hi, I just thought I'd weigh in also. I'm having the same issue on Xbox one. It's not causing me any grief in the sense that I'm still some way away from unlocking all the drop zones, but to add some information which may help with the debugging - I've never played any multiplayer (in that I've never been part of a group) except for about 30 seconds on the first day that I played when I accidentally joined a group after being invited by a stranger (not really into snowboarding with randoms, but each to their own), and it was well after that that I unlocked Nantillons... or rather didn't unlock it, just discovered it such that I can use it as a drop zone even though it still shows up as locked.

My point is, it is not a bug related somehow to unlocking when playing multiplayer