PDA

View Full Version : Small Bug, Please fix

cimshady04
12-03-2016, 05:46 AM
Hello steep support crew,

Congrats to steep crew for this project despite any grief from the community. I had the chance to play steep beta (29+hrs on record), and i fell in love. I proceeded to pre-order the gold edition. At midnight on the 1st i started my download, and at 2am began to play. I noticed that there was a message about my graphics driver not being supported. Odd i thought... but everything seemed perfectly fine. So I ignored it, after a while i kept seeing a weird graphical glitch on SOME characters. After some further investigation i noticed that it only glitch's on riders wearing Face Masks. I can see the glitch on my own character if i equip a face mask. Everything else works perfectly fine without even lagging, no graphics adjustments needed. just those darn face masks... ^^

My graphics card is HD Radeon 6850...
I know its a bit old, but its still kicking and playing games just fine, worst case I have to turn down graphics a little and im good.

Please, if its at all possible, could you add support for HD Radeon 6k series. Or find a way to fix the face masks so they don't glitch out these cards.
If you need to know what exact driver im running, plz let me know.

Here is a video showing it....

https://youtu.be/A8gMsfYUzMk

UbiVertigo
12-03-2016, 06:05 AM
Hey cimshady - thanks!

Does the glitch only affect your characters, or have you noticed it on other characters around the mountain? And can you confirm whether or not the issue does go away if you lower your settings? I don't know that we'll be able to add support for that card, but we might be able to work around it.

cimshady04
12-03-2016, 12:58 PM
No i first noticed it on other peoples characters and ghosts in challenges. And so far messing with graphics didn't seem to change it... But ill try again tomorrow. Thank you for reply

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 01:37 PM
Hey cimshady,

We are currently investigating the issue already to see if there is anything we can patch, however, it could just end up being due to specific unsupported graphics cards unfortunately.

Thanks for letting us know your graphics card though and hope you continue to enjoy the game.

NetQvist
12-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Hey cimshady,

We are currently investigating the issue already to see if there is anything we can patch, however, it could just end up being due to specific unsupported graphics cards unfortunately.

Thanks for letting us know your graphics card though and hope you continue to enjoy the game.

I have probably seen this happen on very long distances on some of the NPCs riders with a 1080 GTX on the newest drivers but it's very hard to make out that distance but it looks like a large black stick is coming out of their head. Might be a level of detail thing also perhaps.

cimshady04
12-03-2016, 08:40 PM
Ok thank you. I really hope you guys find an easy solution to the face mask problem. I know you have alot on your plates, but I will be really bummed out if it cant get resolved. Its not every day that i will shell out $80 for a game. And if more people start populating the mountain I am concerned the issue might grow. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know. I am tech savvy and have the patience of turtle, and the fortitude of a panda. =P

raso440
12-03-2016, 10:51 PM
I start the game in Paragliding mode and i stand in the Rock . I must self climb up to the Start-point
The second bug is a bigger problem. At Start the Mission by the half Stone with the Card from the Mountains i can not select Snowboarding or Skiing and the Mission is not completed.
Can You fix this problems ? I have the Gold Edition and i can not play the Mission
Ok I am restart the Computer and then have it a Snowboard and the Game is running
Sorry for my English

MFG
raso440