PDA

View Full Version : Draw Distance & Level of Detail

CatherineCat93
12-03-2016, 04:15 AM
Would it be -eventually- possible to increase the Ultra setting of Level of Detail & Shadows in a future patch, in any way? while the game looks amazing, the pixelization/pop-up of higher quality assets (rocks, cliffs, houses, objects and the most noticeable, trees) and shadows can be really distracting especially when riding downhill at higher speeds.. which ruins the immersion for me quite a bit. I know it's probably there to save performance so almost everyone can play it.. but it would be nice for those with alot of GPU/CPU power left.

I would really appreciate it if this could get forwarded to the developers.. but i got the feeling nobody would care though, since most of the people are (probably?) used to really low LoD/Draw Distance pop-ups and pixelization and don't seem to care. :(

Ehngage37
12-03-2016, 09:48 AM
I'm running on pretty low settings, but I'd love to be able to bump up the draw distance on the trees just a bit so I can tell where the branches on the trees are a bit sooner while I'm in my wingsuit. Its frustrating flying in to a low res tree only to have it fade in to a normal tree as I get there revealing new branches.

Patient_Fodder
12-03-2016, 10:18 AM
Agree wholeheartedly.

CatherineCat93
12-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Oh my, i'm so glad i'm not the only one bothered by this! I agree it's mostly the Trees that are really bad, popping in too late... for consoles i get it, to save performance.. but please allow PC users to bump it past ultra, even if it's just via .ini tweaks.

Another thing i'm kinda bummed about is the lack of depth of field outside of the binoculars and mountain view, this is just a personal preference, it's just that it would be nice to have. The steam screenshots on the store page do show depth of field.. but i do know they are heavily modified unfortunately, to sell it better.

CatherineCat93
12-04-2016, 07:26 AM
I wonder, will Ubi even bother to forward this, or will the LoD stay really ugly and pop-in everywhere? it really keeps me from enjoying the game.

The worst and most noticeable with LoD would be when flying a paraglider.. watching every single tree fade and pixelate into a higher quality one is so annoying.

CatherineCat93
12-22-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm bumping this because i want Ubisoft to see this and increase the LoD Distance on PC. Maybe it's just me but after update 1.02 it feels like the draw distance got worse.. or it was so awful like that before.. who knows.

Patient_Fodder
12-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Instead of small chunks, now whole lumps are popping up left and right, not good.