PDA

View Full Version : DS - OMG why so difficult?

SkinnyPoo
06-20-2004, 02:32 PM
ok, i have two T1s with two 3ghz windows 2000 server boxes...i host many games successfully(AA, RVS, JKA, HALO)...i have set them up very easily and with little concentration.

i work as IT...so i have "decent" knowledge of networking and the internet..

BUT for some reason i cannot get the FB Aces dedicated server to work correctly...

it starts up...it shows up in the FB (not aces) dogfight "room"...people can connect but it times out (you never get to see the load screen)...i port forward 21000...the server is behind a nat...we are connecting to the server from outside (not LAN)...i used the GS launcher..

the lack of a formal forum for Dedicated servers is beyond comprenhension...no official guide...nothing...people like myself with bandwidth and good server boxes have to ability to help UBI promote this game...for the love of flight, help us help you...OMG...ridiculous.

1) do you UBI, think we like to play games by ourselves?

2) do you UBI, know that Star Wars Jedi Academy (a great game) was plagued by dedicated server issues leading to a demise in interest? (i feel the same will happen to this game)

3) why put out a dedicated server without support? (i hope marketing didnt come up with that idea)

my confs.ini:

[NET]
speed=8500
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=12
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=0
difficulty=6455384
serverName=+POO+FlightSchool
serverDescription=Dont Buy The Farm!
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.05
checkTimeSpeedInterval=5

[chat]
autoLogDetail=3

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=2.0
nearMaxLagTime=1.0
cheaterWarningDelay=2.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

[Console]
;IP=20000
IPS=
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=logs.lst
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
LOGKEEP=1

[This message was edited by SkinnyPoo on Sun June 20 2004 at 01:45 PM.]

[This message was edited by SkinnyPoo on Sun June 20 2004 at 01:46 PM.]

SkinnyPoo
06-20-2004, 02:32 PM
ok, i have two T1s with two 3ghz windows 2000 server boxes...i host many games successfully(AA, RVS, JKA, HALO)...i have set them up very easily and with little concentration.

i work as IT...so i have "decent" knowledge of networking and the internet..

BUT for some reason i cannot get the FB Aces dedicated server to work correctly...

it starts up...it shows up in the FB (not aces) dogfight "room"...people can connect but it times out (you never get to see the load screen)...i port forward 21000...the server is behind a nat...we are connecting to the server from outside (not LAN)...i used the GS launcher..

the lack of a formal forum for Dedicated servers is beyond comprenhension...no official guide...nothing...people like myself with bandwidth and good server boxes have to ability to help UBI promote this game...for the love of flight, help us help you...OMG...ridiculous.

1) do you UBI, think we like to play games by ourselves?

2) do you UBI, know that Star Wars Jedi Academy (a great game) was plagued by dedicated server issues leading to a demise in interest? (i feel the same will happen to this game)

3) why put out a dedicated server without support? (i hope marketing didnt come up with that idea)

my confs.ini:

[NET]
speed=8500
routeChannels=0
serverChannels=12
localPort=21000
remotePort=21000
SkinDownload=0
difficulty=6455384
serverName=+POO+FlightSchool
serverDescription=Dont Buy The Farm!
remoteHost=
localHost=
socksHost=
checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.05
checkTimeSpeedInterval=5

[chat]
autoLogDetail=3

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=2.0
nearMaxLagTime=1.0
cheaterWarningDelay=2.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

[Console]
;IP=20000
IPS=
LOG=1
LOGTIME=1
LOGFILE=logs.lst
HISTORY=128
HISTORYCMD=128
LOGKEEP=1

[This message was edited by SkinnyPoo on Sun June 20 2004 at 01:45 PM.]

[This message was edited by SkinnyPoo on Sun June 20 2004 at 01:46 PM.]

F16_txmx
06-20-2004, 02:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>2) do you UBI, know that Star Wars Jedi Academy (a great game) was plagued by dedicated server issues leading to a demise in interest? (i feel the same will happen to this game)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, i do not think it will http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Post your question in the Community Support forum and you will get good help.

"Pay to kill, die to lose..."
http://www.flygflottilj16.se/images/sigs_avatars/txmx_sig.jpg (http://www.flygflottilj16.se)
P4 3GHz | ABIT IC7-G | 1GB DDR PC2700 | Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB | Philips 170S4 TFT
Windows XP Professional | DirectX 9.0b | Saitek X45 Hotas | CH Pedals | TrackIR

BaldieJr
06-20-2004, 02:40 PM
?????

BlackMill
04-23-2006, 08:33 AM
I have an identical problem. I have been working on this for over a week. CrazyIvan has an outstanding description of how to set up a dedicated server which I followed but with the final results that only I can connect to the DS locally. I do not have a router I run on a hub with independant security on each computer, same OS's and same setups. I found mention in one thread about removing port forwarding on the gaming computer. I attempted to do this but without success. My primary reason for replying is to bump this thread as there are few threads with a similar situation to my surprise and it has been almost a year since this was started.

I will keep looking for insight and post here if I find any.

~S~

rnzoli
04-23-2006, 11:12 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkinnyPoo:
it shows up in the FB (not aces) dogfight "room"... [...]...i used the GS launcher.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
GS Launcher is not supported, I have the same problem, it shows in the wrong lobby, sent question to UBI support, received answer "shut up and **** off, we don't care about the dedicated server", or something nicer wording, but same meaning.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SkinnyPoo:
the lack of a formal forum for Dedicated servers is beyond comprenhension...no official guide...nothing... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
There is a setup guide thread, with many Q&A, try to find it in this forum, not stickied.
1) do you UBI, think we like to play games by ourselves? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can host games with the normal IL2 software as well, so the dedicated server is not the only means of playing over the net. Far from it. E.g., coop missions are only possible with someone hosting with the normal IL2 software, but impossible with the DS.

2) do you UBI, know that Star Wars Jedi Academy (a great game) was plagued by dedicated server issues leading to a demise in interest? (i feel the same will happen to this game) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are wrong on this one, there are more empty servers out there (seen in HL and ASE), than you can count. This isn't a real threat.

3) why put out a dedicated server without support? (i hope marketing didnt come up with that idea) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, it was the idea of the Managing Director at UBI. Are you happier now?

rnzoli
04-23-2006, 11:13 AM
my reply is pending because i used such angry words to describe the lack of support behind the DS

danjama
04-23-2006, 12:07 PM
4 words:

Dedicated Server setup guide

Troll2k
04-24-2006, 02:50 AM
I do not know if the dedicated server is the same as hosting a game from within the game.There has been a flaw since Forgotten Battles that you can not host from behind a router on Ubi.com

Hosting a dedicated server or game from behind a router is no problem on HyperLobby.