PDA

View Full Version : How do i know where to go next?

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 07:28 PM
After the leader of a mission says good job guys, return to base, how do I know where to go? Is it marked on my map or do i just follow everyone else? I don't get it. Sorry for my newbieness, just want to understand this game better.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 07:28 PM
After the leader of a mission says good job guys, return to base, how do I know where to go? Is it marked on my map or do i just follow everyone else? I don't get it. Sorry for my newbieness, just want to understand this game better.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 07:56 PM
You have two choices. You can just follow your squad home, or you can call home base for a vector (compass heading) and follow it home.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Have you turned on the "No minimap path" option in the difficulty settings? If you turn it off, you'll see the waypoints in your map, plus a landing icon on your base.

GATO_LOCO

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 10:30 PM
3 options, actually:

1) You can bring up your map (default M) and if you have the minimap stuff enabled in the options, then it will show you a black line to follow.

2) Follow everyone else

3) Call home base for a vector home (Default combination: Tab > 8 > 2) and follow the compass heading the person gives you.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 10:32 PM
The map is obvious. I assumed he was flying with it off.

25th_Buzz
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<center>
http://www.vfa25.com/sigs/buzz.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-02-2003, 03:33 AM
There's one more option, but only if you're flying a German plane. If memory serves, all of the German planes have a directional gyro on their compass. This gyro always points in the direction of your next waypoint. If you simply turn your aircraft in the same direction that the gyro is pointing, it will lead you to your next waypoint. Once you reach it, the gyro will switch to the next waypoint and point in its direction. Turn your aircraft so that you're flying in the same direction and you'll fly right to it. Keep doing this, and, eventually, you'll be led all the way back to your base.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Tattered Boots.

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 03:01 AM
appreciate the help. now i get it, now i jus need to learn how to land without wrecking my plane everytime, but thats another thread for sure..lol