PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashes every 15-20 minutes.

NoMoreVanek
12-02-2016, 07:38 PM
Game randomly crashes every 15-20 minutes regardless of the game settings. :(

It can crash in the menus or during an activity. No error message, no nothing - just an instant crash. One second I am sliding down the hill and the next second - looking at Ubisoft splash screen syncronising settings with cloud.

Right now I am trying to completeley reinstall the game. Btw I am Russian and live in Russia so I bought RU-CN version of the game obviously.

I am Using Xbox One gamepad with any other controllers disconnected. Windows 10, Intel Core i7, 16 gb ram, gtx 770 2gb. In-game benchmark said something like ~50 fps on average at high settings.

Pasted my post from the Steam forums.

NoMoreVanek
12-02-2016, 10:41 PM
Ok so I unplugged my Wacom Intuos tablet and the issue seems to be fixed now - had 1h and 25 minutes without crashing.

Please fix Wacom tablets compatibility in the next patch. It is really inconvenient to unplug it every time I start Steep though it is better then constant crashing of course.

bizzlenation
12-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Having the same issue, seems to be every 15 minutes. I have an Intuos tablet as well, I'll try the same thing.

Vieupourri
12-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Having the same issue, seems to be every 15 minutes. I have an Intuos tablet as well, I'll try the same thing.

I tries lots of things, nothing.
I had the same problem on the beta...:(
Every 15 min, the game close and synchronize. And that's all.

Thanks for support, i can't wait to ride after 15 min in this fabulous game.

UBI-Froggard
12-03-2016, 11:59 AM
Hello,

We've got the crashing issue with the Wakom tablet on our known issues thread here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1527713-Known-Issues-Launch-amp-Day-One-Patch)

If this doesn't apply to you and still crash every 15 min, please could you submit a ticket to our support team regarding your issue?

Please attach a DX Diag and MSINFO file to your ticket when submitting it. Help on obtaining these files can be found at the links below:

MSINFO - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq/article/000021216
DX Diag - https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faq.aspx?article=000021185

Don't forget to mention what troubleshooting (if any) you have already tried so it doesn't get suggested to you again.

Thanks,

Samir97419
12-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Bonjour, j'avais le même problème ce matin. Pour vous aidez perso j'ai du désactiver à la source le clavier numérique windows " clavier visuel " et depuis tout vas pour le mieux. J'ai trouvé cet astuce ici :) https://www.reddit.com/r/Steep/comments/5cpqyv/game_crashes_after_15_minutes/

PascoliGa31
12-03-2016, 02:00 PM
Since I have the same issues just as in the two last betas, I've just opened a ticket about it. I've never had a touch input device attached, but I killed the related service in W10 anyway.

LienHK
12-03-2016, 02:20 PM
Ok so I unplugged my Wacom Intuos tablet and the issue seems to be fixed now - had 1h and 25 minutes without crashing.

Please fix Wacom tablets compatibility in the next patch. It is really inconvenient to unplug it every time I start Steep though it is better then constant crashing of course.

I just get crash every 14:XX minutes without do anything.
And I unplugged Wacom Intuos Pro and disconnect wireless module. I played more than hour and no crash at all.:D
But i think ubi still need to fix that problem.

Also, thanks #NoMoreVanek

nnoommeexx
12-04-2016, 12:03 AM
i played the Beta for long hours with not a single problem.
Now it crashes whatever i do around 15 min of playing, exits and sinchronizes.
I have uninstalled Uplay and Steep completly and installed again and still the same.
I played the Beta with a GTX 970 and now the Gold Ed with a GTX 1070, latest nvdia drivers, smooth with all settings maxed and not dropping 60FPS but crashes...
Any help? thks.

Vieupourri
12-04-2016, 07:19 AM
En francais;
desactiver le service du clavier touchpad de windows 10.
On le fait en suivant le tuto plus haut.
Depuis, plus de problemes!!!

Merci pour les réponses.

It was the touchpad service include in win 10, no more problems now, thanks.

wranger1337
12-04-2016, 08:01 AM
I just double checked and the touchpad service was already off and set to Manual, I disabled it just in case but it doesn't seem like that's the fix if you don't have a Wacom device. I also opened a ticket, so here's hoping someone figures out a workaround or they patch it, makes the game super frustrating because its just enough time to get into a line and bang! I swear the game is so good I'm going to give myself PTSD from the sudden stops when it crashes, I don't want to stop playing it!

Amarphius
12-04-2016, 09:28 AM
Hey Guys, I had this problem in beta because I had a second monitor installed. It just happened to be a Wacom Cintiq.
As soon as I unplugged it, the game ran for hours. If you guys do have a second monitor, can you try unplugging?
Hope that helps.

PascoliGa31
12-04-2016, 10:23 AM
The only other thing I have resembling a second monitor case you describe is the Oculus Rift, which it was uplugged during the Steep sessions... I'll try to launch the game after pluggin it in, see what happens :D