PDA

View Full Version : Steep Connection Error - Same as beta

joelisa
12-02-2016, 09:06 AM
Honesty I despair at this company.

Error code DE-008-02 as per the beta. Could you not have fixed this? I messed around with my ports as suggested but it doesn't work. Anyway, why should I have too? All my other games work. Can you please give me a solution and not a link to a solution that doesn't work Ubisoft?

Thanks

Ubi-Surulies
12-02-2016, 10:36 AM
Hello joelisa,

If you continue to encounter this issue please go ahead and contact our support team (https://support.ubi.com/).

Thank you very much,
Alex

joelisa
12-02-2016, 11:58 AM
Surely I should just be able to play like I do with all my other games? Why can't Ubisoft make a game that works?

Ubi-P4in
12-02-2016, 12:05 PM
Surely I should just be able to play like I do with all my other games? Why can't Ubisoft make a game that works?

Hey joelisa, this appears to be the only report of this issue after the servers became available. So we can look into this further for you can you please submit a support ticket here (https://support.ubi.com) and could you please include an image of your open ports so the team can investigate further? Thank you.

joelisa
12-02-2016, 12:09 PM
Hey joelisa, this appears to be the only report of this issue after the servers became available. So we can look into this further for you can you please submit a support ticket here (https://support.ubi.com) and could you please include an image of your open ports so the team can investigate further? Thank you.

What ports should be open? Really not sure why I need to go through all this hassle. It should work, it does for my other games.

JadeTennis
12-02-2016, 01:26 PM
Have you deleted the beta version and reinstall steep?

wotta
12-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Hi, it's a brand new PS4 Pro with no previous install. That's on my old console, although the beta didn't work on that either. Obviously this is the full game though, on a new console.

Same error code as above.

Also no one is replying to my ticket, which seems like you don't care.

joelisa
12-02-2016, 02:41 PM
Still no reply to my ticket. Guess you don't want me to play the game I paid 30 for. I'm so glad I've been a games journalist for 10 years, because I'll certainly be writing about the lack of care from customer support.

maverick_914
12-02-2016, 03:40 PM
Same Code DE-008-02.. ps4 pro
Austria

joelisa
12-02-2016, 04:08 PM
Yeah, quite a few people on Reddit now too.

joelisa
12-02-2016, 04:21 PM
I wonder if Ubisoft are ever going to help?

phuenyearthling
12-02-2016, 06:36 PM
if not sorted soon i want a refund 3o years of gaming this is a new low well done ubisoft

joelisa
12-02-2016, 06:57 PM
Yeah I've tried everything. Port Forwarding, DMZ and rebuilding the database and still no joy. Honestly Ubisoft.

pocpiz
12-02-2016, 07:44 PM
Same here :-(

Impossible to play with friends on xbox live !

Error N0-002 each time !

And that is the same for all my friends on the xbox live .

McJohnBoy
12-02-2016, 08:16 PM
Same issues here
Went through FAQ - fail
Switched off firewall, added xbox to DMZ - fail

Xbox is reporting network is open and connected to Live.

The rest of my game collection still works fine.

For reference
In France, using BBox ADSL router

joelisa
12-02-2016, 08:49 PM
Hi, I just want to let you know I believe I have fixed the problem. Seems my PSN and Xbox account was linked to a Ubisoft account but no email address was assigned. If you sign in to Ubisoft.com with a PSN account or Xbox account then make sure it has an email address assigned in your account settings.

To be clear, it has nothing to do with ports or port forwarding/DMZ.

Took me all day to sort that.

Wreckahoe
12-03-2016, 01:12 AM
Tried all the fixes to this point. Pre-Ordered a game the deluxe digital. Feel like i got screwed.

PSNSAYAGO
12-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Hi, I just want to let you know I believe I have fixed the problem. Seems my PSN and Xbox account was linked to a Ubisoft account but no email address was assigned. If you sign in to Ubisoft.com with a PSN account or Xbox account then make sure it has an email address assigned in your account settings.

To be clear, it has nothing to do with ports or port forwarding/DMZ.

Took me all day to sort that.

ok, here is the problem. I open an ubisoft account using the game need for speed back in 2010, I used the in game set up, never the actual website.
so now im getting this DE-008-02 error in steep and can't connect to ubisoft servers to play steep at all.
I can log into some ubisoft services by clicking the PSN icon because if I try to put the e-mail that is in my psn I can't log in.
I tried to edit the e-mail in the account information webpage but after I click edit I can't type anything in the e-mail space.
of course to get to the account information I had to log in using the PSN icon and log in using my PSN that is link to the ubisoft account.
so can I make a new ubisoft account and link my psn to the new account?
do I have to unlink it from my old ubisoft account 1st?
and would my game's progress and unlocks transfer to my new ubisoft account?

edit: oh yeah when I sign the account information and I look at my information there is not an e-mail already set in my ubisoft account.
but remember that I signed in using the PSN icon to get to my account information.

wotta
12-03-2016, 10:41 AM
ok, here is the problem. I open an ubisoft account using the game need for speed back in 2010, I used the in game set up, never the actual website.
so now im getting this DE-008-02 error in steep and can't connect to ubisoft servers to play steep at all.
I can log into some ubisoft services by clicking the PSN icon because if I try to put the e-mail that is in my psn I can't log in.
I tried to edit the e-mail in the account information webpage but after I click edit I can't type anything in the e-mail space.
of course to get to the account information I had to log in using the PSN icon and log in using my PSN that is link to the ubisoft account.
so can I make a new ubisoft account and link my psn to the new account?
do I have to unlink it from my old ubisoft account 1st?
and would my game's progress and unlocks transfer to my new ubisoft account?

edit: oh yeah when I sign the account information and I look at my information there is not an e-mail already set in my ubisoft account.
but remember that I signed in using the PSN icon to get to my account information.

Contact customer services and get them to put an email address in. The game should work then.