PDA

View Full Version : What is the identity of Assassin's Creed?

joshoolhorst
12-01-2016, 11:13 PM
What is ACs identity? I don't know how to sound clear but I think this is a interesting topic because most people think it's the history part and I think it's the Animus, your ancestors, a journey, you make the choices in life and more but what is it?

Lysette88
12-01-2016, 11:33 PM
As a player I see it as an experience in time and space - to visit time periods in the past and live through the experiences of another person. The lore is afaik about to avoid a future event which will destroy the earth - at least that is what I got from it so far, but I am playing the story backwards, so I can be misled. I guess I am missing something, so I am not sure, if it is really about it at all. The animus plays a big role in all of this of course, because it basically allows for time travel in the mind, but not in reality. This is a different concept and in a way superior to actual time travel.

cawatrooper9
12-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Personally, I'd say it's all about the constant and historical struggle between Templars and Assassins.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2016, 06:40 PM
Assassin's Creed has always been about the sci-fi elements, from the First Civ. to the Pieces of Eden to the whole Juno plot, reaching singularity, digital consciousness and the whole conspiracy realm and how the franchise twisted the stuff we know as fact to tie in with the lore. That's what I believe is the core of the franchise and that's why I keep coming for more games.

Helforsite
12-02-2016, 09:54 PM
Assassin's Creed has always been about the sci-fi elements, from the First Civ. to the Pieces of Eden to the whole Juno plot, reaching singularity, digital consciousness and the whole conspiracy realm and how the franchise twisted the stuff we know as fact to tie in with the lore. That's what I believe is the core of the franchise and that's why I keep coming for more games.

This.

crusader_prophet
12-03-2016, 02:34 AM
To me Assassin's Creed identity is it's ability to send a message surrounding the constant political, ethical, economic, geographical, cultural, historical and scientific dilemmas of terrestrial society that has existed in one form or another across time. And, then show how such conflicts are minuscule and insignificant when put in context of a race of hyperspatial entities and universe in general.