PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else paranoid about the release date?

Joe_Corleone
12-01-2016, 06:12 AM
I know it's crazy, but I'm a little worried the game will get pushed back. Yes I know that if the game needs more time then it should get it to make sure the game is great. That being said...I'm a little selfish and have been waiting like a lot of you since the game was announced. Now that we are only 2 1/2 months away I'm getting a tad nervous that the feb.14 release date will be pushed back and I'm on pins and needles praying that's when I can play it.

DrHazyUK
12-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Im in two minds on it. First, with any project you need a target date to aim for right? Plans are made, people do work, you look at it all and say what you feel able to achieve. So they must have gone through a fair bit of that and keep a constant eye on it (one could reasonably assume they know what they're about) and so agree a release date right up to the point where they know they cant meet it. We all know that software development isn't always straight forward and that plans can change, so certainly its possible it may push back. But i don't perceive that there is any evidence for it thus far. I think the feedback from the tests has been positive, at least the multiplayer side things seem to be fine (and will doubtless see ongoing tweaking as time goes on as we have seen with other MP games). The single player campaign is possibly getting a fair bit of attention I would imagine. Maybe they have heard the comments about the MP modes and are working away on this aspect as well (which could push things back). If it does push back id hope they would explain why at the time.

Having said all that - picking Valentines Day in particular always felt a little too specific to me, it felt like marketing won out on it (or of course it could all be innocent serendipity).

Ultimately - theres no sense worrying about something over which you have no control. We will all soon know one way or the other. And yeah, i too am keen to get hold of the game, but i also know that time does indeed fly by.

Dez_troi_aR
12-01-2016, 10:53 AM
I know that feeling :D

I'd say it is just an overreaction but the fact that we still haven't seen the remaining characters makes me worry, too. After the final design they will still need beta testing, wont they? But maybe i just don't understand their balancing process.

Patient_Fodder
12-01-2016, 12:42 PM
The planned release is Valentine's Day.
Taking into consideration that physical copies have to be printed and shipped, and both Sony and MS need to incorporate the product, 6 weks are needed for that bit of the process at least.
Adding the Holiday period, any Project Manager should know within the coming 2 weeks if the product will get pushed back or not. A later decision on a go/no go is just bad planning and (project) management.

If the decision to push back is made, the question still remains if they will release this information to the public before the Holidays. They should, but we cannot enforce this.
In short, pushing back or not is something we will probably be in the dark about, I however think that they will release on schedule, and any issues will be approved by management as an exception to the project plan.

Patient_Fodder
12-01-2016, 12:51 PM
I am really just waiting for Beta at the moment, that's all I can think of and I wish I could stop.

I pulled the trigger on Steep to keep me occupied till then.
: o)

MathiasCB
12-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Little bit worried since I'm planing on taking a week off work. Wouldn't want o take that damn week and then it turns out it was for nothing. :(

Patient_Fodder
12-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Little bit worried since I'm planing on taking a week off work. Wouldn't want o take that damn week and then it turns out it was for nothing. :(

Not sure how it works there but if you call in being ill here, during your holiday, you get those days back.
You can have your doctor diagnose you with Forhonoritis, no?

MathiasCB
12-01-2016, 03:13 PM
Not sure how it works there but if you call in being ill here, during your holiday, you get those days back.
You can have your doctor diagnose you with Forhonoritis, no?

I just looked that up and it's the same here! Damn... I might get that Forhonoritis in about 3 months. Who knows what could happen?!

Patient_Fodder
12-01-2016, 03:46 PM
I just looked that up and it's the same here! Damn... I might get that Forhonoritis in about 3 months. Who knows what could happen?!

But you are already suffering from it, you are infected, by then it has evolved into Forhonoritis Maximus and you need to be in quarantine.

MathiasCB
12-01-2016, 08:58 PM
But you are already suffering from it, you are infected, by then it has evolved into Forhonoritis Maximus and you need to be in quarantine.

I think it'll be alright, doctors say that the next batch of medicine is possibly on it's way! But I'll be alright, Don't you worry!

yote224
12-04-2016, 12:11 AM
Relax, warrior. Soon enough these times of prerelease will be but a memory we can't revisit. Being postponed is a possibility but far better alternative to being cancelled which I don't think anyone sees happening at this point.
If it helps I suggest you find comfort in a mantra many of us have come to love and hate. "Soon"