PDA

View Full Version : Celsius temperature choice

iGreek_GR
12-01-2016, 12:00 AM
It would be nice to give us the option to change F to C for temperature..game is sold worldwide,many countries use Celsius, not Fahrenheit as temp measurement.

Isnothere
12-01-2016, 06:31 AM
Makes sense. If I lived in Europe, I would definitely want to have C.

Yofriends
12-01-2016, 10:44 AM
Agreed too! Fahrenheit temperatures mean nothing for most people in the world, so it would be really usefull to have an option to change Fahrenheit to Celsius.

In the same idea, the display of the time above the mini-map is not really convenient for non-American players: first, only the numbers are displayed (no am-pm) so it's hard to tell if it's 7 am or pm when you start the game in the middle of the city or in the woods, and secondly, there is no option to switch to a 24-hour clock...

These two options are available on every smartphone around the world (even in the US), so it would be great for non-American players to have them on the game phone: Celsius temperatures and a 24-hour clock! ;)

Dimv92
12-01-2016, 07:11 PM
i would like this too.

Yxgar
12-02-2016, 06:10 AM
I understand, if it were reversed, I'd be a little in the dark about what exactly the temperature was. While you wait for them to maybe change it, you might consider it a part of the experience. Try to allow it to help in you become immersed into San Francisco. I know that if the game were in another country, the fact that the weather would be in Celsius would bring the fact that I was outside of America to the fore of the experience. Just trying to help you make a negative into as much of a positive as possible.

WilliamYool
12-03-2016, 10:55 AM
Hey, we gotta deal with meters, you deal with F. :P

UbiPhobos
12-04-2016, 02:05 AM
Hey everyone! That's a good thought there and I understand that. Thanks for sharing the feedback!

ZigCat_
02-17-2017, 09:53 PM
another argument for the celsius scale is RP-ing in non-us territories.
you play in an open world setting, you can buy a wide range of clothes like jackets, long- and short sleeved shirts, even sleeveless ones, long pants, shorts, undies, boots, sneakers, sandals (with and without socks) and you can pretty quickly change your outfit.

it would be way more convenient to know if 56F is hot or cold? sunny at 66F, is that shorts weather or is that parka and sunglasses weather?
i don't know. if MY thermometer says "56" i'll be laying on the floor, panting, probably on my way to put my head in the fridge while pointing a fan at point blank range at the rest of my body.
(just for scale: in celsius 37 is regular body temperature, 0 is when water freezes and 100 is when water boils. 56C would be critically hot, and a lot of old people would just drop dead, because of bad hydration, paved streets would start to melt and you would in general have a bad time any place not equipped with an AC)

in short: it would be great if we had the option to choose. in this case i'd rate convenience and understanding way higher than realism. =)

KuangEleven77
02-18-2017, 08:55 PM
The distance is measured in meters, the temperature in Fahrenheit. The game takes place in the US. Weird mixture.
I agree, make it a user choice, if possible

DCAustin007
02-20-2017, 07:04 PM
The distance is measured in meters, the temperature in Fahrenheit. The game takes place in the US. Weird mixture.
I agree, make it a user choice, if possible
Ha!
I missed that, but you're right. At first I was surprised the phone was locked to degrees F, then forgot about it because the game is so fun anyway. Seriously Ubisoft, you guys did a great job on improving from the first WD in pretty much every single way. Well done.