PDA

View Full Version : Watch Dogs 3?

MrSilver30
11-30-2016, 03:02 AM
First and foremost this is a great game. Great job on the characters and listening to the words of your fans. Sure some things could be better but considering none of us had a part in creating this game (some of you had mommy pay for it) most of us should calm down and shut the hell up. Now I know everyone has a different opinion on this game. And I know you can't please everyone especially that one person that's never happy. Mainly because they can't please themselves. But if there's a Watch Dogs 3 and I hope there will be. Here are some suggestions.

1) Bring the moral pendulum back. In order to be truly be seen as benevolent you must always use non life threatening tatics. And if you don't the public and fans will see you differently and act accordingly.

2) The next main character shold be a Latino or Latina (just to keep it diverse).

3) Bring that Urban city back, like New York City. I miss it so bad. Like a city with a train system, again like NYC.

4) Also if there's going to be nudity in the game then why can't the main character get some? I mean really. Someone even thought of putting in ******s in it. I mean really.

5) Also bring the side games back. Chess should stay but the others can change. Also bring the side missions back like stopping a gang member from reaching a checkpoint.

Again great job with Marcus and his style and personality. The game looks far better than the first. We all want the perfect game (which is impossible) but we don't mind if you try anyway. 👍👍👍😀😀😀

A_Colder_Vision
12-02-2016, 04:17 PM
I hope, Hope, HOPE there will be a WD3, and that it will bring us back closer to the original. Online hacking in this iteration is VERY broken, but was the diamond-in-the-rough of the original.

I agree! NYC should be the next location. It's a densely packed city with many buildings which would offer tons of hiding spots for online hacking. San Fran feel way to open not very lively. There is too much open space in this game. The map in WD2 may be bigger, but it is mostly water. I'm not so sure the cityscape itself is very much larger than the original. Personally, I prefer the closed in claustrophobic feel of Chicago. NYC should feel even more so.

I also do like your idea of keeping the protagonists diverse. That's a theme Ubi should keep. :)

UbiPhobos
12-03-2016, 12:48 AM
Hey MrSilver and Colder VIsion,

So happy to hear that you have enjoyed the game! Thanks for taking the time to share some feedback with us. This really does help with any future changes or creations - some good ideas here!

Keep on hacking!

http://68.media.tumblr.com/56398cfb3e32edfe7587aada63f3b5cf/tumblr_og6ornNdya1tdo3v8o3_540.gif

Isnothere
12-05-2016, 02:24 AM
Yeah, WD2 is great and if there is a WD3 planned, make sure you add some steering sensitivity options to the console version. Oh, and instead of making us all use the same handling/physics style, consider adding 2 modes for driving - Arcade and Simulation (a-la Mafia 2/3). This way, everyone is happy. If you add these 2 driving modes, please go the extra mile and make the car damage matches the mode (arcade = less damage...a-la WD2, Simulation = more damage...a-la GTA 4).

I wouldn't be surprised if adding driving modes alone triggered more sales. If you have been keeping an eye on the modern open world games market the past 5-10 years, you know that I'm right.

MisterFibble
12-05-2016, 05:27 PM
Why not make WD3 set in a different country entirely? Paris, London, Rome, Beijing are potentially more interesting than another american city although I can see some folk not liking those as it would mean having to tone the gunplay right back so the game goes more stealthy.

Maybe take a page out of Uplinks book so that if you're not careful and leave traces behind (high body count) then the game will start to hunt you down. Can't be that hard for law enforcement to see an "unkown" and follow them from camera to camera regardless of knowing your identity.

Diverse characters are fine but for the love of god stop making them such awful sterotypes.

MrSilver30
12-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Why not make WD3 set in a different country entirely? Paris, London, Rome, Beijing are potentially more interesting than another american city although I can see some folk not liking those as it would mean having to tone the gunplay right back so the game goes more stealthy.

Maybe take a page out of Uplinks book so that if you're not careful and leave traces behind (high body count) then the game will start to hunt you down. Can't be that hard for law enforcement to see an "unkown" and follow them from camera to camera regardless of knowing your identity.

Diverse characters are fine but for the love of god stop making them such awful sterotypes.

After NYC is made London is fine. But even Tokyo is more dense with skyscrapers than London. So I'd actually prefer Tokyo first.The high body count concept is cool.

As for the diversity and sterotypes. What I love most about the main protagonist and the main characters is that he/they does not fit normal sterotypes. As far as the NPC's sure they are stereotyped but who cares, they are NPC's. And it's funny.

And as for the driving I think you just have to adjust. Yeah you can spin out pretty easily on some cars but if you make adjustments it's not that bad. If you really want a life like driving experience than you should probably get driving simulation game which this is not.

Thanks Ubi looking forward to WD3!

MenocidiX
12-05-2016, 10:49 PM
Make Watch Dogs dark again. The majority won't agree, but I loved Aiden & Chicago, way more than the sunnyboy hipster stuff.

Isnothere
12-06-2016, 02:26 AM
Any city that doesn't require driving on the left side. But that's me.

Oh, by the way, why not in Canada? Toronto, Vancouver....even your hometown of Montreal...? As long as the city is accurate like the real thing, and is living and breathing (with WD1 traffic density), it doesn't matter what city you pick.

Distortortion
01-22-2018, 02:33 PM
After NYC is made London is fine. But even Tokyo is more dense with skyscrapers than London. So I'd actually prefer Tokyo first.The high body count concept is cool.

As for the diversity and sterotypes. What I love most about the main protagonist and the main characters is that he/they does not fit normal sterotypes. As far as the NPC's sure they are stereotyped but who cares, they are NPC's. And it's funny.

And as for the driving I think you just have to adjust. Yeah you can spin out pretty easily on some cars but if you make adjustments it's not that bad. If you really want a life like driving experience than you should probably get driving simulation game which this is not.

Thanks Ubi looking forward to WD3!

I would love London or Tokyo but I think it could also be cool to go Somewhere no game has went (at least I donít know if itís been used) in Dubai. Maybe a bad idea, maybe to risky but if it were me Iíd strongly consider to take the threat. Iím not real into a London setting for the sole reason that theyíve already went there. It was a different game but I still wouldnít use it just because of that

TexMinimus
03-06-2018, 04:54 PM
i would love cities like lagos or calcutta or islamabad. that'd show some diversity!

InsaneDriver36
05-19-2018, 07:49 PM
What immerses a player into the game's world more effectively than anything else? The camera. While I enjoyed Watch Dogs 2 for all it offers, the camera is pulled too far out from Marcus. Sure, I can go into weapon mode view, which is good, but then you can't run and the cops show up as people flee.

Ubisoft, for Watch Dogs 3 now in development (secretly), please offer a few camera choices for the default on foot view. Why was that off the table in Watch Dogs 2?
Aiden Pearce in WD1 has the camera over his shoulder, which is a very immersive view without being claustrophobic (too close), but perfect for feeling like you're in the world without going to FPV (first person view). Of course an option like in Ghost Recon Wildlands would be ideal. That game has awesome 3rd person camera views. I feel like part of that game world when I play it.

When I play WD2, I feel too detached from Marcus. And worst of all, when you keep the default camera so far out Ubisoft, the camera twitches and bounces all over the place when indoors or tight areas. It looks sloppy and is annoying from a game design standpoint.
And with the motorcycles, the sense of being on the bike is totally erased by the bird's eye camera views you gave us. And then worst yet, the faster you ride, the further away the camera goes, making the bike look like a tiny object in the huge frame of the game. Then in first person view, we don't even get the dashboard of the bike. The bikes control well, so it's disappointing this is the case. At least in WD1, the camera was decent for the bikes. Ideally, an over the shoulder view where you can see the back tail light and part of the back tire would be really cool. Midnight Club 3 got the camera views perfect.

The most immersive games often offer a few great camera views to enjoy. GTAV being one example, and Fallout 3 and 4 have an awesome camera that lets you zoom in our out as you want, then lock it in. And as I mentioned, Ghost Recon Wildlands nailed the camera views for 3rd person immersion into the game world.

Why are camera views a big deal? Because they're our window into the game. If you want us to feel detached, zoom the camera far away from the character. If you want us to feel like we're right there with the character in the game's world, zoom in over the shoulder from the waist up, with the camera offset to either side, as with Watch Dogs 1. That camera view should never go out of style. And offer a few choices for those who like far out views for variety's sake. Thanks Ubisoft.

Otherwise, I still play Watch Dogs 2, but I really prefer Watch Dogs 1. It's just too bad the rest mode was removed from that game. That's one of my favorite PS4 games since it was released.

FATMANYOU2
08-23-2018, 04:12 PM
Location NYC!