PDA

View Full Version : Please add an option to disable aim assistance on controllers COMPLETELY

Helmnos
11-29-2016, 03:36 PM
I play on PC and I prefer to use a controller whenever possible, just like many others do, but I absolutely abhor aim assistance, that's why I always turn it off whenever possible. Once thing I specially like about Ubisoft is that they typically always allow you to turn it off in the options menu (which I thank them for, since some companies just force aim assistance on controller users without an option to disable it), and doing so turns aim assistance off completely, without leaving behind a little bit, which is something I really hate about some developers.

If playing Watch Dogs 2 with a controller, there's aim assistance. You can tone it down in the options menu, but only down to "Minimal" (out of three options). While it's nice to have several levels of assitance for aiming, I strongly believe that an option to remove it completely should be an industry standard. And yes, there's still some assistance in "Minimal", albeit very slight. It still annoys me and I believe that a lot of players too. Unfortunately, most players don't usually voice themselves on forums when it comes to forced aim assistance. The exact same thing happened in the first Watch Dogs game, but I think not many people complained about it, so it was never added. I hope this is not the case too for Watch Dogs 2.

I know mouse and keyboard can be better for shooting, but I simply prefer the controller and I like to know that I've earned that headshot. I don't need or want any help.

Come on, Ubisoft, please! It took you 7 months to add a toggle to The Division after lots of players asked for it. Please add an option in the WatchDogs 2 menu to disable it completely.

Think of it this way: if a player is going to take the time and bother to go the options menu and toggle aim assistance off, it's probably because they want ZERO aim assistance. How do you think they're going to feel when they realise that, even though they've disable it on the options menu, there's still some assistance?

And please, don't tell me that most third person shooters are like that. While some do force us with irremovable aim assistance or rather leave behind deliberately some assistance after we've disabled it, this is fortunately not the case for the majority. And even if it was, just be better than them and give us the option, please! D: I know it can't be a hard feature to implement...

Please leave a comment to show your support so they can notice this! =)

Thanks in advance for your time^^

Helmnos
12-01-2016, 04:49 PM
I've tried to play normally with "Minimal" assistance, but it is messing with my aim all the time, I cannot aim properly. Everytime enemies move, so does my crosshairs =(

Please, Ubisoft, add an "Off" option.

Is nobody else interested in this?

AdmiralKoloth
12-03-2016, 04:01 AM
That, and the ability to change the hacking aim assist like you can for the mouse.

UbiPhobos
12-04-2016, 02:02 AM
Hey there!

That is a great point and I completely understand that. Thanks for taking the time to provide the detail and I am happy to share that feedback along!

Hope you have been enjoying the game still :)

Helmnos
12-06-2016, 03:23 PM
Hey there!

That is a great point and I completely understand that. Thanks for taking the time to provide the detail and I am happy to share that feedback along!

Hope you have been enjoying the game still :)

Thanks a lot :D At least now I know you're aware =)

And thank you too, AdmiralKoloth for the support and input =) I had no idea about that, but it would also be nice to have that option for the controller as well^^

Please, keep showing your support so that the developers finally add it. I really hope this feature becomes implemented =)

Helmnos
05-23-2017, 02:17 PM
I know it has been almost a year since I started this post, but many patches have been rolled out and there are still no new options in the options menu regarding the aim assistance and the hacking safe zone (what AdmiralKoloth suggested).

Could you please at least confirm if this suggestion was rejected or forgotten or something? I still haven't played the game waiting for a patch to add the option, and every time a patch is released I launch the game to check it.

Thanks in advance =)

Nibbo
10-06-2017, 12:23 PM
I've only just started playing this game and this is an issue I don't think I've ever run into. Forcing aim assist crazy. I'm at a mission that I' struggling to stealth so I thought I'd just give in and shoot everyone. I'm used to taking my own shots, and the auto aim tugging the gun around when I'm trying to shoot is horrible. How is it a good idea to force this?