PDA

View Full Version : Great game. What is BOB?

ThirdCoastNickP
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Im a new IL2-FB user and first off let me tell you, I love this game. Its not only fun to play but it has sparked an interest for me to read about older aircraft and WW2 itself. I know there is the ACE expansion thats due soon but Ive read something about BOB in an other thread. Is this another expansion or a different game (saw a game named Battle of Britain in BestBuy). Also, excuse this question if its historically off, but why isnt there an A6M Zero in il-2, fb, or ace?

ThirdCoastNickP
02-24-2004, 01:22 PM
Im a new IL2-FB user and first off let me tell you, I love this game. Its not only fun to play but it has sparked an interest for me to read about older aircraft and WW2 itself. I know there is the ACE expansion thats due soon but Ive read something about BOB in an other thread. Is this another expansion or a different game (saw a game named Battle of Britain in BestBuy). Also, excuse this question if its historically off, but why isnt there an A6M Zero in il-2, fb, or ace?

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-24-2004, 01:28 PM
Actually there IS an A6M5 as well as a Ki84 in the patch v1.22.

BoB is a new sim under developement by 1:C and crew to be released in a year or so.

Oh...and welcome! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

Taylortony
02-24-2004, 01:29 PM
Yes it does rock no BOB is not the game that you saw in best buy.
It is infact another Battle of Britain game that is being developed by Oleg and the team that built IL2 and IL2 FB, it will be a new cutting edge game and not an add on but a totally new concept so don't expect to see it for a year or so http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maj_Death
02-24-2004, 01:46 PM
IL2 was the original flight sim by this developer. FB was intended as an addon for it but ended up being a stand alone release instead. The Aces expansion is an addon for FB that will add new maps, new planes and do general upgrades to the damage models and flight models. It may also add some additional bomb loadouts to bombers and fighter bombers (this part is unconfirmed). BoB is an entirely new sim as has already been said. BoB is short for "Battle of Britain." The Battle of Britain took place from 1940-1941. The sim based on it will not have nearly as many aircraft as FB but theoretically they will be modeled with greater detail. It will have a new graphics engine, new physics engine and likely new AI as well. Release date is 2005 I think but given the history of flight sims, early 2007 is a more realistic release date.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The F7F Tigercat in Aces Over the Pacific is overmodeled.

MandMs
02-24-2004, 01:46 PM
Start saving your pennies for you will only get the most out of the 'new' BoB if you have a high end 'pute when it is released. A mid 'pute will having you missing all the 'eye candy'.

I eat the red ones last.

ThirdCoastNickP
02-24-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks for all the info. Ive been busy flying the Zero http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I wish Lo-mac had the networking quality these guys have. My computer is medium powered compared to high specs these days but if the flight sim release date theory is true(2007), I think I will have upgraded 2 or 3 times by then.

qtv
02-24-2004, 03:56 PM
What's Rowans BOB?

SUPERAEREO
02-24-2004, 04:02 PM
Rowan's BoB was/is an older sim, which actually was not that bad at all, even if now looks very dated graphically.

It was produced by Empire Interactive.

UBI's BoB is yet another Battle of Britain sim *yawn*.

S!

J30Vader
02-24-2004, 04:41 PM
Rowna's BoB has improved since the code became open source. Go to the simhq BoB forum. Not only can you plan raids, you fly in them.

I think the one you saw is the History Channel game.

If you like to play at the OKL or Fighter Command level, there is Talonsoft's BoB.