PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client November Update - Monday November 28th

Ubi-Johan
11-28-2016, 02:28 PM
Hello folks,

Today a small hotfix was released for a rare activation issue.

Bug Fixes

Resolved a game activation issue that would sometimes occur when launching a game from Steam for the first time while the Uplay client is already running

/ Johan

ceekay.sickart
11-29-2016, 09:31 AM
Hi! I want to report an issue that is bothering me since the November 25th update, which, ironically, is about authentication.

The issue is that Uplay doesn't memorize my credentials when I switch from my laptop to my PC, or vice-versa.

I mean, I open Uplay on PC to play something or simply to update a game or even Uplay. Then I close the client and switch to my laptop, and the laptop client forgets who I am.

After I logon on my laptop, do the same chores, then go back to the PC, that client forgets who I am.

Prior to 25th November, this wasn't happening. If I closed the client on a computer, it was closed and that was it. Other computers still had my credentials available and running the second I opened the Uplay Client on them.

Please fix this, because ticking "remember me" doesn't solve anything. At all.

ceekay.sickart
11-30-2016, 10:33 AM
No answer? Really?

ceekay.sickart
11-30-2016, 08:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. Guess it was a one side discussion from the beginning, wasn't it?

I managed to solve the problem for the moment by deleting the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder from the App Data directory.

It seems some files there conflicted with the November 25th version of the game.