PDA

View Full Version : Give us the option of uplay automatically shutting down when we exit a game

Iron-Badger
11-28-2016, 06:56 AM
I don't want to see the uplay application in my system tray when I'm finished playing an Ubisoft game. And I don't want to go through the extra effort of having to close it, it's bad enough to be installed on my computer.

Lysette88
11-28-2016, 07:03 AM
You can uncheck the box for "minimize to system tray" in the settings section of Uplay. This should do it.

Iron-Badger
11-28-2016, 10:46 PM
You can uncheck the box for "minimize to system tray" in the settings section of Uplay. This should do it.

The option 'minimize Uplay to system tray when the application window is closed' does not answer my problem.

I buy all my Uplay games from Steam, and when I'm done playing them I don't want the uplay client to stick around in the background. If I had the choice I wouldn't want uplay in any game I buy, but it's attached to all their games.

Lysette88
11-29-2016, 04:34 AM
Certainly it does not answer your question, because you did overlook that I said "uncheck" that box - so that it will not be minimized but shut down after you closed your game. I buy my games as well on steam and it works for me like this. The startup of a game takes a little longer this way though, because the Uplay client will initialize, look for patches and synchronize the achievements before the game can actually start up and this every time.

Vibranium.
12-22-2016, 10:16 PM
I have been asking for the same thing for over 2 years, and have been told that by the team that they don't want to do it. I would applaud the Uplay staff if they added a simple little option for the client to close after finishing a game, not just minimising to system tray. Rockstar Social Club and Origin do this, and everything is normal as usual.

So if the Ubisoft community team members read this again, I would please ask that this option be considered, it is something that will not affect ad revenue and would be very much appreciated. I would be more inclined to buy games directly through Uplay if you guys could make it happen, even if it's low priority. Thanks in advance and I hope a programmer can agree with me for once and put it on a list :D