PDA

View Full Version : Was artillery affected by patch?

|CoB|_Spectre
05-25-2004, 09:13 AM
I built a mission using the new MT desert map, based on Panzers making a pincer move on the petrol storage facility located at the only town on the map. I placed several field artillery pieces on the map and some static cameras to gauge AI behavior. I was surprised to see the artillery no longer fired at the advancing armor and were systematically destroyed by the Panzers. A few stationary M4 Shermans did exchange fire with the Panzers, so the tanks are not affected. I have built numerous missions with ongoing artillery duels as part of the scenario and I hope if something in the patch adversely affected their behavior, it will be fixed.

|CoB|_Spectre
05-25-2004, 09:13 AM
I built a mission using the new MT desert map, based on Panzers making a pincer move on the petrol storage facility located at the only town on the map. I placed several field artillery pieces on the map and some static cameras to gauge AI behavior. I was surprised to see the artillery no longer fired at the advancing armor and were systematically destroyed by the Panzers. A few stationary M4 Shermans did exchange fire with the Panzers, so the tanks are not affected. I have built numerous missions with ongoing artillery duels as part of the scenario and I hope if something in the patch adversely affected their behavior, it will be fixed.

Giganoni
05-25-2004, 11:48 AM
Hmm, funny...I've made plenty of artillery battles on the desert map with them firing at tanks. You seem to be an experienced builder so I assume you got them facing the right way, aren't blocked in anyway and are artillery, not a static object. Hmm..don't know then.