PDA

View Full Version : What game to play next?

Leich11
11-24-2016, 08:18 PM
hi
so i just finished black flag . what do you recommend to play next ?

is rogue good ?

andynaruto10
11-25-2016, 02:07 AM
Although Rogue is shorter, it has a great story, it ties to AC 3 and 4. So go for it. And if you didn't play the Ezio games, you must, they're the best. AC 2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

Leich11
11-25-2016, 02:49 AM
no , i picked the series from AC4 ,
THANKS

Lysette88
11-25-2016, 04:38 AM
Ok, then I would suggest to watch an AC "movie" video of the trilogy (AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations) and AC3, there are good ones on youtube. This is in order to get aware of the story part of those games, if you are not going to play them, it will help to understand what is going on. Both take about a day to watch in total, but you will have a far better idea what the series is about.

Lignjoslav
11-25-2016, 11:05 AM
I would always recommend playing the first AC. It's not a perfect game, so after AC IV, it might not sit that well with you, but if you could set that aside (and maybe look at it as a completely separate game until you've finished it), the story and the atmosphere (visual design, sounds, main and supporting characters...) are perfect and AC and AC II, combined, tell one of the best stories in gaming. Maybe I'm just a good storyteller, but anyone to whom I told the story over the years, non-gamers included, wanted to play or got all philosophical on Assassin world view vs Templar world view (with some actually favouring the Templar ideas), so I'd recommend at least trying it.

Lysette88
11-25-2016, 02:59 PM
I would always recommend playing the first AC. It's not a perfect game, so after AC IV, it might not sit that well with you, but if you could set that aside (and maybe look at it as a completely separate game until you've finished it), the story and the atmosphere (visual design, sounds, main and supporting characters...) are perfect and AC and AC II, combined, tell one of the best stories in gaming. Maybe I'm just a good storyteller, but anyone to whom I told the story over the years, non-gamers included, wanted to play or got all philosophical on Assassin world view vs Templar world view (with some actually favouring the Templar ideas), so I'd recommend at least trying it.

In a way that is what AC Rogue is about - this dilemma between Assassin and Templar ideologies. I have not played it yet, but I read a couple of reviews and this made me curious about this game. As far as those ideologies go, my personal view on it is, that both are rather extreme and the best way might be a middle-ground between both. There has to be some kind of control and as well concentration of wealth, otherwise nothing would go forward, because no one would be able to take the risk of an expensive investment, which does not have a known outcome. But this should not be done by taking away too many freedoms from people. There has to be a balance for best progress and common well being of people and nations - so a middle-ground is required IMO.

My opinion is based on how progress is made nowadays though. Most progress is achieved by companies nowadays, which are financed by risk-taking venture capital companies and organizations. This is another form to concentrate wealth to be able to finance high risk, but eventually high profit endeavors. Just think of how different history would have turned out, if queen Isabella of spain would not have financed the project of Columbus. This was an absolute risk investment and this would not have been undertaken, if the money would have been spread out to a lot of people instead to be concentrated in one hand - well, given that the project was most likely refinanced - but this would as well not be possible without wealth concentration. So this is actually the part where templar ideology makes sense for example.

Leich11
11-25-2016, 09:43 PM
ok thanks .
i will

Leich11
11-25-2016, 09:48 PM

is it old ?
does it have good graphics ?

Lignjoslav
11-25-2016, 11:26 PM
It's from 2007., it had very good graphics for the day. Here are some of my (many) screenshots from that time:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/AssassinsCreed_Dx10 2009-11-17 13-36-50-80.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/AssassinsCreed_Dx10 2009-11-20 22-22-42-89.jpg~original

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/IvanV/Gaming/AssassinsCreed_Dx10 2009-11-17 01-27-01-05.jpg~original

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 12:16 AM
Funny thing is, when I see these pictures, I hear in my head "You will steal in my presence?- This will cost you your life. Thief, dirty thief, I'll have your hands for this" - I guess I have heard it so often from merchants, that it plays automatically in my imagination, when I see those pictures. It's without doubt a great game, even it is a bit dated now, but still worth to be played.

If I recall correctly, it was to signalize, that there is a "help the citizen" event nearby, where you free a suspected thief and get a group of helpful allies as reward, which will eventually help you out, when you get into a fight nearby. None of those AC games I played so far was disappointing, all worth it.

Edit: even AC1 is now nearly a decade old, the architecture of Jerusalem and Damascus in this game is awesome, just like the dark and in comparison not that impressive city of Acre (I felt Acre had something depressing to it). Two different forms of civilizations clashing with each other, and you as Altair among them, witnessing it first hand. Worth it.

Lignjoslav
11-26-2016, 01:07 AM
Haha, that sentence is burned into my memory as well! :D And yours is spot on about everything you said. Acre, having just fallen to crusader hands, is partly in ruins and to further emphasize the somewhat depressive atmosphere of a recently besieged, battered and defeated city, the devs gave everything a bluish tint. I do remember that I couldn't wait for the last section of the city to become available in order to scale the huge cathedral, though. :D

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 02:04 AM
Acre was undoubtfully interesting to play, I did not say it wouldn't. But when one came from the sprawling themes in Jerusalem and Damascus into Acre and saw the damage in this city and how the crusaders made it into a threatening place, this is really depressing. Ubisoft has done this very well, it feels so much more dangerous in Acre than in the other cities. Acre feels like a city in the shadow of doom in way, like all of it's life blood and culture would be sucked out of it. And in a way it was like this.

GhostAssassinLT
11-26-2016, 10:22 AM
If you do decide to play the very first AC game (which is really good) don't forget to go to the graphics options and enable Vertical Sync as that helps with amongst other things to fix the dX 10 issues with this oldie but goodie.:cool:

strigoi1958
11-26-2016, 05:35 PM
AC3 is still awesome with puzzles and homestead missions... or if you fancy a slight change Far Cry 3 is cheap and has a fantastic story and characters... then FC 4 and primal.:) Back to AC I would always suggest playing the entire series as it is so good. AC1 lacks a little compared to todays games but it sets the story perfectly and you can see the potential that is developed wonderfully as the series progresses.

AC4 BF was amazing, I loved the sailing (there is some sailing in AC3) after that, Unity is huge and Syndicate is even bigger....

Ezio's Trilogy. Ezio is probably the most liked and charming of all the assassins, AC2 drove me mad trying to do the timed lever sections in the tombs but it is a great game, AC brotherhood is a follow-on to AC2 while revelations.... was, a revelation, hugely enjoyable and even today I still have the advert (commercial) saved as a mpeg video on my PC. Whatever you choose you will have the great experience of the first time playing.... :)

Revelations trailer... still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when Ezio sees the vision/ ghost of Altair... :)

https://youtu.be/4K39UWxdm0U

Leich11
11-26-2016, 06:35 PM
If you do decide to play the very first AC game (which is really good) don't forget to go to the graphics options and enable Vertical Sync as that helps with amongst other things to fix the dX 10 issues with this oldie but goodie.:cool:

thanks >

many people really told me to play it the first AC

AC3 is still awesome with puzzles and homestead missions... or if you fancy a slight change Far Cry 3 is cheap and has a fantastic story and characters... then FC 4 and primal.:) Back to AC I would always suggest playing the entire series as it is so good. AC1 lacks a little compared to todays games but it sets the story perfectly and you can see the potential that is developed wonderfully as the series progresses.

AC4 BF was amazing, I loved the sailing (there is some sailing in AC3) after that, Unity is huge and Syndicate is even bigger....

Ezio's Trilogy. Ezio is probably the most liked and charming of all the assassins, AC2 drove me mad trying to do the timed lever sections in the tombs but it is a great game, AC brotherhood is a follow-on to AC2 while revelations.... was, a revelation, hugely enjoyable and even today I still have the advert (commercial) saved as a mpeg video on my PC. Whatever you choose you will have the great experience of the first time playing.... :)

Revelations trailer... still makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when Ezio sees the vision/ ghost of Altair... :)

https://youtu.be/4K39UWxdm0U

THANKS >

black flag were too long . i literly played it for 2 month straight .

on the other hand . some people told me that AC2 was italian only and no english

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 07:03 PM
AC1 is different from it's successors in that it is very methodical. You go to your target area, meet with the leader of assassin's bureau in that city, you seize all view points, eventually help out citizens in order to get some support and you make certain investigations which give you background information, which you need to complete your mission. Then you return to the assassin's bureau and get the order for the assassination. You use our intel to perform the assassination, get the info from your assassination target and then you escape from the target area and get back to the assassin's bureau. And this repeats pretty much with every district in those 3 major cities. The assassinations are interesting and the architecture of the cities is awesome and has a lot of atmosphere. But the gameplay itself is repetitive in the way I just described. Nevertheless it is a very good game. there are a couple of side activities, like roof top races, collectibles and such as well.

Ah, and something else is different - AC1 is not bound into Uplay - it is stand alone.

Btw: the suggestion with Far Cry 3 is an excellent one - it is currently available for a few bucks on steam - black friday sale. It is a shooter, but not in the normal way, it is pretty much open world and has an intriguing story with very memorable characters. Lots of fun to mess around with the game world. Angry Joe has reviewed and described it the best IMO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sthdNBoMJBQ

strigoi1958
11-26-2016, 07:17 PM
I guess it depends on several things, how much you read in the game, how direct you play and style of play... combine that with how many hours you play each week will mean that there is a big difference in how long a game takes to play.

I do not buy Call of Duty games because the campaign may only last 3 hours.... I don't play online much except with friends so 60/ $60/ €60 is a lot of money for a 3 hour game. Ubisoft is great value for money and I play a lot.... sometimes 100+ hours per week but usually 50 to 70 hours each week. The fastest the main game was played is 12 hours for AC4 BF but most people play around 40 to 50 hours to finish the game and side missions etc... (more if trying to get 100% of everything.)
So 2 months is a LONG time :)

I'm English and the majority of English people do not speak any other language. Ubisoft always includes language options so we can understand the game in our own language. :) I liked AC2 a lot, the tombs frustrated me because I panic and I'm clumsy ;) and if I remember correctly the game has symbols instead of keys... so instead of shift key to go faster it shows an icon of a foot. Instead of the E key to use an item it shows an open hand, and fist icon instead of left mouse button and head icon for something else.... I cannot remember it exactly.... but it made no difference because once you learn the key you do not look at the icons... other than that it's an awesome game.

Everyone else did the tombs perfectly, I'm just not a very good player :)

AC Rogue is interesting because you play as an assassin for part of the game then see it from the other side as a Rogue, and probably takes half the time to play (hard to estimate)

@Lysette88 thanks for that youtube link... I've never seen that before and you are right, he describes FC3 perfectly it is an awesome game and I just completed it again while waiting for watch dogs 2 to be released on pc. Also I will add that FC3 has co-op but you always start from the beginning and see how far you and your co-op partner can go. While FC4 co-op is available to play the whole campaign together, but I completed it solo first but the co-op is brilliant fun.

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 07:45 PM
I just started Far Cry Primal - set in the prehistoric time - 10,000 BC - seems to be a freaking awesome game - has even survival mode and if one wants as well permadeath options. It is just my 2nd day in this game (playing it on survival mode), but it is absolutely awesome and so cheap currently on steam - 27.49€ as APEX-edition including the wenja pack. I like survival games, but to be in an environment, which is so different and so freaking scary at night time, where you have to deal with saber tooth cats and other freaking beasts - that game is a bargain IMO, at least I am enjoying it so far a lot.

Edit: speaking of languages, Far Cry Primal is in wenja - a pseudo-indo-european language - but it has english subtitles. I try to play it without subtitles, so I have to guess what people say, but this makes it even more of an adventure. It feels so alien, even it is on earth, just 12,000 years ago.

In survival mode this game is for certain not a short-lived game. I play with 2nd chance permadeath - which means if I die, I respawn once and it will be permadeath, if I did not advance at least 3% more into the story and die a 2nd time - then it is final and I would be done. So any step I make is vital, really vital, my life depends on it. So it takes me a long time to get around and I have to find shelter before night fall - which is about every 30 minutes in real time. I had a night out without shelter at night time - that was freaking scary and I try to avoid that. But it was an awesome experience, at night time there are more predators out hunting - and guess, what they hunt? - You, you are their prey, you are no longer top of the food chain - an awesome experience.

strigoi1958
11-26-2016, 07:56 PM
Yes it is a very tricky game, especially on survival... I think someone recently completed it with permadeath on.... wow. It's funny when you meet "Hurk" in primal :) this one is as crazy as the previous guy.... or should that be the latter guy as primal is set a long time before FC3 or FC4 :)

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Yes it is a very tricky game, especially on survival... I think someone recently completed it with permadeath on.... wow. It's funny when you meet "Hurk" in primal :) this one is as crazy as the previous guy.... or should that be the latter guy as primal is set a long time before FC3 or FC4 :)

Actually, I read his review on the Far Cry Primal forum about his experience with completing it in survival mode/permadeath - he suggested to at most play it on 2nd chance due to glitches which could end your experience pretty quickly by reasons, which are not your fault. He said, he is not going to do this again, it was too freaking stressful for the reward.

I am not really afraid of that - I played FO4 and all DLCs contents in survival mode and did not die a single time - it is all doable, I am just very careful and try to stay focused and I am not ashamed to run as far as I possibly can, if I am not convinced, that I can win. Heroes are guys, who end up dead, if they are too courageous. I am more the careful type, I am not afraid, but I am as well not stupid, to play the hero, when I deem it too risky.