PDA

View Full Version : Some clarity please Oleg

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Oleg,
Would you mind explaining the order of upcoming releases as far as add-on planes go? I don't want a release date but will the first add-on be free as was originally planned or has that changed? My understanding was that the first add-on and the final version of the patch were to be released together so could you please explain the changes?

Thank-you

XyZspineZyX
09-04-2003, 10:45 PM
Oleg,
Would you mind explaining the order of upcoming releases as far as add-on planes go? I don't want a release date but will the first add-on be free as was originally planned or has that changed? My understanding was that the first add-on and the final version of the patch were to be released together so could you please explain the changes?

Thank-you

XyZspineZyX
09-06-2003, 09:21 AM
I truly thought that a flyable P-51 was to be packaged with the final version of the patch so specifically if you have anything to say about the release of this plane it would be appreciated.

XyZspineZyX
09-07-2003, 12:35 AM
Yes why issue the messed up patch as patch11.exe???????
Or the patch11_full.exe, at

ftp://ftp.ubisoft.com/games/il2sturmovik/patches/

There is nothing to tell you in its name it is for FB once again this could be for the original game or even FB and will cause confusion in both games, DO YOU PEOPLE NOT LISTEN TO WHAT PEOPLE TELL YOU?

Bar the dreadful mess you all have made of this one too and even the responses to it :-

The team is aware, and fixed, the SB takeoff problems, the DB3F having a non-glass nose, and sea planes exploding when landing on a particualar spot on the water map. Mistakenly, the version with these three issues was used for the 1.1 version. This should not have been termed the final 1.1 patch. I apologize for this confusion.

The good news is that these three fixes and the Bf-109K-4 rudder issue will be addressed very soon in a 1.11 patch. We also plan to release the dedicated server patch next week assuming no new problems arise."

Bests,
Matt

Matt "Wags" Wagner
Producer / Ubi Soft Entertainment
IL-2 Forgotten Battles
Lock On: Modern Air Combat

Should that be "Wags"? As it once again seems to be the Tail "wagging" the dog and not the other way round.

Oh and Mat ever heard of a spell checker?