PDA

View Full Version : AC Civil War game

Ninjabean0
11-24-2016, 05:54 AM
Would there be any controversy in a civil war AC game?

D.I.D.
11-24-2016, 09:18 AM
There'll be controversy when you say "The Civil War" as if your country is the only one that exists :P

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_civil_wars

rob1990312
11-25-2016, 04:39 PM
yeah id be up for playing an irish civil war game, what a good idea you have suggested

Lysette88
11-25-2016, 04:47 PM
Well, given how divided the US population currently is, it would not make me wonder, when there would be a new civil war coming, if people are not careful enough and let things escalate. So from my point of view, any game, which could possibly widen the gap should be avoided.

LoyalACFan
11-25-2016, 05:23 PM
Do not want another AC war game. We've been down that road before and I don't like where it went. Especially if we're talking about America. I really don't want to defend Abraham Lincoln from Templar stalkers at the Gettysburg Address.

LeVoyageur07
11-25-2016, 05:43 PM
We don't need another game set in the US.

There are lots of other countries.

rob1990312
11-25-2016, 07:55 PM
yeah id rather not play another hell yeah merica game where the americans are always the good guys and everyone else is evil and has british accents

Lysette88
11-26-2016, 01:39 AM
yeah id rather not play another hell yeah merica game where the americans are always the good guys and everyone else is evil and has british accents

Well, america has 2 continents and the history of it is not just bound to the united states. I could imagine a game which is about spain against the Aztek or Inca empire. I think Ubisoft has shown with Far Cry Primal, that they are able to provide lush and rich environments like they would be required for middle or south america.

Btw there is no british accent - that is actual english - you guys from the US and Canada have american accents.

D.I.D.
11-26-2016, 03:22 AM
yeah id be up for playing an irish civil war game, what a good idea you have suggested

Over an American Civil War game? Absolutely. I'd much rather a civil war game involving a heavily populated city like Dublin than have another set of formative towns and cities and rural battlefields.

Or the War of the Roses, or the deposition of Charles I leading into the Third English Civil War, or the Argentine Civil War, or the Boxer Rebellion, or the Shimabara Rebellion. There are so many more fitting civil wars with more interesting stories to tell.

rob1990312
11-26-2016, 04:23 PM
well if you had one based in dublin around the time of the war of independance and the civil war historically it could work as there was an assassin network in that area at the time. they were guerilla soldiers who walked up to targets and assassinated them in broad day light and had to flee through the city.
the only reason i wouldnt like to see it is that we would get bad racist irish accents don3 by canadians and we have already seen english accents and english villians in the series already, 4 games in a row of english accents now

Megas_Doux
11-26-2016, 05:00 PM
Based on the previous experiences with both Unity and AC III I prefer Ubi to avoid convoluted/specific events in the likes other revolutions/civil wars -AC I being the exception- and instead taking a more open focus for their games story wise. That is, as long the characters/story are engaging and well written.....

ze_topazio
11-26-2016, 07:55 PM
I would dig a game in the Portuguese civil war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberal_Wars

or any of the other events and conflicts that can in a way or another be considered a civil war.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_civil_war

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 12:22 AM
Btw there is no british accent - that is actual english - you guys from the US and Canada have american accents.

.. ^I found this highly triggering for so many reasons.. Let's make a list.
1. Terrible Grammar
2. Canadians do not have American Accent's (Also American Accent's change throughout the country from the stereotypical Redneck to the New Yorker or New Yooork if your from Brooklyn)
3. Britain a.k.a the U.K. is built up of multiple countries (Ireland,Wales,Scotland and England) therefore British Accent's is quite correct as it wasn't just the English in America there were notable entries of Scots and Irish there.
4. Lush and Rich environments.. "hello" have you played any Assassin's Creed Game (after the first one not very dense) ever, AC2 not the most rich of environments but had alot of high detail structures, AC:Brotherhood again High Detail Structures or maybe you forgot that it's set it the Lush and Rich Environment that is Rome.. Assassin's Creed 3 <<< I'ma just leave this here lush and rich Environment anyone???

As for a 'Civil War game it would all depend on whether it was the American Civil War, The Russian Civil War (Damn you Trotsky), The Spanish Civil War or any of the other Thousands of Civil wars that have happened so yeah would probably be quite controversial but hey what's Assassin's creed without some Controversy and some butt hurt people ;)

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 12:45 AM
ireland is not part of britain

Sigma 1313
11-27-2016, 01:27 AM
ireland is not part of britain

North Ireland begs to differ.

Based on the previous experiences with both Unity and AC III I prefer Ubi to avoid convoluted/specific events in the likes other revolutions/civil wars -AC I being the exception- and instead taking a more open focus for their games story wise. That is, as long the characters/story are engaging and well written.....

You listed 2 of 9 games that were mediocre.

Like you said AC1 was great - 1191 - Third Crusade - Mostly Plot driven
AC2 - Great - 1400s - Spanish Inquisition, Reconquista, beginning of Age of Disocvery, feudal wars between Italian States, Venetian Wars with Ottoman Empire - Character Driven
ACB - Great- 1500 -Cesare's Wars, feudal wars between Italian states- Character Driven
ACRev - Good - 1510 - Ottoman Empire in fighting over Sultan, Venetian-Ottoman Wars, Sahkulu Rebellion - Plot Driven
AC3 - Bad - 1700s - French and Indian War, American Revolution - History Driven
AC4 - Great - 1720 - Queen Anne's War, Violent end of Golden Age of Piracy, First Maroon War - Character Driven
ACRog - Good-bad - French and Indian War - Character Driven
ACU - Bad - French Revolution, Napoleonic Wars - Character Driven
ACS - Mediocre - No important background conflict or war - Character Driven?

We had a game that was almost completely driven by plot/history which was AC3 and while it got some solid reviews, it's one of the least liked games in the series.

We had 2 games that were completely character driven - AC4 and ACRo. 4 was praised for the strong character development, but at the same time was criticised for not focusing on assassin v templars. Rogue was loved by non diehards, but still hated by others.

Unity was largely character driven but still hated by the masses.

Syndicate had no real background war or turmoil. It had some **** in India, but nothing of real note.

I think AC2, ACB, AC4 really set the bar for what fans wanted out of an AC story: Strong Character and motivations, with clear change towards the end. However an integral part of the story should be the assassin v templars and PoE story. Furthermore, history and conflict should be present in the game but not forced, and instead be in the background manipulating the game that players will only notice if they truly study into it. You can read more about the history of the games from this timeline I made: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_wz25dQyQRtNH-TlJ_curDXoyXKNkwWuaLXCWfNTy6o

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 03:30 AM
northern ireland is up behind the giant ice wall we dont talk about them

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 11:11 AM
Northern Ireland is part of Britain and if you ask them they will say they are Irish, Ireland is a divide of religion not race. And Sigma you make some very good points but I wouldn't say any of the AC series I have played was bad (not played Unity or Syndicate due to hardware) AC3 annoyed me at the start but I thought it had a not bad story but not the best. AC2 is my long standing favourite AC4 taking a quick second.

LoyalACFan
11-27-2016, 11:36 AM
OK so this is all pretty muddled for me (your friendly neighborhood Yankee) but doesn't "Britain" refer to the actual island itself, not the nation of the United Kingdom? So, Northern Ireland would be part of the UK, but not part of "Britain" since it's on a different landmass? Like Hawaii is part of the US, but not North America?

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Not exactly, Britain or the United Kingdom are the same thing, however Great Britain regards only Scotland, England and Wales (No idea who came up with all this). It is like someone from Texas they are a Texan but they are also an American just like as I'm from Scotland I am both Scottish and British.

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 12:23 PM
OK so this is all pretty muddled for me (your friendly neighborhood Yankee) but doesn't "Britain" refer to the actual island itself, not the nation of the United Kingdom? So, Northern Ireland would be part of the UK, but not part of "Britain" since it's on a different landmass? Like Hawaii is part of the US, but not North America?

It gets confusing because Ireland is in neither the United Kingdom or Britain, but it is in the British Isles. So, geographically it counts among the Isles, but in terms of politics and power it isn't. In a similar way, Ireland will be in the European Union and Europe both in terms of politics and geography, while (assuming Britain actually goes through with Brexit) Britain will not be in the EU but will be in Europe geographically.

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 01:12 PM
It gets confusing because Ireland is in neither the United Kingdom or Britain, but it is in the British Isles. So, geographically it counts among the Isles, but in terms of politics and power it isn't. In a similar way, Ireland will be in the European Union and Europe both in terms of politics and geography, while (assuming Britain actually goes through with Brexit) Britain will not be in the EU but will be in Europe geographically.

D.I.D. The Republic of Ireland or Southern Ireland is not in Britain or the UK but Northern Ireland is. Northern Ireland will not be a member of the EU if Brexit goes ahead.

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 04:27 PM
D.I.D. The Republic of Ireland or Southern Ireland is not in Britain or the UK but Northern Ireland is. Northern Ireland will not be a member of the EU if Brexit goes ahead.

Kurt, I said "British Isles". The British Isles are a geographic area which includes both parts of Ireland. When someone says "Ireland", that normally means the country of Ireland which is the ROI. Northern Ireland is a separate country of its own, and is also a province of the UK.

You're right that I should have said "UK" instead of "Britain" when talking about post-Brexit; that was unclear.

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 04:59 PM
AC3 - Bad ...

ACS - Mediocre - ...

Syndicate had no real background war or turmoil. It had some **** in India, but nothing of real note.

Speak for yourself. Those two games are my top two of the ac games I prefer. ^-^

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 05:00 PM
rep ireland not part of britain and not in the british isles its in the emerald isle
that is like saying canada is not part of the usa but is in the usa isle, so your wrong DID
n ireland england wales scotland all in the uk
britain refers to all places under brithish rule or the common wealth which i think includes all of the uk parts of spain australia argentina and possibly more bt im not sure

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 05:03 PM

Just like the Groanland is part of Danemark, but not on the same continent. ^-^

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 05:08 PM
its not like either of them
n ireland is part of britain end of story

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 05:08 PM
rep ireland not part of britain and not in the british isles its in the emerald isle
that is like saying canada is not part of the usa but is in the usa isle, so your wrong DID
n ireland england wales scotland all in the uk
britain refers to all places under brithish rule or the common wealth which i think includes all of the uk parts of spain australia argentina and possibly more bt im not sure

"The Emerald Isle" is a colloquialism for Ireland. It's not an official place.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

The British Isles are a group of islands (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archipelago) off the north-western coast of continental Europe (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Continental_Europe) that consist of the islands of Great Britain (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain), Ireland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ireland) and over six thousand smaller isles.

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 05:12 PM
where did u get that wikipedia nobody
describes rep of ireland or any of its dominion as the british isles just because you read it on the internet doesnt make it true you are clutching at straws to prove you were right when you were wrong

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 05:14 PM
Britain will not be in the EU but will be in Europe geographically.

What you said remind me of what Shaun said in this video from 7 : 58 to 8 : 22. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Gw9PfzHoZI

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 05:16 PM
where did u get that wikipedia nobody
describes rep of ireland or any of its dominion as the british isles just because you read it on the internet doesnt make it true you are clutching at straws to prove you were right when you were wrong

It's not about dominion, Rob. It's about geography.

Ireland isn't in Britain. It isn't in the UK. In terms of political power, it has nothing to do with Britain. But, like it or not, geographically it is in the British Isles, which are the rocks of the entire archipelago.

I didn't "read this on the internet", I know it to be true. The only way I can prove it to you over the internet is with internet links to internet sites. If I could link you to a damn bookshelf, I would.

Lest we forget, you're the one who just tried to tell me that "the Emerald Isle" was a real location.

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 05:22 PM
that is like saying canada is not part of the usa but is in the usa isle

Actually, Canada is not part of the usa, but we're not on that usa isle that you're talking about. We, in Canada, aren't on "the usa isle". We are on north America. ^-^

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 05:23 PM
Actually, Canada is not part of the usa, but we're not on that usa isle that you're talking about. We, in Canada, aren't on "the usa isle". We are on north America. ^-^

Yeah I didn't even want to complicate things by unpacking that part of the word salad :-/

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 05:28 PM
the emarald isle is another name for the rep of ireland and all it legal dominion so it is a physical place if u were from this area or britain you would know this but ur obviously from somewhere that knows better than the british and irish themselves, it must be a great place
as for a geographical area at one stage it was all know as the british isles it can no longer be described as that its an out dated description that no one uses only the ignorant and over 4 million people will disagree with you

thank you for repeating the obvious erika what i said was an example of how ireland was not part of britain or its isles
if u read my posts correctly u would have seen that i know canada isnt part of usa or its ilses

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 05:38 PM
the emarald isle is another name for the rep of ireland and all it legal dominion so it is a physical place if u were from this area or britain you would know this but ur obviously from somewhere that knows better than the british and irish themselves, it must be a great place
as for a geographical area at one stage it was all know as the british isles it can no longer be described as that its an out dated description that no one uses only the ignorant and over 4 million people will disagree with you

I am. I thought it would be obvious from my overbearing and supercilious tone, but since I have to spell it out: I am English. And I've lived in Canada, if I need the qualification to call you on the other nonsense.

You seem to be having trouble with the word "colloquialism" as well, so I'll simplify that too. It's slang. It's a poetic descriptor, which you used as a challenge to which official terms were right or wrong to use.

The British Isles is the only term in use. There is no other name. Take it up with geographers. You need a different term, and the closest anyone has got was a proposal for the "North Atlantic Islands", which doesn't make perfect sense either (what's Iceland or Greenland then?).

You want some Irish sources on this? Here you go:
http://www.thejournal.ie/is-ireland-british-isles-northern-ireland-europe-islands-1140112-Oct2013/

http://irishpost.co.uk/difference-uk-britain-british-isles-north-south-ireland-explained/

thank you for repeating the obvious erika what i said was an example of how ireland was not part of britain or its isles
if u read my posts correctly u would have seen that i know canada isnt part of usa or its ilses

It's a continent (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_wept) :'(

PS And so we don't get into tennis on this too - there is no possessive here for "its" as relates Canada to the USA. The continent is North America, which includes Canada, the USA, and Mexico, and then a bunch of other extended territories. They're not isles.

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 05:50 PM
well then geographers are the only ones who use that term and no one uses that term
if you were abroad you wouldnt say your from the british isles you would say england
i am well aware of what colloquism means and the emarald isle is slang for the rep of ireland so it is a real place
its an out dated term the british isles which by the looks of thing will probably be just england and wales in the near future
you can post as many links as you want but if you come to ireland and ask if there part of the british isles you will get a definite answer i

u obviously dont understand sarcasim or using absurdity to get a point across
i know that all that about america and canada i us3d that example to show how silly ur argument is

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 05:52 PM
erika

Man, you could at least say one of the 3 names that are in ERICATHERINE correctly. You wanted to write that one, fine, but you should write it with a "c", not a "k". I mean, come on, there is not a single "k" in ERICATHERINE and the profil name is just above. I hope you don't find it condescending, because it's not supposed to be. It's just that where I live it's not polite to mispell a name, may it be by talking or by writing. :-\

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 05:58 PM
well then geographers are the only ones who use that term and no one uses that term
if you were abroad you wouldnt say your from the british isles you would say england
i am well aware of what colloquism means and the emarald isle is slang for the rep of ireland so it is a real place
its an out dated term the british isles which by the looks of thing will probably be just england and wales in the near future
you can post as many links as you want but if you come to ireland and ask if there part of the british isles you will get a definite answer i

You said it's not in the British Isles and claimed it's in the Emerald Isle instead. Don't backpedal now.

I know it's not nice, after all the history of the Westminster parliament attempting to crush and control Ireland, to hear the term "British Isles", but that's what we've got. It's not outdated, because it's still in use. Tell me what the archipelago north of the English Channel, east of the Atlantic, south of the Norwegian Sea and west of the North Sea is called, then. You can't. Because it's the British Isles.

You can't even spell "emerald". You think Canada is an "isle" of the USA. The fact that you called it one of the USA's "isles" is telling. I'd be willing to bet money that you think its landmass floats off the northern coast of the States and has to be reached by air or boat only. Do you think it's possible you've got this all wrong from beginning to end?

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 06:03 PM

I know many people who call it north America. Here in Quebec Canada, when they talk about it on tv, may it be for the news or any other programs, that I watch, they always say "north America", not usa isle and even if I can't know for the two other country D.I.D. named, I'm pretty sure at least the Mexican don't call it "usa isle" neither. ^-^

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 06:09 PM
I know many people who call it north America. Here in Quebec Canada, when they talk about it on tv, may it be for the news or any other programs, that I watch, they always say "north America", not usa isle and even if I can't know for the two other country D.I.D. named, I'm pretty sure at least the Mexican don't call it "usa isle" neither. ^-^

This is how civil wars get started tbh

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 06:10 PM
i am not going to argue with u any more u numpty
i know canada isnt part of the usa or floating out at sea
i never said that u just cant seem to understand or comprehend what im saying after ive explained more than once and are clutching at straws again trying to insult me
again rep of ireland = emerald isle= potato land watever u want to call it it exists
im so exited to see another post about how i dont understand n america or how the emerald isle doesnt exist for the 3rd time

erica i am not talking about north america being an out dated term stop trying to get involved unless you get it right

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 06:16 PM
"Isle" means "island". Words have meanings. You can't argue against a concrete term and say "No, it's not A, it's B" and then try and reframe B as an abstract concept after you're called out on it.

And dear God, the irony of you having kittens about the term "British Isles" in one breath and then lumping Canada into the States with the next.

But yes, there's not much point in having an argument you can't understand, so w/e

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 06:19 PM
This is how civil wars get started tbh

Right. I practically forgot about the threads purpose. Back to the point.

Do anyone know if there as ever been a civil war in Canada? My history class seems so far away, right now, not to mention all those years I passed hearing about the ww2 without hearing about what the Canada did back then, as long as I don't ask.

erica i am not talking about north america being an out dated term stop trying to get involved unless you get it right

Didn't you just said you wouldn't argue with us anymore?:confused:

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Right. I practically forgot about the threads purpose. Back to the point. Do anyone know if there as ever been a civil war in Canada? My history class seems so far away, right now, not to mention all those years I passed hearing about the ww2 without hearing about what the Canada did back then, as long as I don't ask."Civil war" is a disputed term, although any organised fighting between a cohesive social group and either another group or the state could count as a civil war. In that sense, some of the attempts to break Quebec from the Canadian nation might count - in particular, the uprisings in 1837 (technically Upper and Lower Canada at the time, I guess).[edit] Just Googled and found more - seems like all of the first regions settled by white people went through a lot of in-fighting. Here's a major figure, if you wanted someone to centre a story around: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Riel

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 06:26 PM
erica im not arguing with you u just seem to getting involved attacking me for the sake of it and not actually adding to the argument

and guys for future reference dont be quoting wikipedia
its not accurate and if you were in school or college you couldnt use it and for good reason
im not saying that to take away from anyones argument im just saying that using wikipedia for facts is bad practice and its only yourself that will suffer

D.I.D.
11-27-2016, 06:49 PM
and guys for future reference dont be quoting wikipedia
its not accurate and if you were in school or college you couldnt use it and for good reason
im not saying that to take away from anyones argument im just saying that using wikipedia for facts is bad practice and its only yourself that will suffer

lol thanks professor

It's fine, really. The days of major meddling with Wikipedia and the fake results staying up for days/weeks are mostly over. For conversational purposes, especially basic historical facts, it's pretty good. With controversial topics there's still the issue of editor influence. For the argument we were having, Wikipedia would be among the more authoritative things you could pull out of Google now.

You'd be daft to use it in an academic essay because you'd look cheap and lazy, and they'd rightly fail you, but the same would be true of using the Encyclopaedia Brittanica - it wouldn't be acceptable to do that and call it a day.

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 07:00 PM
you took all of your respones and answers from google and the first results at that your hardly one to be condecending
its not fine its a very narrow view and you dont know if the person who wrote is respected in their field or not. im not using this for our argument but in general
having studied history in college and having to do research you will never get the same type of info from wiki as you would book
wikipedia is like a summary at a back of a book

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 07:35 PM
"Civil war" is a disputed term, although any organised fighting between a cohesive social group and either another group or the state could count as a civil war. In that sense, some of the attempts to break Quebec from the Canadian nation might count - in particular, the uprisings in 1837 (technically Upper and Lower Canada at the time, I guess).

An, good. That means my country could be in an ac game if there would ever be an ac game about a civil war, even if my guess is that ubisoft would perfer to do another country, with so many choices.

I must say that have an ac game about a civil war already set in my mind, thanks to what you said. Separating the Quebec from Canada is in big part about the politic (at least, where I live and in my days). So, the Templars could try to make one side win for one of their plan to succed and the Assassins would, as usual, try to stop them.

As for the md, I remember reading in the syndicate's database the Violet Da Costa is a canadien. So, the usual "rule" of the md being set in the same country as the past days (ex. Ac ii (if I'm correct), b, iii, maybe unity (after all, we still don't know from where did Bishop communicated with us) and syndicate) could apply, for that reason. Violet could be visiting her parents, after having took a vacation. Then, Shaun and Rebecca arrive to kill her. Violet would then flee and with her having to do so the quickest way possible, she didn't have the time needed to take her things. Then, while Shaun and Rebecca inspect her things, they discover that she was able to be on vacation, only for a day. She then had to try to do something the Templars, more precisely, one of her ancester, have already tried in the past, separate the Quebec from the Canada. Her mission : make security system for the government, which would give information to the Templars and which would be used against them, to make them lose more than enough votres for a government wanting to separate, to be elected.

The new government had made a deal with the Templars. They have a piece of eden in their possetion and if the Templars make them win the next election of Quebec, they would be giving it to them. The piece of eden is the Koh-i-noor, which the Templars habeen searching years. This could make the balance moving in the faction that obtain and so, is the reason why the Templars want to give it another try. shaun and Rebecca immediately inform William Miles which then make some of the best Assassins available, come to Quebec. Some will focuse on stoping the Templars, while others will try to find in the helix, the memories of the ancester of Violet that met the last possessor of the Koh-i-noor. That, would be the first game, about that md story.

The second game could finnish that md story, by making the past day be the one of an Assassin that fought Violet's Templar ancester and killed him, which would kill the Templars allies we got in the first of the 2 games.

The second Assassins team, after having found that member of the government that met Violet's Ancester, in the first game which didn't know about the Koh-i-noor which was stolen from his family long ago, have been continuing to incestigate and breaking the surveillance system, in the other governments houses and offices.

The Assassins team now have to search for that thievewho stole the Koh-i-noor. That person happenned to have delivered it to another member of the same government, who then, in the past days, disapeared after thieve and the Assassin falled from the top of a building to then be bumped by a car/other vehicle. Which have puted the Assassininto a coma from which he died (yes, I know we can't dye because of a coma, it's just that he died while being in that same coma).

Then the 2 team of Assassins do a meeting and the the chief of the 2 team togeter, go capture the descendant of that member of the government, which now have the Koh-i-noor, bring it to a secret place and interogate him/her to know where did he hide the Koh-i-noor. The Assassins go get it, which let us on what I think could be a cliffhanger about "what will the Assassins do with that piece of eden?". ^-^

erica im not arguing with you u just seem to getting involved attacking me for the sake of it and not actually adding to the argument

Don't worry, I'm not attackin you. I'm just correcting you, like I do with everyone, when they say something I think isn't true. ^-^

Lysette88
11-27-2016, 07:41 PM
.. ^I found this highly triggering for so many reasons.. Let's make a list.
1. Terrible Grammar
2. Canadians do not have American Accent's (Also American Accent's change throughout the country from the stereotypical Redneck to the New Yorker or New Yooork if your from Brooklyn)
3. Britain a.k.a the U.K. is built up of multiple countries (Ireland,Wales,Scotland and England) therefore British Accent's is quite correct as it wasn't just the English in America there were notable entries of Scots and Irish there.
4. Lush and Rich environments.. "hello" have you played any Assassin's Creed Game (after the first one not very dense) ever, AC2 not the most rich of environments but had alot of high detail structures, AC:Brotherhood again High Detail Structures or maybe you forgot that it's set it the Lush and Rich Environment that is Rome.. Assassin's Creed 3 <<< I'ma just leave this here lush and rich Environment anyone???

As for a 'Civil War game it would all depend on whether it was the American Civil War, The Russian Civil War (Damn you Trotsky), The Spanish Civil War or any of the other Thousands of Civil wars that have happened so yeah would probably be quite controversial but hey what's Assassin's creed without some Controversy and some butt hurt people ;)

Well, lush and rich environments was related to Far Cry Primal - which is an Ubisoft game as well and there Ubisoft showed their ability to create these kind of environments. If you reread, what I said, you will find that I said, that Ubisoft would totally be capable to create a lush and rich environment, how it would be required for an AC game which would be set in middle or south america - and they showed this in Far Cry Primal - which is a freaking awesome game.

The english language has a lot of local flavors, just like German for example. But all these people do not have an accent, they speak actual english in their local flavor. Whereas american english does neither sound like english nor would it be english, it is a distorted version of it with different accents and pronunciations - just think of words like aunt, battery and such - pronounced in the american way these words distort the meaning - aunt sounds like ant, battery does not sound like the item you have in your smart phone but the weaponry used by an artillery unit - that is not english. And there are many other examples which are just a distorted form of english on top of local flavors, which you have in america as well of course. I prefer english pronounced in an english way and with the proper meaning, which can be derived from the correct pronunciation, where an aunt is a relative and not an insect.

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 07:48 PM
yeah but you didnt say anything correct erica

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 08:20 PM
yeah but you didnt say anything correct erica

Here is everything I said to correct you.

I corrected what you said with that and even if you didn't mean it, it still isn't right.

Man, you could at least say one of the 3 names that are in ERICATHERINE correctly. You wanted to write that one, fine, but you should write it with a "c", not a "k". I mean, come on, there is not a single "k" in ERICATHERINE and the profil name is just above. I hope you don't find it condescending, because it's not supposed to be. It's just that where I live it's not polite to mispell a name, may it be by talking or by writing. :-\

This is something anyone in Quebec could have said for their names, so, it's not attacking.

This was my error, I admit it. Also, as you had the chance to see I wasn't angry by you, correcting me. In fact, I would not mind, as long as it's not about writing other things than people's name badly, since it was what we did during an oral exam, in school. It was even highly recommended to do so and doing it gave us points in the exam. I still do it today, may it be on this forum (I even corrected Sixkey at least one time), in other class in school, when I had to go there (I even corrected one of my english class teacher with the word "mom", which she thought wasn't an english word and so, gave me an error in my text, which was in fact HER error (and man did it felt good)) or in my every day (I regularly correct my grandmother and she don't mind it).

Didn't you just said you wouldn't argue with us anymore?:confused:

This wasn't me attacking you or correcting. It was just me trying, just like D.I.D. did, before, to return everyone to the real goal of this thread. ^-^

Sigma 1313
11-27-2016, 08:36 PM
Speak for yourself. Those two games are my top two of the ac games I prefer. ^-^

I was really just talking about how the community received the games, obviously people love 3, Unity, Rogue, and Syndicate, but all 4 of those games were the worst received games in the franchise:
Highest scores from Metacritic in each game:
AC1 - 81
AC2 - 91
ACB - 90
ACRev - 80
AC3 - 85
AC4 - 88
ACRo - 74
ACU - 72
ACS - 78

Rogue, Unity, and Syndicate are the only main games in the series that have the highest scores under 80, and are rated entirely under 80. Assassin's Creed 3 is also widely disliked among the community, largely for it's poor storytelling (dragging connor to every major event), poor characterization of a character that could be good (and poor Voice Actor), poor introduction of Daniel Cross in the games, and poor handling of the death of Desmond. Furthermore, when I said they were bad or mediocre, I was just talking about fan reactions and reviews. Obviously no main Assassin's Creed game is truly a bad game, regardless of the problems (this doesn't mean they're not bad Assassin's Creed games, but it mean's they're not ET).

ze_topazio
11-27-2016, 08:43 PM
What in Zeus name are you people discussing?! three pages of this madness?! :nonchalance:

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 09:01 PM
it's poor storytelling (dragging connor to every major event), poor characterization of a character that could be good (and poor Voice Actor), poor introduction of Daniel Cross in the games, and poor handling of the death of Desmond.

I adored all that. I liked the storytelling. Connor is the character which I prefer over every other with Desmond as a close 2nd. His french voice is great (I never played ac iii in english, only french). For me, Daniel cross's introdjction is almost "as bad" as the one of Vieri de Pazzi in ac 2. They both got a couple cutscenes and then, were killed. Of course, I liked both. From my point of view, Desmond was, in ac iii, at his best. Sure, it's too bad that Desmond won't be in ac anymore (without count the remake), but for me, in ac iii, he was the best he could be. ^-^

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 10:41 PM
The english language has a lot of local flavors, just like German for example. But all these people do not have an accent, they speak actual english in their local flavor. Whereas american english does neither sound like english nor would it be english, it is a distorted version of it with different accents and pronunciations - just think of words like aunt, battery and such - pronounced in the american way these words distort the meaning - aunt sounds like ant, battery does not sound like the item you have in your smart phone but the weaponry used by an artillery unit - that is not english. And there are many other examples which are just a distorted form of english on top of local flavors, which you have in america as well of course. I prefer english pronounced in an english way and with the proper meaning, which can be derived from the correct pronunciation, where an aunt is a relative and not an insect.

Wow did you just say people who speak the English language don't have different accents, in England alone there are at least a dozen different accents I am personally familiar with, I live in Scotland, My partners Mother has an Aberdonian accent, her mothers partner has a Broch accent mine is rather neutral however as I kinda lost my accent by imitating other accents and characters from movies when I was younger (Stitch being my personal favourite) and my partner has quite a neutral aberdonian accent so to say people who speak English or who are from Britain do not have accents is a ridiculous statement. I'm sure my Irish friends would have a field day ripping you to pieces for saying that they who speak English and are British speak like everyone else as they are proud of their accent and the heritage behind it.
A flavour of language (it's spelt Flavour here in Britain sorry American's also Colour, sorry had to say it) refers to local varieties of Slang like 'Fit Like' a phrase typically only heard in Northern parts of Scotland, it's still English just a local flavour.

Finally 'An Aunt is a relative not an insect' .. Aunt is pronounced the same as Ant to pronounce it any way other than this would not be British English or an English Way as you like to put it.#TriggeredToANewExtreme

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 10:55 PM
yeah we speak english in ireland just not always in the correct order😊
as for pronounciation it varies from area to area like it does in diff parts of england scotland and wales
i am aware here in ireland we dont speak what some in england might call proper english but if i was to start telling people that i fear id be put on a raft and pushed out to sea
to add towards the thread
i think the games will probably not go to a country that your average northern american couldnt find on a map
i could be pessimistic but i think we wont ever get a location again that isnt a major tourist destination so i think more games in the british isles and the republic of ireland arw out of luck
canada possibly but slim id say
sadly i think american civil war has a better chance than any other civil war of being made

Kurtf2011
11-27-2016, 10:59 PM
See what I love how some guy asked for opinions on what people though of an AC Civil War game and how it went from everyone talking about that to WW3 in less than a day good job guys I'm proud of you all.

D.I.D. I saw your response by the way I didn't ignore it I think we can agree we were both partially in error or that one You are quite right that most people when asked about Ireland would presume it to be the ROI.

Rob... The ROI is not part of Britain in any sense they were at one point but no longer they are not a member of the commonwealth, as for Spain that would be Gibraltar which is currently in the news alot as Spain believes that as Britain is leaving the EU that they should have that territory returned to them as it was originally theirs but we told them to go suck a Churro because we are neighbourly like that ;) Also D.I.D. is quite correct the Emerald Isle is not an official name for Ireland it is commonly called that because of the lush green grass that covers most of the natural landscape, the name first took after a Poet had it in one of the Stanza's(A good guy from what I remember of the story about him his will insisted that his coffin be carried be equal parties of Protestant and Catholics, maybe if we all took a leaf from his book we would have world peace)

Rob speaking 'Proper English' is going the same way as speaking Latin 'Descendit in exhauriunt' (Please note I haven't done Latin in a few years so that may have bad grammar)

rob1990312
11-27-2016, 11:14 PM
look im from rep of ireland i know emerald isle isnt official title but it is another name for the coyntry that irish people will associste with so please people stop telling me the google definition

a yeah wwhen i said proper english i should have said that there really is no proper english anymore but only a ukios dream of one haha

Locopells
11-28-2016, 01:47 AM
Wha...?

That was some derailment, people. Glad to see we're more or less back on track now...

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

cawatrooper9
11-28-2016, 04:59 PM
Wha...?

That was some derailment, people. Glad to see we're more or less back on track now...

One might even say these forums had a...

:cool:

Civil War.

But seriously, as someone who has read a ton about this period and has visited multiple battlefields, and generally just loves the American Civil War- I don't know if it's a good idea to set a game in it. That's not to say that it couldn't be well done, but I think there's this big issue of the simple scope of the war. You have the campaigns with the Army of Virginia (which is interesting stuff) but even they go all over the place in the east (up to Gettsyburg, even) while the actual fighting extends very far west and south.

If they were to want to do a Civil War game, I'd almost prefer the setting to be something like Vicksburg during the siege, and maybe throw in some Savannah/Atlanta (with Sherman). I also wouldn't mind an opening with John Brown (rather than Fort Sumpter).