PDA

View Full Version : AC Syndicate Infinate loop!

hotrodimus83
11-24-2016, 02:01 AM
i was playing the charles darwin mission defimation, and i got all the way to the train tracks where i chased the NPC, but the train hit them and caused the game to restart from the last checkpoint. when the game loads back in, it's after the NPC has been hit by the train and i cannot pause to restart the mission.

i sent a request to ubi and all i got was basically, "we don't know how to fix this, it's been sent to the dev team. sorry we can't help"

i know the easy fix is to just start over again with a new game, but i am so far in(lvl 8 on sequence 5), i don't wanna have to do it all over again!

strigoi1958
11-24-2016, 02:31 AM
I've never come across that one before it must be rare...
This is not any help but I save my save files to local on my pc and once or twice a week I make a back up copy, (sometimes once a day). One of the moderators on here made a tool that saved a copy but I'm not sure where it is.

Unfortunately all saved games are linked to individual accounts and will not work on any other so, it may well be a restart sorry :(

Lysette88
11-24-2016, 02:41 AM
I have started a new game about where you are at - sequence 5 and level 8 - because I felt overpowered by having done too many fights in fight clubs, which gave me an enormous amount of skill points and money, so that I had nothing to progress in anymore. It does not really take a lot of time to get back to this state in your second playthrough, you know so much of the game already, that you will be there quickly again. Eventually you might even have more fun with the storyline missions, if you are not level 8 at that time, when you are playing sequence 5+, it's less of a cakewalk then and you might enjoy it more. Give it a try, I am pretty happy with my decision not to have completed it whilst being overpowered.

hotrodimus83
11-24-2016, 01:00 PM
honestly, i normally backup my saves,idk why i haven't with syndicate. but i will now! lol. my lvl was not from fight club, but from opening up the city to Rook control, i have all areas but one completely under my control but that might be a good idea, to not be such a high level for a bit more of a challenge.

Lysette88
11-24-2016, 03:36 PM
Yes, it was not different to me as well - fight clubs gave me so much money, that I could flesh out the gang very early in the game and the amount of skill points gained from fighting in clubs made me too powerful, at least I felt like nothing can really do anything to me. I am not the type who would run around with a bunch of Rooks around, but I found them quite helpful due to their presence pretty much everywhere. Most of the missions required to free a borough for example found by themselves the support of nearby Rooks, I did not have to specifically hire them, they got involved as soon as I used halocynogenic darts. This seemed to set the aggro trigger in my Rooks, once I poisoned enemies with it, and so they stepped in without that I would have had to recruit them.