PDA

View Full Version : ALL INSIDE THIS IS IMPORTANT AND COULD BE TO YOUR BENEFIT

Taylortony
06-15-2004, 12:05 PM
We recieved this at work, so I am spreading the word.Its UK based BTW.... but remember The Spitfire Ace Programme where they gave a few people with Pilots Licences a shot at Flying the Spitfire.... Well READ ON

"The makers of the acclaimed series ‚ėSpitfire Ace‚' are now making a major series for Channel 4 on the airmen of bomber Command in World War II. The series will chart the course of allied bombers throughout the war, featuring the aircraft, the tactics, the training and the history, but most of all the people who were actually involved.

This series will rely on the contribution of veterans from bomber command, and will very much be a salute to them and their war. As well as the aircrews, we hope to hear from the ground crews and the WAAF‚'s and others who worked in any capacity with Bomber command. We would also like to put some younger volunteers through elements of training that airmen undertook to help explain to the viewers what it meant to be a member of a Bomber crew. We are particular keen to hear from any grandchildren of Bomber command airmen who would like to know more about what their grandfathers went through and experienced during World War II. If people have no relation to bomber crew but they are aged between 17 and 25 (flexible), hold a private pilot's license and are interested in learning more about Bomber Command in World War II then we would love to hear from them as well.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this email; I do hope that this might be of some interest to your members. If any of our successful applicants have heard about us through your website/ email we will be sure to keep you updated for interest and future follow up stories. I feel that this is a really exciting project and hope to find some enthusiastic grandchildren and pilots to take part."

Contact Info if you qualify is on the Poster they provided, i have uploaded it for you to read, please dont spam them if you don't qualify...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/IL2_Skins/Guest/Bombers_poster.doc

Taylortony
06-15-2004, 12:05 PM
We recieved this at work, so I am spreading the word.Its UK based BTW.... but remember The Spitfire Ace Programme where they gave a few people with Pilots Licences a shot at Flying the Spitfire.... Well READ ON

"The makers of the acclaimed series ‚ėSpitfire Ace‚' are now making a major series for Channel 4 on the airmen of bomber Command in World War II. The series will chart the course of allied bombers throughout the war, featuring the aircraft, the tactics, the training and the history, but most of all the people who were actually involved.

This series will rely on the contribution of veterans from bomber command, and will very much be a salute to them and their war. As well as the aircrews, we hope to hear from the ground crews and the WAAF‚'s and others who worked in any capacity with Bomber command. We would also like to put some younger volunteers through elements of training that airmen undertook to help explain to the viewers what it meant to be a member of a Bomber crew. We are particular keen to hear from any grandchildren of Bomber command airmen who would like to know more about what their grandfathers went through and experienced during World War II. If people have no relation to bomber crew but they are aged between 17 and 25 (flexible), hold a private pilot's license and are interested in learning more about Bomber Command in World War II then we would love to hear from them as well.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this email; I do hope that this might be of some interest to your members. If any of our successful applicants have heard about us through your website/ email we will be sure to keep you updated for interest and future follow up stories. I feel that this is a really exciting project and hope to find some enthusiastic grandchildren and pilots to take part."

Contact Info if you qualify is on the Poster they provided, i have uploaded it for you to read, please dont spam them if you don't qualify...

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/IL2_Skins/Guest/Bombers_poster.doc

Fox_4
06-15-2004, 12:27 PM
It's a pity this didn't happen a few months ago... my grandfather would certainly have been interested. He was a navigator in the Pathfinders and flew 72 missions. He gave a talk a year or two ago about his experiences, and he was always telling us his war stories. Sadly he passed away recently http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif.

Greenwidth
06-15-2004, 01:13 PM
Wow! That's cool!
Both of my Grandfathers were involved with aircraft in WWII, one was ground crew for Spits, and the other a B17 pilot (Canadian).
Often he took a box of cigars and a bottle of whiskey. He smoked the cigars, and the whiskey (worryingly) was for the navigator.....
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://members.lycos.co.uk/greenwidth/Greenwidth.jpg