PDA

View Full Version : Why are Muskets so few in Assassin's Creed: Rogue?

anurag336
11-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Why Muskets are so few in Assassin's Creed rogue compared to AC 3? In AC 3 when Heytham reaches Boston in mid 1750s then British soldiers are seen mostly with Muskets, but Assassin's Creed Rogue which also happens in late 1750s there how ever except snipers(were there even snipers then considering extremely low accuracy of Muskets) no one has Muskets. Would not be having more Musket armed soldiers in that game would make that game more enjoyable and more consistent?

cawatrooper9
11-23-2016, 06:41 PM
Rogue did a lot of things differently than 3- look at how different even the map of NYC is.

I'd wager that either the muskets were poorly received (which they were), or Ubisoft got kind of lazy and just used the more "Black Flag" style model of fewer muskets (seems likely).

Fatal-Feit
11-23-2016, 09:34 PM
Rogue was a rushed title that was building on BF's gameplay assets, which, despite using the same engine, is pretty different from AC3. My guess is that authenticity would have taken too much development time for not enough pay-off, because they would have to think about balancing more muskets into Black Flag's gameplay.

ERICATHERINE
11-23-2016, 09:42 PM
Rogue did a lot of things differently than 3- look at how different even the map of NYC is.

I'd wager that either the muskets were poorly received (which they were), or Ubisoft got kind of lazy and just used the more "Black Flag" style model of fewer muskets (seems likely).

Hey, cawatrooper. You should update your location. Right now, I'm in a bathtub with Caterina Sforza and you're no where to be seen. :rolleyes: :p

joshoolhorst
11-23-2016, 10:20 PM

A bathtub with Caterina Sforza... Oh my hoppity boppity ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What I find weird is that New York looks so different in Rogue I understand Ubisoft wanted the game t appeal to the old and new gamers to give them something fresh with the looks of the city but the design feels more like a contradiction like in AC2 the buildings in Rome look way different in Brotherhood

ERICATHERINE
11-24-2016, 03:21 AM
A bathtub with Caterina Sforza... Oh my hoppity boppity ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

What I find weird is that New York looks so different in Rogue I understand Ubisoft wanted the game t appeal to the old and new gamers to give them something fresh with the looks of the city but the design feels more like a contradiction like in AC2 the buildings in Rome look way different in Brotherhood

About New York, it's a bit normal, but not because they wanted the city to look fresh, or at least, not only for that. The New York of rogue is from another part of the timeline than the one of ac iii. Between the two games story, there was the great fire of New York. That the biggest reason of why it changed so much.

I'm a bit surprised nobody mentionned it yet, actually. ^-^