PDA

View Full Version : What does happen in the MD besides Abstergo?

joshoolhorst
11-23-2016, 10:39 AM
Look I know my share of Modern Day lore but what does happen besides Abstergo? do the Assassin's go to country's and fight in revolutions there. Look this is not one of those questions I don't know anything but I was just wondering because I don't read the comics. So is there more than Abstergo and Juno?

Sorrosyss
11-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Difficult question to answer. In the year 2000, the Assassins were near destroyed by what was called 'The Great Purge'. In short, the Templars brainwashed an agent (Daniel Cross) to infiltrate the Brotherhood and eliminate the existing Mentor. He then revealed just about all of the Assassin base locations to the Templars, wiping out a great deal of the Brotherhood. From that point, the Assassins have retreated to the shadows, and operate in cells for the most part.

William Miles and other Assassins rediscovered the existence of Pieces of Eden thanks to the Animus, and the capture of his son Desmond. From that point, the Assassins have been essentially using the same technology to counter the Templars, and track down any Pieces before Abstergo can. In the past few years, stopping the Phoenix Project has become a major focus for the Brotherhood, but any efforts on a global scale have been hampered thanks to the public image that Abstergo has portrayed of them within their entertainment projects. Many believe them to just be a fictional entity now, which really plays against them and garnering public support.

In short, the Assassins are reeling as they are outgunned, living on the run, and at a major resource disadvantage to the Templars. It is not the first time that they've been in this situation within history, but they desperately need a win to turn the tides somewhat. The comics are very much covering the current fight, so if you want to see it in more detail I can only suggest to pick them up - to a lesser extent, the Last Descendants and Heresy novels too.

joshoolhorst
11-23-2016, 04:40 PM
Difficult question to answer. In the year 2000, the Assassins were near destroyed by what was called 'The Great Purge'. In short, the Templars brainwashed an agent (Daniel Cross) to infiltrate the Brotherhood and eliminate the existing Mentor. He then revealed just about all of the Assassin base locations to the Templars, wiping out a great deal of the Brotherhood. From that point, the Assassins have retreated to the shadows, and operate in cells for the most part.

William Miles and other Assassins rediscovered the existence of Pieces of Eden thanks to the Animus, and the capture of his son Desmond. From that point, the Assassins have been essentially using the same technology to counter the Templars, and track down any Pieces before Abstergo can. In the past few years, stopping the Phoenix Project has become a major focus for the Brotherhood, but any efforts on a global scale have been hampered thanks to the public image that Abstergo has portrayed of them within their entertainment projects. Many believe them to just be a fictional entity now, which really plays against them and garnering public support.

In short, the Assassins are reeling as they are outgunned, living on the run, and at a major resource disadvantage to the Templars. It is not the first time that they've been in this situation within history, but they desperately need a win to turn the tides somewhat. The comics are very much covering the current fight, so if you want to see it in more detail I can only suggest to pick them up - to a lesser extent, the Last Descendants and Heresy novels too.

I wasn't that clear LOL oké about the purge I know and Daniels story it is really dissapointing in AC3 how they handle him.
How did they ''rediscovered'' the Pieces of Eden they knew about it right or do you mean the ones that were hidden?
The rest I know about the MD lore and I have almost all AC books and finished The Last Descendants and started just with Heresy.
Your comment is handy for newcomers though.
I just wanted to know if there was more out there than Abstergo and Juno just to be sure... I guess nothing interesting besides that happens kinda dissapointing but ah well I enjoy it wish there was more.

ERICATHERINE
11-23-2016, 06:57 PM
I wasn't that clear LOL oké about the purge I know and Daniels story it is really dissapointing in AC3 how they handle him.
How did they ''rediscovered'' the Pieces of Eden they knew about it right or do you mean the ones that were hidden?
The rest I know about the MD lore and I have almost all AC books and finished The Last Descendants and started just with Heresy.
Your comment is handy for newcomers though.
I just wanted to know if there was more out there than Abstergo and Juno just to be sure... I guess nothing interesting besides that happens kinda dissapointing but ah well I enjoy it wish there was more.

There is more. Look at the link. ^-^

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1389564-Assassin-s-Creed-Titan-Comics-Story-Analysis-amp-Discussion-(Spoilers)