PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate problems

Red-ufo
11-23-2016, 01:33 AM
I've been through all the threads and tried all the solutions, non of them work.
Assassin's Creed Syndicate still crashes.

Is there any programs that run emulators that would stabilise Assassin's Creed Syndicate meaning the files that run the game, that's not made by Ubisoft.

Is the any software that monitor's files, that would run the game Assassin's Creed Syndicate, meaning Program Monitor Software. Basically the files that run the game when your In play, to find out what ones cause the problems.

strigoi1958
11-23-2016, 01:33 PM
It may help if you list your pc specs, Motherboard, how much Ram, graphics card, hard drive, operating system, any over clocking.
Also some programs can conflict with games, I usually have no background tasks running when I game.

Red-ufo
11-23-2016, 10:08 PM
I7 CPU 950, 24 gigs ram, GTX 550 Ti, Windows 8.1, never overclocked.
What are the type of programs that conflict with games.
How do you stop all the background processes at once, then restore them. I would guess restart your system.

I am still looking for Program Monitor Software, so I can have a report of the files that are use when playing games.

Ask yourself, you would want to know the files that conflict with games.
Why Ubisoft hasn't fixed the problem, Ubisoft make the software surly they could come up with some type, Program Monitor Software, that monitor's the game files to find out what files was In conflict with others. Surly after all this time they could have worked that out.

They most probably have worked out the files that conflict with all the games, their just not going to do any thing about It. Will Ubisoft ever listen to the people that buy the games probably not

That's why I ask Is there any programs that run emulators that would prevent Assassin's Creed Syndicate from crashing.

Lysette88
11-24-2016, 01:23 AM
Give it a try with settings on low and a lower resolution - I found a video on youtube where a guy runs Syndicate with your specifications but a lower resolution on low settings. FPS is still low, but it seems to be playable, but you can check that out yourself in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpLnI33ORJE

The 550 ti is a bit below the minimum requirements, which are Nvidia 660 GTX for Syndicate, so I think your problems come from this actually. It might help though, to use a lower resolution, because this puts a lot less stress on your graphics hardware and can be rendered in a much shorter time, which results in higher fps.

Edit: Well, it all depends, I guess, after watching this video in full my own conclusion (and likely that of Ubisoft as well is) the 550 ti is not really suitable for this game. I find the low fps rather tiring the eyes, but it is of course your choice, if you want to try it. I would rather suggest to go for a better graphics card. I do not have the best myself, a 760 GTX, but it performs well enough with Syndicate. Eventually you should really go for a faster graphics card, because you will encounter that problem with pretty much all newer games again.

strigoi1958
11-24-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm assuming you have a 2 GB 550 ti.... it is slightly below minimum spec to play the game but it should run by turning everything off or to low settings but even then if you have a 1 gb or 1.5 gb 550 ti it will be a struggle to get fps up to a nice level..

It is not Ubisofts job to figure out why the game runs on millions of PC's but not on a few. They made a game, it runs on PC's that do not have problems, unfortunately at times all of us have a problem with our PC's, it's the price we pay for not wanting to use a console. I've had problems with loads of games over the years and it has never been the company at fault just something I needed to fix on my pc. Unfortunately for all of us, there is no program that will run a game and tell us why it is crashing but it does say in your event viewer... but I am not certain that helps when we look at the event information.

There are many reasons why ACS might crash on your PC... your PC might be overheating due to the demand placed on the 550 ti, you might have a virus or malware. It might be the driver, always update your graphics driver with a clean install

If you bought it from steam you should verify the game cache. If it is just through Uplay then go to your uplay games, right click on it and verify files.

that will usually fix the problems provided it is not your graphics card struggling or a hardware issue.

have you tried the DEP possible solution?

Right click “This PC” from desktop and click Properties
Go to Advanced System Settings from left column
Click Settings in the Performance section
Under Data Execution Prevention enable Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select
Select ACS.exe by browsing the installation folder and click Apply
This should solve ACS.exe has stopped working error.

that is everything I know so I hope it helps

I usually go to my system tray and turn off my antivirus and and programs running that I do not need when I am gaming just to stop any possible conflicts also I have used overlays in the past that caused problems such as communication software like razer comms.

+1 for Lysette88 your system is good but your 550 ti is holding it back.

I always go here and download the detection program to tell me if I can run a game.
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/requirements/assassins-creed-syndicate/12971

Also running the game in 1600 x 900 resolution might give you a few more fps.

Lysette88
11-24-2016, 01:59 AM
Just to add this - I had Syndicate stuttering before I chose to set it into compatibility mode for my windows version 8.1 and running it as administrator - this solved the issue of it stuttering for fractions of a second sometimes. My 760 GTX is not the recommended 4 GB version, but just 1.5 GB, I had to refrain from using the ultra features to gain good fps - so dedicated Video RAM seems to be crucial for Syndicate's peformance as well.

Edit: Ah yes, strigoi1958 mentioned a vital thing - overlays - if you use the steam version, disable the steam overlay at least.

That video, I posted, used 1280x720 - I guess that is the low settings resolution anyway - and it is still low fps, it is the graphics hardware which lacks performance, not much you can do there I guess.

Red-ufo
11-24-2016, 03:19 AM
My GTX 550 Ti Is 3Gigs,

Lysette88, I watched the video. Applied the settings ACS still crashed.

Strigoi1958, Data Execution Prevention wont work , It says “You can not set DEP attributes on a 64-bit executables

I've tried many solutions, the game starts OK, but then If your on a carriage ride you can travel for a bit then, the game crashes

ACS Is an exe throught Uplay., not steam.

I have been thinking about a new graphics card for some time, I guess now would be a good time.
Thanks for the time guys, but I do need a new graphics card, It's a pain In the posturer.

Lysette88
11-24-2016, 04:55 AM
Yes,. ACS.exe is started through Uplay, but if you have bought it from steam, it will start the steam overlay, if you have not right clicked it in the library, chose properties and disabled the steam overlay. I have no idea though, if this could cause a problem with the overlay you get from Uplay or not - I have both disabled, steam and Uplay, in order to get rid of these xxx wants to be your friend messages in game, because they are distracting.

See it from it's positive side (your life will be much less stressful, if you try to see something positive in pretty much everything), you will be able to enjoy Syndicate in all it's glory with a new card. Even without the ultra features it looks stunning, but to really enjoy it, you need fluent game play and with high settings the game looks awesome and is real fun to play - does not even have to be ultra, which is basically just about the Nvidia Gameworks features. Those are not really required, the game looks awesome as well on high settings. And some ultra features like TXAA tend to blur distant textures to achieve the effects. Soft shadows are as well something, what you might not even notice most of the time. So you will not necessarily have to go for a 500 dollars card.