PDA

View Full Version : [VIDEO] Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection (Broterhood) visual bug...

GuitarHero-NL
11-22-2016, 07:31 PM
Hey everyone,

I picked up The Ezio Collection last week and played through AC II last week which I enjoyed quite a lot, there were some visual bugs and the gameplay is a bit outdated but that was okay for me. What I stumbled upon since today is something I'm a bit more disappointed about... There seems to be some kind of 50/50 filter across the screen in Brotherhood (at least in my case on PS4), so I thought about recording it and posting it on some different forums so that people could take a look on it and maybe there are some people who know a bit more about this issue since it really annoys me quite a lot. So far I only started te game until the point where I got back to the villa, but I noticed it in the opening memory in the Vatican as well. A link to the Youtube Video is included so take a look for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbWlvCiIGg

SixKeys
11-22-2016, 08:07 PM
People were already complaining about the filter on last-gen consoles. What seems to have happened is that the filter was always there but because they turned up the color contrast way up in the remaster, it has become even more noticeable than before. So it's not a "bug" exclusive to the remaster.

GuitarHero-NL
11-23-2016, 12:16 AM
People were already complaining about the filter on last-gen consoles. What seems to have happened is that the filter was always there but because they turned up the color contrast way up in the remaster, it has become even more noticeable than before. So it's not a "bug" exclusive to the remaster.

Well that sucks... Because if that's the case I think it's safe to asume that this will not be fixed at all?

Assassin_M
11-23-2016, 01:27 AM
Uhh....That's not a bug? The increase in contrast is a visual que that you'll fail the mission if you stay too far away from the target/companion. It's always been there.

GuitarHero-NL
11-23-2016, 12:02 PM
Uhh....That's not a bug? The increase in contrast is a visual que that you'll fail the mission if you stay too far away from the target/companion. It's always been there.

That's not the thing I wanted to point out here, You'll clearly see that there is some kind of glow over the upper side of the screen (sorry for the bad english :p), that glow only get's there if you are within the reach of the person, once you get to far away of the quest target the glow is gone... The reason I walked back and forth was because I could more easily illustrate the problem I had. I went a bit in Rome now and even when I'm not doing a mission it is there... It's extremely annoying but I just gotta try to see through it..

joelsantos24
11-23-2016, 12:19 PM
Hey everyone,

I picked up The Ezio Collection last week and played through AC II last week which I enjoyed quite a lot, there were some visual bugs and the gameplay is a bit outdated but that was okay for me. What I stumbled upon since today is something I'm a bit more disappointed about... There seems to be some kind of 50/50 filter across the screen in Brotherhood (at least in my case on PS4), so I thought about recording it and posting it on some different forums so that people could take a look on it and maybe there are some people who know a bit more about this issue since it really annoys me quite a lot. So far I only started te game until the point where I got back to the villa, but I noticed it in the opening memory in the Vatican as well. A link to the Youtube Video is included so take a look for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlbWlvCiIGg
Yeah, this is what I was concerned about, because knowing how remasters seem to work on Ubisoft (see the PS3 remaster of the Prince of Persia, Sands of Time trilogy), it was bound to yield some problems. I was actually hoping things would get better in Brotherhood, but some reports are leaving me devastated. And so far, AC2's breaking my heart, at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnJvv-peF4

I can't remember if my run of the game so far, had this odd-looking, eerie character, since I know the NPC's were randomly picked in AC2. I've only gone until the Templar Lair mission at the Palazzo Medici, after having killed Francesco de Pazzi and coming from Monteriggioni soon after. I know Polygon's video generated a lot of criticism and negative remarks of Ubisof's remaster of the Ezio Collection. I know also that some of Polygon's considerations are not that fair or accurate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rol6HJ1uVjs

But increasing the resolution and brighting the colours, can have this outcome. I do agree that they shouldn't have changed the colour scheme and introduced different filters. AC2 was always dark, and the Middle Ages were a very dark period, particularly at night, since the only source of artificial light was candle light. I do hope they introduce a patch to roll back to the old unsaturated and darker scheme.

GuitarHero-NL
11-23-2016, 12:26 PM
Yeah, this is what I was concerned about, because knowing how remasters seem to work on Ubisoft (see the PS3 remaster of the Prince of Persia, Sands of Time trilogy), it was bound to yield some problems. I was actually hoping things would get better in Brotherhood, but some reports are leaving me devastated. And so far, AC2's breaking my heart, at the moment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmnJvv-peF4

Well for me AC2 was great. I played through the whole thing and did some side things and that specific character model I did not find about that one until I was in sequence 10 or something... There are some buildings that seem to glow in the dark but other than that I found the game quite enjoyable and some textures looked really good, the thing they did with the colours is a positive thing for me quite as well. So after AC2 my expectations for BH were quite high as well but that filter kind of thing really annoys me a lot. I will continue to play the game but it definetly takes away some of the fun for me.

uggabugg
11-23-2016, 06:59 PM
yes that is the white gradient. it was in the original game aswell. there was a lot of complaint when the original game came out, and after a lot of comments on the forum ubisoft anounced that it was a game feature and they would not remove it. im dissapointed that they kept it in the ps4 version, as it reaaly makes the game look washed out