PDA

View Full Version : MS f/sim 2004

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Got the MS new sim.2004 Putting in tonight.Question? is it best to install a game like flight sim.complete rather than in compact installment? In complete installment do you pick up any better fps?Besides it taking up alot of hard drive space.Thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 02:01 AM
Got the MS new sim.2004 Putting in tonight.Question? is it best to install a game like flight sim.complete rather than in compact installment? In complete installment do you pick up any better fps?Besides it taking up alot of hard drive space.Thanks

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 02:22 AM
Well hopefully complete means that you don´t have to switch your 4 cd:s all the time. I got the game too but my computer is down and i don´t think my moms p2 400 got the power to run it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 02:23 AM
complete install put all the little gee-gaws on plus your HD accesses files faster than your disc drive.

If you know which files are most important to either the game or your personal tases/interests, use custom. Otherwise go 'complete'.

You can go to the custom install dialog box and see what files you can install and still back out if you don't know or aren't sure.

I usually go 'complete'. That way all the sound files etc. are on the HD.

Let us know how it plays. The vintage aircraft could be cool, especially the 'Jenny'. Heard in real life it could be a bit*h to fly.

*****Only left handed people are in their right minds.*****

<center>http://www.ghosts.com/images/wing.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 03:14 AM
complete install will also avoid those annoying stutters as you fly from one map section to the next in long flights

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 04:44 AM
Best version of Flight Sim to date. The virtual 3d cockpits as i think MS call them are fantastic and simply replace the 2d standard view in my book.

The a/c:
Jets are still jets and seem to have no great improvement in flight modeling. The Lear 45 still goes Mach 2, lol. B737, B757, B747 are equal in my opinion to FS2002 or whatever the last one was. Equally the same are the Cessnas, the PA28 and the Mooney the king air and the Baron. Single engines are great for someone interested in really flying or for teaching the kids how to land if dad ever has a heart attack at 8000 feet over Lake Michigan. (BTW - tell your kids to stay away from O'Hare, go to Meigs like the pilot did yesterday when he had lost his engine and he landed on the grass)

de Havilland DH-88 Comet: My first aircraft of choice to take for a new spin with the new sim. Whoa, this babe needs some TLC or it is not leaving mother earth. Took off from ADS which has a 7000 foot runway and used most of it. Fun to fly, terrible foward view makes takeoff a real challenge without raising the seat up to get a view over the dash.

Piper J-3C-65 Cub: Easy to fly, a great beginners plane. Great views from the cockpit.

Douglas DC-3: I downloaded a supurb DC-3 with both Pilot and First Officer controls about 5 years ago, so this plane isn't really "new" to me. It is a fun and semi-big twin, handles really well and is easy to fly.

Ford Trimotor: I simply love this plane and fly it everywhere. My favorite plane for bush flying. Really neat to imagine taking a plane load of folks up to Alaska in this one.

I have not flown the Vickers, the Jenny or the Spirit of St. Louis yet, but i did spend half a day trying to fly the Wright brothers plane longer than 30 seconds without crashing. It is a fun challenge, especially when you throw in a thunderstorm and some wicked crosswinds!!!

http://mysite.verizon.net/res0adci/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/sigsig.jpg

Almost forgot, well i did forget ergo the edit: www.gamecopyworld.com (http://www.gamecopyworld.com) will have a no-cd file within 24-48 hours of just about every game that is released. This allows you to always do a full install of the game, and never having to put your cd back in the tray after the install. Full install of this one is 2.66 GB.

Message Edited on 07/30/0303:53AM by LW_Cobra

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 04:51 AM
Its kind of funny Just yesterday I went on a rant about CFS3 and today I buy MSFS2004. I guess I will never learn. I think the problem with microsoft is that they really dont try to make the customer happy they just want to do just enuff to sell their product. I do like the new MSFS2004 pretty well. They added a few new planes and a few new objects. Planes are modeled well they look great, but you would think that over the course of 2 years they could improve the water the coast lines and the ground texture. I think the planes look stunning but the rest still looks cartoonish. Well any how I was not as disapointed as I was with CFS3 which I will more than likely not Buy CFS4 unless I see a drastick improvement. MSFS seems to be improved but slowly as for the CFS I think they took a step back.

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg

Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
07-30-2003, 05:36 AM
LW_Cobra wrote:
-(BTW -
- tell your kids to stay away from O'Hare, go to Meigs
- like the pilot did yesterday when he had lost his
- engine and he landed on the grass)
-

hehe .. surprising how often this "unnecesary' airfield that is more useful as a toilet buiding (the current use it is put to by Chicago City is apparently to use the old terminal as a public toilet facility) is still used for emergencies

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 02:14 AM
I thought Venelvis hit it right on the money what he had to say.I say the same too,but my rig is only a 1.5Ghz-512 Ram,ti4200 400MHZ front side bus.When I fly 8oox600x32 with all the bells and whisles on no problem.When I go up to 1024x768x32 and x16 fps are 10-16,800x600 fps are 25-40.@ 1024 setting when I Push alt key toi show my menu on the fly I have to hold the key down had click the mouse twice on changing a plane or weather,any body else having this problem? I can only think why is because my processor low.Boy if you could but all the new planes in my old flight sim(MS flight Sim.2002 professionl EditionI would be a happy camper.Had no problem with that one,Ran res.up to 1152x864x16 everything looked better on my Rig.Im still doing some testing on this 2004.I like FB the views are far more better.OH well we will all learn sme day has Venelvis said.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 03:01 AM
I think that MSFS and CFS are made by completely different teams now.

I'll buy FS2004/FS9/MSFS:ACOF when I have the cash. It is worth it for the clickable VCs, improved weather and ATC, and all those bizaare old planes. Andrew Herd did an interesting review at www.flightsim.com (http://www.flightsim.com)

Philips CDRW

Posting vacuous messages since 2002

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:03 AM
I did more testing.not bad.Went to some fight that I was flying on ftsim2002 Pro.before I removed it.they mad some changes.good and bad,rob peter pay paul.Im liking 2004 more I test with It.When Im in the Res.1024x768x16or32,when I hit alt key and bring my cursor up to the top and move it to the right then My menus start comimg up,strange? In Res. 800x 600x32,no problem,hit alt key menu comes upand I make selections on the fly.Well enough of this MS talk,Aug.4th is around the corner for our FB patch,I hope the last up date I read.Happy flying guys.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:07 AM
The Old planes are cool. I noticed added scenery at Niagra Falls. But when I flew From Makinac Island I noticed the Makinac Bridge was not there. Noticed Problems with other bridges to in the Florida keys. I am still not sure if it was worth $50 bucks or not. The clouds look nice and the weather seems better But the ground still looks Bad. I think every other version of MSFS is good. I think this one is not as impresive. We will have to wait 2 more years to see Improvement????

http://www.hardrockhotel.com/rock/memorabilia/elvis.jpg

Thankya Thankya very much
Van Elvis

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:15 AM
Did you get the $10.00 rebate card in your MS 2004,I did,WOW a whole $10.00.Yes I Notice that too about the Niagria falls,cool!.Did you see I if Pannama was there,and any changes?Im going there in game to see,remember they had problems there in fsim.2002 Prof.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 06:54 AM
Just went to panama city Marcos A Gelabert Intl. MS 2004 sim.Boy did they improve that flight senery.Been there on a cruise ship.Great experience.On the the Sim they have the side roads on the locks staggered the real locks were straight,but that ok it's only a flight Sim.But I like the Improvment.what a adventure the Sim. has,seeing some more Improvment.

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 07:36 AM
Why does one ask how to install MS games here?
Not to be rude but most folks don't care, that's why we are flying in il-2 and FB since MS stinks.
If you have problems installing it dont worry MS will fix it in the next version you have to pay for.

May you not become a dirt torpedo.

PlatinumDragon...

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 08:57 AM
*ahem*...scuse...hello....Excuse me....I said...EXCUSE ME!!

Don't want to spoil the fun here but are u guys aware that this forum is provided by UBI Soft for IL-2/FB related discussions?

<table width="100%" border="0" align="center">
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><hr></td>
<td rowspan="2"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">http://members.chello.se/ven/duck.jpg</font></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="43%"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Rubber Ducky, joy of joys,
When I squeeze you, you make noise!
Rubber Ducky, you're my very best friend,
it's true!

Rubber Ducky, you're the one,
You make bathtime lots of fun,
Rubber Ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.</font>
</td>
<td width="36%"><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="1">Every day when I
make my way to the tubby
I find a little fella who's
Cute and yellow and chubby

Rubber Ducky, you're so fine
And I'm lucky that you're mine
Rubber ducky, I'm awfully fond of you.</font></td>
</tr>
</table>

XyZspineZyX
07-31-2003, 09:19 AM
Vengeanze wrote:
- *ahem*...scuse...hello....Excuse me....I
- said...EXCUSE ME!!
-
- Don't want to spoil the fun here but are u guys
- aware that this forum is provided by UBI Soft for
- IL-2/FB related discussions?

I think this thread is more relevant than most I have read here lately.
At least it's about flight sims and not dead actors etc.

Anyone got the TrackIR to function in 2004 yet?

Master