PDA

View Full Version : What Might Be The *Exclusive Pre-Order Bonus*?

Chicken-Alfredo
11-20-2016, 04:35 AM
Do we have any general idea what it will/might be? Maybe a little hint if you Devs already know what we will be getting?

If you can't answer those, hopefully you can answer this one atleast:
Will the bonus be the same for all the different pre order types?

FredEx919
11-22-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm actually not familiar with a bonus outside of the Legacy Battle Pack, but I do see what you're referring to. I'll check and see if I can figure something out and post back here if I come up with anything.

GamerErrant
11-23-2016, 03:40 AM
It honestly look like it's just bad formatting on the store page - it shouldn't really be another bullet-point. In the 'Read More' section below, it's pretty clearly talking about the skins within the 'Legacy Battle Pack' being exclusive.

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 12:19 PM
It honestly look like it's just bad formatting on the store page - it shouldn't really be another bullet-point. In the 'Read More' section below, it's pretty clearly talking about the skins within the 'Legacy Battle Pack' being exclusive.

To be precise, OP is talking about the Uplay Store exclusive preorder bonus, not the legacy battlepack pack.

It says 1+1 on the main For Honor store page.

GamerErrant
11-23-2016, 01:43 PM
To be precise, OP is talking about the Uplay Store exclusive preorder bonus, not the legacy battlepack pack.

It says 1+1 on the main For Honor store page.

Yes, this is what I'm talking about too. On the store page it reads:

- 3 Hero outfits: Legacy battle pack
- An exclusive pre-order bonus

When I think it's just a formatting problem, and it supposed to read:

- 3 Hero outfits: Legacy battle pack, an exclusive pre-order bonus

Because down below in the 'read more' section, it says this about pre-orders:

Additionally, fans who pre-order For Honor will receive the Legacy Battle Pack. This pack includes three Hero outfits embodying the ferocious spirit of each faction. These three armor styles are exclusive to the Legacy Battle Pack and wearable by the Warden, Raider, and Kensei Heroes.

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 03:27 PM
If one goes to store.ubi.com/for-honor, it will redirect you to the regional shop portal for FH, and it is there smack in you face..
There is no "read more" on that particular page.

I have already preordered, so just trying to clarify what AHamSammich is asking exactly.

Honestly as it is a Uplay store special, it could be something like a weapon/armour cosmetic item, ingame credits or basically anything else Ubi has to offer.

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 03:47 PM
Thinking about it, it would not surprise me if it was a steel/XP booster for 1 or more days.

GamerErrant
11-23-2016, 04:50 PM
What region are you in? In the US that site just shows me the three editions to choose from. Clicking on any of those is where the bonuses are listed, with the 'Read More' section.

I pre-ordered through the Uplay store months ago, and the skins are the only bonus I've ever seen listed (aside from the 1000 activity points for pre-ordering from the Uplay store, which I had to open a support ticket to receive).

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 05:18 PM
What region are you in? In the US that site just shows me the three editions to choose from. Clicking on any of those is where the bonuses are listed, with the 'Read More' section.

I pre-ordered through the Uplay store months ago, and the skins are the only bonus I've ever seen listed (aside from the 1000 activity points for pre-ordering from the Uplay store, which I had to open a support ticket to receive).

EU Based.

If you go to the main store, store.ubi.com , and from the drop down menu select for honor, you are redirected.
So far we should be on the same page. : o)

The page it sends me to, is a portal with offers, media, and fan kit links and information. At the top it has Watch the trailer / buy now (or something similar).
Right underneath it says (at least here, and it did months ago as well):

Exclusive preorder offer:
Legacy Battle pack + UPlay Shop Exclusives exclusive preorder bonus
End quote

It is a bonus for not ordering via another channel but directly from Ubisoft.

Then you get to the selection of the 4 possible versions. Basic, basic + deluxe digital pack, Gold and Collector's edition.

From this page you can then go the the actual shop where you place the order.

I think we received a 3 day or 3 x 1 day booster(s) With the preorder of Siege that way.

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 05:21 PM
Wait, which platform are you on, we are talking about the PC version here ....

The amount of editions you mention makes me suspicious we are comparing apples and oranges at the moment.
And so does the mentioning of activity points ....

GamerErrant
11-23-2016, 06:08 PM
Wow, yea that's totally different than what we see in the US. When we go to the site you linked, or go to the main page and select 'For Honor' from the drop-down, we're taken to a simple storefront page. It lists three versions (Gold Collector's Edition, Gold Edition, and Standard), and you have platform selection on the left.. all platform pages are identical with no splash pages or trailers. Once you click on one of the versions, you get more details on the game with the light descriptions I quoted above.

What you're talking about definitely doesn't sound like a typo or formatting problem - whereas ours seems like it could be.

The activity points I talked about are from a special activity on the main US For Honor site (forhonor.ubisoft.com should send you to the UK site). There's a 'Rewards Program' you can join, on the US version of that site, where you gain 'points' for doing things like watching youtube videos and taking surveys. You can use the points to redeem swag and entry into giveaways; one of the activities in the reward program is for pre-ordering through the uPlay store.

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Ah, those activity points, signed up but I do not think I ever looked at that ever since the TT. I'll have to check that thanks.
And I actually made a preoffer bonus screenshot when I did preorder, in case this topic ever came up, call me paranoid if you like.

If I were you I'd join our side and also question what this bonus may be you are entitled to as well, as it is stated on your shop page (albeit less obvious).
: o)

Edit, just checked, the rewards are US only, so I won't get the points.

TheGeekyHusband
11-23-2016, 08:02 PM
The only unique preorder i saw was with that Ubi Collector's Edition with the helmets... which i ordered. #cantgetenough

GamerErrant
11-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Ah, those activity points, signed up but I do not think I ever looked at that ever since the TT. I'll have to check that thanks.
And I actually made a preoffer bonus screenshot when I did preorder, in case this topic ever came up, call me paranoid if you like.

If I were you I'd join our side and also question what this bonus may be you are entitled to as well, as it is stated on your shop page (albeit less obvious).
: o)

Edit, just checked, the rewards are US only, so I won't get the points.

Oh I'm all for more pre-order stuff, I was just under the assumption it was a typo since it's so vague and completely unadvertised on the US store pages. :)

Patient_Fodder
11-23-2016, 09:04 PM
Oh I'm all for more pre-order stuff, I was just under the assumption it was a typo since it's so vague and completely unadvertised on the US store pages. :)

You did get a preorder bonus of 10 Bucks off with a digital order right (unless you ordered the standard game or a non digital version)? As that is the third item which is listed on the actual store page here (deluxe pack, Uplay bonus and a tenner off).

Sandro____
11-25-2016, 06:52 PM
well, 100% cosmetic stuff, dont get your hopes up. just pray for Dedicated servers , anti cheat and ranked system..