PDA

View Full Version : Ezio Collection - what's the verdict so far?

Sickboy7979
11-19-2016, 08:10 PM
Hi all. Been a little while since I've posted. Just wanted to check in and see what the verdict is on the Ezio Collection so far? I'm thinking of picking it up but, I feel like I just finished it recently on Xbox 360 (6 months ago or so). What I see on Youtube looks really good. What does everyone think so far? Maybe I'll pick it up and save it for later. Thoughts?

ERICATHERINE
11-19-2016, 10:31 PM
From my point of view the ps4 version is way better than the ps3 version, so the xbox one version should be way better than the 360 version as well. There is glitches, but none of them (at lest so far) weren't in the last gen version. So far, I only watched ac lineage and played ac ii until Forly, but I'm loving it. It really looks way better. ^-^

Papyo
11-19-2016, 11:04 PM
Did they fix the audio glitches in Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the vanities?

ERICATHERINE
11-20-2016, 12:39 AM
Did they fix the audio glitches in Battle of Forli and Bonfire of the vanities?

I just arrived in Venice, so I can't answer this one. ^-^

Sickboy7979
11-20-2016, 01:26 AM
Cool. I'll have to pick it up and like I said - save it for later when I actually want to replay them. They sure do look good in the vids so far.

rob1990312
11-20-2016, 04:31 AM
if you just played them 6 months ago on last gen i wouldnt recomend buying it the difference is very small
i just finished ac2 and starting brotherhood
music glitch is still there in battle of forli and bonfire
i see a lot of posts on social media saying remaster is crap and buggy
from what iv seen so far there are slightly better graphics with no other change, so anyone saying ubi ruined them is talking crap

Fatal-Feit
11-20-2016, 08:54 AM
The graphics enhancements are pretty mild and the games still run at 30fps, so I'd recommend picking it up on a sale. $20-30 is the most you should pay for it if you already own the games.

Captain Tomatoz
11-20-2016, 11:25 AM
So far I've been pretty disappointed.

Lineage frame rate is atrocious and I can't seem to pause it (it just goes back to the menu where I have to start again). The quality of the image is really bad almost like its camcorder footage.

AC2 has some weird changes, like faces just look hilarious, some buildings seem to glow at night (duomo). And the texture quality in some places is fantastic but in others it seems unchanged. Also there's something about Florence that just seems fake compared to the original, I haven't worked out why yet. The frame rate is stable though and the sound quality seems improved so there's that I suppose :D

So far I feel that this game (for lineage and ac2 at least) has been hastily put together with no thought.

rob1990312
11-20-2016, 05:29 PM
the game isnt a new game started from scratch its basically a port of the origional game with a clearer picture
so id hardly say it was hastily put together if anything they just did very little
remasters arent that impressive anyway in the last month i played skyrim remaster and arkham remaster and their was no major difference in them to the original thwy were more like ports too
i think acii was too old to get anything special out of and ac brotherhood was a cartoonish mess of a game with worse graphics than 2 when it came out, so that would have needed a huge overhaul which it didnt get
havent played revelations yet so cant comment on that yet
i think ac3 could make a good remaster as graphics wise it was superior to the ones before it and not too far away from what black flag looked like on ps4
long story short these are basically ports other than remasters

NetTakogo84
11-20-2016, 06:09 PM
It looks much better than the original overall, but the background music often cuts out, which is annoying. Still, I do not regret the purchase.

ERICATHERINE
11-20-2016, 06:45 PM
It looks much better than the original overall, but the background music often cuts out, which is annoying. Still, I do not regret the purchase.

This for me too. ^-^

Black_Widow9
11-20-2016, 10:18 PM

This for me too. ^-^
Is it happening in specific areas?

ERICATHERINE
11-21-2016, 12:00 AM
Is it happening in specific areas?

For me the music has cut almost everywhere. I say almost because I haven't gone in Rome, yet, in ac ii. I just killed Emilio Barbarigo. It even cuted in the montain between Forly and Firenze. I haven't tryied ac brotherhood or revelations yet, so I can't say if this occures in the games of the Ezio collection. ^-^

joelsantos24
11-21-2016, 05:02 PM
So far I've been pretty disappointed.

Lineage frame rate is atrocious and I can't seem to pause it (it just goes back to the menu where I have to start again). The quality of the image is really bad almost like its camcorder footage.

AC2 has some weird changes, like faces just look hilarious, some buildings seem to glow at night (duomo). And the texture quality in some places is fantastic but in others it seems unchanged. Also there's something about Florence that just seems fake compared to the original, I haven't worked out why yet. The frame rate is stable though and the sound quality seems improved so there's that I suppose :D

So far I feel that this game (for lineage and ac2 at least) has been hastily put together with no thought.
I agree on Lineage. You can't pause it, and the video quality doesn't seem like 1080p, in fact, I quite doubt it. As for the rest, I don't think AC2 has that many changes. The faces aren't that much different than they were, they're just enhanced since they're in 1080p and brighter.

In general, I'm loving the experience in AC2. I used to play all the AC games back to back, on PS3, so I'm just thrilled to relive the experience. That being said, I have some huge disappointments, particularly coming from having played Unity and Syndicate. I know it's an unfair analogy, because time doesn't run back, so we can't analyze matters under this perspective, but the issue still remains. I've the utmost respect for Désilets and the universe he created in AC, but not having even contemplated a proper and dedicated stealth mode for the main character, is an absolute joke. I felt the same way back then, because SC is one of my favourite series, but I honestly didn't even think much about it, granted. Now, playing it after Unity and Syndicate, it just seems absolutely nonsensical. The truth is, you can't really go through one single mission, without having to engage in boring and time-consuming fights with guards and sometimes the targets themselves. I admit, I take my time and try to reach the targets unnoticed, and generally I succeed. However, it's still so sad to see such an amazing game suffer from such a disability.

ERICATHERINE
11-21-2016, 05:25 PM
I agree on Lineage. You can't pause it, and the video quality doesn't seem like 1080p, in fact, I quite doubt it. As for the rest, I don't think AC2 has that many changes. The faces aren't that much different than they were, they're just enhanced since they're in 1080p and brighter.

In general, I'm loving the experience in AC2. I used to play all the AC games back to back, on PS3, so I'm just thrilled to relive the experience. That being said, I have some huge disappointments, particularly coming from having played Unity and Syndicate. I know it's an unfair analogy, because time doesn't run back, so we can't analyze matters under this perspective, but the issue still remains. I've the utmost respect for Désilets and the universe he created in AC, but not having even contemplated a proper and dedicated stealth mode for the main character, is an absolute joke. I felt the same way back then, because SC is one of my favourite series, but I honestly didn't even think much about it, granted. Now, playing it after Unity and Syndicate, it just seems absolutely nonsensical. The truth is, you can't really go through one single mission, without having to engage in boring and time-consuming fights with guards and sometimes the targets themselves. I admit, I take my time and try to reach the targets unnoticed, and generally I succeed. However, it's still so sad to see such an amazing game suffer from such a disability.

Well, it's wasn't supposed to changed that much. At first, ubisoft said it would not even be a remaster, but what we got really looks like a remaster. What you seem to have wanted is a remake, not a remaster. So, my point is that we're actually lucky and that we should be happy to have got a remaster. We should never put our expactations to high. That the road to be deceived. All I want was for a specific bug to be corrected. I haven't played ac brotherhood yet, so I can't know if it has been corrected, but even if not, there is still hope, because the Ezio collection have just begun being selled, which mean a patch is still possible. ^-^

joelsantos24
11-21-2016, 09:50 PM
Well, it's wasn't supposed to changed that much. At first, ubisoft said it would not even be a remaster, but what we got really looks like a remaster. What you seem to have wanted is a remake, not a remaster. So, my point is that we're actually lucky and that we should be happy to have got a remaster. We should never put our expactations to high. That the road to be deceived. All I want was for a specific bug to be corrected. I haven't played ac brotherhood yet, so I can't know if it has been corrected, but even if not, there is still hope, because the Ezio collection have just begun being selled, which mean a patch is still possible. ^-^
No, I didn't want a remake. And yes, you misunderstood my entire post.

I'm just analyzing AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and even AC4, in analogy with Unity or Syndicate. In this case, we're talking about the Ezio trilogy specifically. Moreover, what I meant was, in a series and a theme fundamentally predicated on stealth and being inconspicuous amongst the crowd or environment, Désilets got it all wrong. Looking back, the fact that he didn't even think about including a dedicated stealth mode, is absolutely incomprehensible. That's what I said. That's what I'm discussing.

Don't get your hopes up, there won't be a patch, unless to correct some prevalent bugs or glitches. The game is what it is. I absolutely love the series, and I'm one of it's biggest fans, if not the biggest. However, Unity and Syndicate captured more accurately and genuinely what being an Assassin was all about.

ERICATHERINE
11-22-2016, 01:41 AM
Don't get your hopes up, there won't be a patch, unless to correct some prevalent bugs or glitches.

There has already been a patch. I downloaded it day one. This patch is my reason for believing in my bug being corrected. ^-^

joelsantos24
11-22-2016, 08:30 PM
There has already been a patch. I downloaded it day one. This patch is my reason for believing in my bug being corrected. ^-^
That's what I said, the patches that might come, will only address possible bugs or glitches. Moreover, the game changed more than I expected, and for the worse:

https://www.facebook.com/ign/videos/10154249528196633/

SixKeys
11-22-2016, 11:14 PM
No, I didn't want a remake. And yes, you misunderstood my entire post.

I'm just analyzing AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, AC3 and even AC4, in analogy with Unity or Syndicate. In this case, we're talking about the Ezio trilogy specifically. Moreover, what I meant was, in a series and a theme fundamentally predicated on stealth and being inconspicuous amongst the crowd or environment, Désilets got it all wrong. Looking back, the fact that he didn't even think about including a dedicated stealth mode, is absolutely incomprehensible. That's what I said. That's what I'm discussing.

It annoys me when people say AC fails as a stealth game, because it was never meant to be stealth. It was meant to be about social stealth, which is very different. It's one thing to crouch behind objects to avoid being seen, it's another to openly make a show of yourself by flirting with courtesans and sneak past the guards simply by making yourself seem like a harmless fool. That is what early ACs tried to do. The reason they kept trying (and often failing) to introduce more and more traditional stealth elements into the games is because people kept mixing the two, and thus acting like AC was a failed stealth game because it lacked traditional stealth mechanics. It's like saying The Walking Dead fails as a horror game, because the game isn't actually horror despite having zombies in it. Unity and Syndicate was Ubisoft finally giving up on the original concept and giving in to the gamers who clamored for AC to be more like traditional stealth, which is essentially like if Telltale Games suddenly turned TWD into an FPS horror game.

BananaBlighter
11-22-2016, 11:30 PM
It annoys me when people say AC fails as a stealth game, because it was never meant to be stealth. It was meant to be about social stealth, which is very different. It's one thing to crouch behind objects to avoid being seen, it's another to openly make a show of yourself by flirting with courtesans and sneak past the guards simply by making yourself seem like a harmless fool. That is what early ACs tried to do. The reason they kept trying (and often failing) to introduce more and more traditional stealth elements into the games is because people kept mixing the two, and thus acting like AC was a failed stealth game because it lacked traditional stealth mechanics. It's like saying The Walking Dead fails as a horror game, because the game isn't actually horror despite having zombies in it. Unity and Syndicate was Ubisoft finally giving up on the original concept and giving in to the gamers who clamored for AC to be more like traditional stealth, which is essentially like if Telltale Games suddenly turned TWD into an FPS horror game.

I do wish we had deep social stealth that was more than simple crowd blending, but at the same time I kinda like that we now have more traditional stealth elements. In terms of stealth I see three types, social stealth, indoor stealth , and outdoor stealth. Preferably I would have a mix of the three: some missions are set in social spaces (with crowds) such as the Maxwell Roth assassination, some set in outdoor restricted areas, based mostly on rooftops and in hiding spots scattered across ground level (like stealth in AC4), and others are in indoor restricted areas like a lot of Unity's stealth.

joelsantos24
11-23-2016, 10:02 AM
I had no problem with that concept back then, except it's a lie. Would an Assassin use social stealth? Definitely. But not solely. And that's the point. Being an Assassin is all about stealth, both social and physical.

I'm not just talking about blending in with the crowd on the streets, as much as I'm referring to the gameplay experience inside, on, or around buildings. You literally can't complete a bloody mission, like the Templar Lair mission at the Palazzo Medici in AC2, for example, without having to (boringly) fight your way through several groups of guards. We've all been here since AC1, at least I have, so we all understand the fact that the first games were strongly predicated on the principles of social stealth. However, that being said, it's an also fundamental fact that the games were strikingly crippled without the concept of physical stealth included as well.

Unity and Syndicate embody what an AC game must be, even on concept alone. You still have social stealth, so you can still blend in with the crowd, and Syndicate's Bounty Hunt missions were particularly engaging in that regard. But now, with the latest games, there's a heavy physical stealth component, naturally, logically and absolutely important (even crucial) when you're infiltrating a building with 30+ guards of several archetypes. The problem with the first AC games, was that we weren't as much as Assassins, as we were actual warriors.

I do wish we had deep social stealth that was more than simple crowd blending, but at the same time I kinda like that we now have more traditional stealth elements. In terms of stealth I see three types, social stealth, indoor stealth , and outdoor stealth. Preferably I would have a mix of the three: some missions are set in social spaces (with crowds) such as the Maxwell Roth assassination, some set in outdoor restricted areas, based mostly on rooftops and in hiding spots scattered across ground level (like stealth in AC4), and others are in indoor restricted areas like a lot of Unity's stealth.
Precisely my point.

Social stealth is a vital component of the life of an Assassin, no doubt. But the simple inexistence of physical stealth, crippled the game. You don't have courtesans inside the Palazzo Medici or the Castel Sant' Angelo, for example. Then, you also have restricted areas, where courtesans wouldn't be around as well. Social stealth has a fundamental role in wide, open areas, but that's about it. And you're not always playing outside on the streets, actually, quite often you're trying to infiltrate buildings or other highly restrictive (and restricted) areas.

SixKeys
11-23-2016, 10:46 PM
I had no problem with that concept back then, except it's a lie. Would an Assassin use social stealth? Definitely. But not solely. And that's the point. Being an Assassin is all about stealth, both social and physical.

I'm not just talking about blending in with the crowd on the streets, as much as I'm referring to the gameplay experience inside, on, or around buildings. You literally can't complete a bloody mission, like the Templar Lair mission at the Palazzo Medici in AC2, for example, without having to (boringly) fight your way through several groups of guards. We've all been here since AC1, at least I have, so we all understand the fact that the first games were strongly predicated on the principles of social stealth. However, that being said, it's an also fundamental fact that the games were strikingly crippled without the concept of physical stealth included as well.

I honestly don't see why. What exactly makes a game so much richer when the only real difference is being able to crouch or not? The AI is still just as stupid as ever (well, maybe a little improved but by no means perfect), combat is still easy as hell so even if you get caught you can survive any situation. There are still missions where stealthing is impossible. So it's not like the challenge has been significantly increased. How exactly have Unity and Syndicate "un-crippled" the fundamental flaws in AC simply by allowing us to crouch?

Dragoness31
11-24-2016, 09:46 AM
I've been playing through AC II. I found Embers, but I'm trying to figure out where you watch Lineage. I've noticed several people posting they watched...really would like to know how. Thanks for your help.

D.I.D.
11-24-2016, 10:51 AM
I honestly don't see why. What exactly makes a game so much richer when the only real difference is being able to crouch or not? The AI is still just as stupid as ever (well, maybe a little improved but by no means perfect), combat is still easy as hell so even if you get caught you can survive any situation. There are still missions where stealthing is impossible. So it's not like the challenge has been significantly increased. How exactly have Unity and Syndicate "un-crippled" the fundamental flaws in AC simply by allowing us to crouch?

You can get around it, and we had to in the past, but I understand what Joel means. I think in Patrice's imagination he would have like AC to be a stealth game from the start, but he was creating the series at a time when that was too hard to do (in terms of controls, extra animations, clothing deformations, and AI). It would be hard to imagine anyone designing a game about assassins who didn't see a stealth game in his/her mind's eye.

I just tried to play Brotherhood again, just because the remasters are out, even though I'd decided long ago that I wasn't happy playing anything before ACIV anymore. Sure enough, I had to uninstall it before I even got a third of the way in, and a big part of it is the lack of elective cover controls.

I just find it unbearable now to have to nudge an Assassin, who insists on being six feet tall at all times, through tap-tap-tapped mini-steps to try and keep a chimney stack between myself and the Borgia Tower guards, or having to stand on the far side of a roof, or not being able to approach a rampart because there's no way to use it as cover. I was often having to peep over the brow of a roof from the far side so that I could pick my moment to run up a throw a knife. It's achievable, but incredibly awkward. It feels like I'm driving a shop window mannequin.It's easier to just cheese the system by going to the spots where you know you can comfortably kill everyone or, as you say, just killing them all in open combat.

There are other things that grate heavily on me now, not least the old parkour navigation. I loved what they did in Unity and Syndicate. The old systems were really clever, and I miss the old facility that allowed us to make wild leaps and then have to hit a button to grab the wall on the other side, but aside from that it just feels like a huge step backwards to play the old games now.

Few games age very well and virtually none of them do in the action-adventure area, so I'm okay with this. I wish I could enjoy Brotherhood like I used to, but those days are definitely over. I'm a little worried for the series that the media and the fans have lauded AC2 in particular for so long, and the new remasters might bring in new players who decide that they simply don't like AC because of their experience with the Ezio Collection. AC1 to ACB were amazing in their day though, and I'll always respect them as phenomenal achievements.

joelsantos24
11-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Well, if you really can't perceive the desperate need to have physical stealth in a series such as AC, then there's no point on carrying on with this. In Unity and Syndicate, I can finish pretty much every mission without being detected. It takes a lot of time, effort, and paranormal patience, even, but it's really awesome and I love it. In the first 5 games, that's literally impossible.

I new this woud happen to me, but I bought the collection nonetheless, hoping I'd get over it. I still haven't been able to do so. I'm almost afraid of continuing playing, because it may tarnish my regard for those games and those perfectly framed moments that I've burned in my memory.

You can get around it, and we had to in the past, but I understand what Joel means. I think in Patrice's imagination he would have like AC to be a stealth game from the start, but he was creating the series at a time when that was too hard to do (in terms of controls, extra animations, clothing deformations, and AI). It would be hard to imagine anyone designing a game about assassins who didn't see a stealth game in his/her mind's eye.

I just tried to play Brotherhood again, just because the remasters are out, even though I'd decided long ago that I wasn't happy playing anything before ACIV anymore. Sure enough, I had to uninstall it before I even got a third of the way in, and a big part of it is the lack of elective cover controls.

I just find it unbearable now to have to nudge an Assassin, who insists on being six feet tall at all times, through tap-tap-tapped mini-steps to try and keep a chimney stack between myself and the Borgia Tower guards, or having to stand on the far side of a roof, or not being able to approach a rampart because there's no way to use it as cover. I was often having to peep over the brow of a roof from the far side so that I could pick my moment to run up a throw a knife. It's achievable, but incredibly awkward. It feels like I'm driving a shop window mannequin.It's easier to just cheese the system by going to the spots where you know you can comfortably kill everyone or, as you say, just killing them all in open combat.

There are other things that grate heavily on me now, not least the old parkour navigation. I loved what they did in Unity and Syndicate. The old systems were really clever, and I miss the old facility that allowed us to make wild leaps and then have to hit a button to grab the wall on the other side, but aside from that it just feels like a huge step backwards to play the old games now.

Few games age very well and virtually none of them do in the action-adventure area, so I'm okay with this. I wish I could enjoy Brotherhood like I used to, but those days are definitely over. I'm a little worried for the series that the media and the fans have lauded AC2 in particular for so long, and the new remasters might bring in new players who decide that they simply don't like AC because of their experience with the Ezio Collection. AC1 to ACB were amazing in their day though, and I'll always respect them as phenomenal achievements.
Perfectly described. My feelings exactly.

Like I said above, I'm almost terrified of going on, because I know i'm not going to have fun, and I know it's not going to get me engaged. The AC1-AC3 sequence had it's moment, but that time has come and gone, I'm afraid.

ERICATHERINE
11-24-2016, 06:14 PM
I've been playing through AC II. I found Embers, but I'm trying to figure out where you watch Lineage. I've noticed several people posting they watched...really would like to know how. Thanks for your help.

Embers it at the far right of the Ezio collection choices, while lineag is at the opposite side. When you start the Ezio collection, you start with a screen of ac ii, yes? Well, instead of going right try to go left. ;-)

Dragoness31
11-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Thank you, that was the piece I was missing. I will watch it tonight after the holiday stuff is done.

BananaBlighter
11-25-2016, 12:15 AM

This describes my thoughts so well.

Last time we had a ranking the games thread, I basically did AC4, ACS & ACB, ACU & AC1, AC2 & ACR & AC3 & ACRo. However I'm going to be perfectly honest with myself and say that really I was being generous to the Ezio games. I honestly think that at the time I almost felt pressured by all the old fans who loved those games to put them a bit higher. I used to think about it all the time, "How is it that everyone loves these games, when I, coming from AC4, was appalled by the gameplay, particularly the stealth?". In the end I almost subconsciously made myself like them a little more. If I honestly ranked them now it would largely be based on the stealth side of gameplay, so Rogue would be much higher and Brotherhood would go down quite a bit.

I get what SixKeys is saying about the old games being about social stealth, but the thing is, even if that's what they were supposed to be, a lot of the time they weren't because you often had restricted areas that just weren't made for social stealth, and with a lack of traditional stealth mechanics these missions felt painful. In fact the only reason I don't put AC1 too low is because I genuinely think it was much better at being a social stealth game (and I appreciated the tone and story much more). In the Ezio games, stealth I felt like I was just running around spamming throwing knives, not actually using my brain to find my way around situations. These are the very things I criticised AC3 for last time we did a ranking (I felt like I was just sitting in bushes with a bow), but it's as if I ignored those same faults in ACB when I put it so high because I felt I just didn't have good taste or that I was just a simple newbie if I didn't appreciate at least one of the Ezio games.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot the parkour, after all it's what initially attracted me, like so many others, to this series. I feel bad every time I say that the newer parkour system is my favourite, because you've then got people telling me how much better the parkour in the original was because it required precision. Especially since I pride myself in being a guy who enjoys challenge (I always start a game at the highest difficulty if there is the option to do so) I felt like I was just another casual who preferred the automation of the newer system. But honestly running around in AC2 feels like a chore.

There is no flow like in the newer games, and if I try to go fast I keep jumping off ledges and losing health which can only be restored with medicine (you don't know how much that annoyed me when I first played ACB after AC4). To sprint I have to hold X on the PS4 controller, but when I do that I take my hand off the right stick, and the camera angle automatically locks onto looking straight ahead of you, which means that when I'm coming to the edge of a building I can't look down to see where I'm jumping without stopping first. I remember giving ACS and ACU slack for the quality of certain parkour animations compared to AC3 (vaulting and stepping down) but I look at AC2 and realise that there they're even worse (or just don't exist - like vaulting). And how could I not mention how much the lack of controlled descent annoys me. They actually do have a form of controlled descent in AC3/4/Ro - if you hold circle as you run off an edge, rather than jumping outwards like you would when holding X, you drop straight down. In AC2 when I come to an edge (even a small drop from one building on to another), either I can break the flow by hanging, dropping and then turning, or I can jump, hoping that I won't overshoot, which is what often happens. Overall I find getting around the city in the newer games much more satisfying and despite the lack of precision required, I feel that I have much more control over my movements.

In the end I have to conclude that the continued love for the old games is nothing more than nostalgia in a lot of cases. Yes there are things they excel at (the one thing I will say is undeniably amazing to this day is the music in the Ezio games) but for the most part the newer games are in my eyes superior. If we look at just gameplay, Unity wins IMO, for the city, it's easily Syndicate, and for story, I still don't get how people praise AC2's so much, for me AC4's is by far superior. People always say that the new games are missing what made the old games special, never being specific on what that special element is. Really I think it's just that this is no longer new and exciting to them, because of course we've had 1 game per year for quite a while now.

Farlander1991
11-25-2016, 12:42 AM
Oh yeah and I almost forgot the parkour, after all it's what initially attracted me, like so many others, to this series. I feel bad every time I say that the newer parkour system is my favourite, because you've then got people telling me how much better the parkour in the original was because it required precision. Especially since I pride myself in being a guy who enjoys challenge (I always start a game at the highest difficulty if there is the option to do so) I felt like I was just another casual who preferred the automation of the newer system. But honestly running around in AC2 feels like a chore.

Parkour is a particularly interesting subject I feel.

When Assassin's Creed 1 was released, parkour was actually criticized widely over the Internet for being to simple and automated. People said, 'you just hold a couple buttons and forward direction and that's it'. And since parkour system in next games didn't really change much, there was a lot of criticism for the same reasons. It was often compared to Prince of Persia parkour which required a great deal of control (the difference being of course, PoP parkour was designed specifically for linear environments... and even it had some degree of automation. Open-world acts differently than linear levels, but that's another story)

But then AC3 got released, and suddenly, people start talking about the old parkour system like it had so much more control and less automation. The truth is, it had pretty much the same amount of control and automation. It was just different kind of control.

Similar thing happened after Unity was released. Now AC3/AC4/ACRo parkour is better, and the parkour before those games is even better than it was before! While ACU pretty much retains the same parkour principles - its pretty automated, yes (like all AC games before it) but there's a very big degree of control and precision you can find with the whole parkour up/neutral/down and the high/low profile variations of it. But, some people just like to complain how they constantly jump over windows without even trying to release high profile without which Arno wouldn't do such a thing...

My guess is, if there will be another big iteration of parkour in AC series, people will start talking about how ACU's parkour had so much control and precision while the new one sucks. This seems like an unending cycle.

ERICATHERINE
11-25-2016, 02:43 AM
Thank you, that was the piece I was missing. I will watch it tonight after the holiday stuff is done.

You're welcome. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
11-25-2016, 02:52 AM
Parkour is a particularly interesting subject I feel.

When Assassin's Creed 1 was released, parkour was actually criticized widely over the Internet for being to simple and automated. People said, 'you just hold a couple buttons and forward direction and that's it'. And since parkour system in next games didn't really change much, there was a lot of criticism for the same reasons. It was often compared to Prince of Persia parkour which required a great deal of control (the difference being of course, PoP parkour was designed specifically for linear environments... and even it had some degree of automation. Open-world acts differently than linear levels, but that's another story)

But then AC3 got released, and suddenly, people start talking about the old parkour system like it had so much more control and less automation. The truth is, it had pretty much the same amount of control and automation. It was just different kind of control.

Similar thing happened after Unity was released. Now AC3/AC4/ACRo parkour is better, and the parkour before those games is even better than it was before! While ACU pretty much retains the same parkour principles - its pretty automated, yes (like all AC games before it) but there's a very big degree of control and precision you can find with the whole parkour up/neutral/down and the high/low profile variations of it. But, some people just like to complain how they constantly jump over windows without even trying to release high profile without which Arno wouldn't do such a thing...

My guess is, if there will be another big iteration of parkour in AC series, people will start talking about how ACU's parkour had so much control and precision while the new one sucks. This seems like an unending cycle.

Well, from my point of view every games made after ac revelations parkour system is better than ac re's and prior parkour system. Second place goes to ac re, thanks to the hook. Then it's both ac ii and brotherhood and the last place goes to ac1. When comparing ac 1's parkour system to ac 2's, I like ac 2, way more since it's faster. ^-^

joelsantos24
11-25-2016, 11:58 AM
This describes my thoughts so well.

Last time we had a ranking the games thread, I basically did AC4, ACS & ACB, ACU & AC1, AC2 & ACR & AC3 & ACRo. However I'm going to be perfectly honest with myself and say that really I was being generous to the Ezio games. I honestly think that at the time I almost felt pressured by all the old fans who loved those games to put them a bit higher. I used to think about it all the time, "How is it that everyone loves these games, when I, coming from AC4, was appalled by the gameplay, particularly the stealth?". In the end I almost subconsciously made myself like them a little more. If I honestly ranked them now it would largely be based on the stealth side of gameplay, so Rogue would be much higher and Brotherhood would go down quite a bit.

I get what SixKeys is saying about the old games being about social stealth, but the thing is, even if that's what they were supposed to be, a lot of the time they weren't because you often had restricted areas that just weren't made for social stealth, and with a lack of traditional stealth mechanics these missions felt painful. In fact the only reason I don't put AC1 too low is because I genuinely think it was much better at being a social stealth game (and I appreciated the tone and story much more). In the Ezio games, stealth I felt like I was just running around spamming throwing knives, not actually using my brain to find my way around situations. These are the very things I criticised AC3 for last time we did a ranking (I felt like I was just sitting in bushes with a bow), but it's as if I ignored those same faults in ACB when I put it so high because I felt I just didn't have good taste or that I was just a simple newbie if I didn't appreciate at least one of the Ezio games.

There is no flow like in the newer games, and if I try to go fast I keep jumping off ledges and losing health which can only be restored with medicine (you don't know how much that annoyed me when I first played ACB after AC4). To sprint I have to hold X on the PS4 controller, but when I do that I take my hand off the right stick, and the camera angle automatically locks onto looking straight ahead of you, which means that when I'm coming to the edge of a building I can't look down to see where I'm jumping without stopping first. I remember giving ACS and ACU slack for the quality of certain parkour animations compared to AC3 (vaulting and stepping down) but I look at AC2 and realise that there they're even worse (or just don't exist - like vaulting). And how could I not mention how much the lack of controlled descent annoys me. They actually do have a form of controlled descent in AC3/4/Ro - if you hold circle as you run off an edge, rather than jumping outwards like you would when holding X, you drop straight down. In AC2 when I come to an edge (even a small drop from one building on to another), either I can break the flow by hanging, dropping and then turning, or I can jump, hoping that I won't overshoot, which is what often happens. Overall I find getting around the city in the newer games much more satisfying and despite the lack of precision required, I feel that I have much more control over my movements.

In the end I have to conclude that the continued love for the old games is nothing more than nostalgia in a lot of cases. Yes there are things they excel at (the one thing I will say is undeniably amazing to this day is the music in the Ezio games) but for the most part the newer games are in my eyes superior. If we look at just gameplay, Unity wins IMO, for the city, it's easily Syndicate, and for story, I still don't get how people praise AC2's so much, for me AC4's is by far superior. People always say that the new games are missing what made the old games special, never being specific on what that special element is. Really I think it's just that this is no longer new and exciting to them, because of course we've had 1 game per year for quite a while now.
We all know about the fact that the first games were based on social stealth, but why Désilets created a broken and incomplete formula and never even thought about incorporating physical stealth, particularly when the applicability of social stealth happens to be quite limited and restrictive, is beyond me. I mentioned yesterday, the fact that you don't have courtesans inside the very buildings you're trying to infiltrate, let alone the open restricted areas you need to move around in. No one seemed to noticed that.

No one seems to perceive the fact that, in the first few games, we're actually more like warriors than actual assassins. No one seems to care that, during those first games, it's almost impossible for us to complete a single mission without having to fight our way through several groups of guards. Ezio was the literal "one man army", and fighting was all we ever did in his trilogy. It was fun, sure, but in comparison with the recent games, it's unfathomably boring, as far as I'm concerned.

I love the entire series, and each game has it's own place and time. I know the analogy is also blatantly unfair, defining the first games as broken, after experiencing what Unity or Syndicate provided us with. Time doesn't run backwards, and even despite understanding the importance and the role of social stealth in the games, and that it's application and use is very much limited to a few circumstances, we really can't compare the games. I'd say that the love for the older games is significantly due to nostalgia, but the experience itself had it's value and meaning. It may not be as complete and comprehensive as it is in Unity or Syndicate, but it certainly had it's place and of course, it's importance.

Righteous Angel
11-25-2016, 08:19 PM
For me the music has cut almost everywhere. I say almost because I haven't gone in Rome, yet, in ac ii. I just killed Emilio Barbarigo. It even cuted in the montain between Forly and Firenze. I haven't tryied ac brotherhood or revelations yet, so I can't say if this occures in the games of the Ezio collection. ^-^

Yes the audio is cutting out all over the place. Sloppy effort Ubisoft and you should have been able to have gotten a native 4k on these old games.

I actually prefer the look of the originals over this version. However, they run better on this collection and it it's nice to have them all together.

SixKeys
11-25-2016, 10:19 PM
No one seems to perceive the fact that, in the first few games, we're actually more like warriors than actual assassins. No one seems to care that, during those first games, it's almost impossible for us to complete a single mission without having to fight our way through several groups of guards. Ezio was the literal "one man army", and fighting was all we ever did in his trilogy. It was fun, sure, but in comparison with the recent games, it's unfathomably boring, as far as I'm concerned.

You keep saying this and I find it confusing as I can come up with dozens of examples of missions right off the bat that are very much possible to complete without entering conflict. Not just for one game, but several. The only exception being AC1 where every major assassination ends in a forced escape routine, but nearly all of them are possible to complete stealthily pre-White Room conversation. And starting with AC2 they got rid of the forced detection at the end of every mission. So I really don't know where you're getting this from.

BananaBlighter
11-25-2016, 10:29 PM
You keep saying this and I find it confusing as I can come up with dozens of examples of missions right off the bat that are very much possible to complete without entering conflict. Not just for one game, but several. The only exception being AC1 where every major assassination ends in a forced escape routine, but nearly all of them are possible to complete stealthily pre-White Room conversation. And starting with AC2 they got rid of the forced detection at the end of every mission. So I really don't know where you're getting this from.

It's possible, but without the use of OP tools like the throwing knives it's a lot harder. I don't want to have to resort to that kind of stuff, I should be able to find a clever way of dealing with the situation without it, but often it just seems like there isn't any.

joelsantos24
11-25-2016, 10:37 PM
Personal experience.

It's possible, but without the use of OP tools like the throwing knives it's a lot harder. I don't want to have to resort to that kind of stuff, I should be able to find a clever way of dealing with the situation without it, but often it just seems like there isn't any.
And there isn't. You really can't finish a mission in the first few games, without directly or indirectly confronting hostiles, be it with throwing knives or using other ranged weapon, in order to kill them quietly and keep them from calling for reinforcements, or actual open fights with one or several groups of guards.

Ultimately, it's unfathomable to me, how some people simply don't seem capable of admitting that the formula was broken, in the first few games. They say things like "it was all about social stealth", as if that meant anything more than the blatant confirmation that it's actually broken. Social stealth without physical stealth means nothing. We keep saying the same things, over and over again, in the hopes that people can catch it, but it's pointless. Social stealth doesn't exist, inside buildings or restricted areas. Therefore, the formula is broken. End of story.

SixKeys
11-25-2016, 11:17 PM

Throwing knives are OP now? Are you saying it should be possible to get through a level without using any tools? I mean, I'm sure it's possible if you want to create a personal challenge for yourself, but a bit unreasonable to suggest it's not "real" stealth if you use the tools created specifically for stealthing.

joelsantos24
11-25-2016, 11:44 PM
Ok, so I just realized we have very, very, very, very much different notions of what stealth truly means.

In my book, stealth means getting in and out of a highly restricted area without no one ever knowing I was there to begin with.
In my book, stealth means taking out a target without him/her ever seeing me coming.
In my book, stealth means being perfectly able to get from point A to point B without ever being noticed or detected, raising any alarms or physically interacting with any hostiles, directly or indirectly.

BananaBlighter
11-25-2016, 11:49 PM
Throwing knives are OP now? Are you saying it should be possible to get through a level without using any tools? I mean, I'm sure it's possible if you want to create a personal challenge for yourself, but a bit unreasonable to suggest it's not "real" stealth if you use the tools created specifically for stealthing.

Well I don't really consider it stealth when you're simply strolling around rooftops spamming throwing knives all over the place. There's no satisfaction in that because it requires no problem solving like actual stealth. Of course you can use your tools, but when they're the only way to get by, I think there's a problem. In Unity I use all my tools very often (of which there are a greater variety too), because in some situations it's the best solution, but other times with a little clever thought you can deal with most problems using only patience and a hidden blade.

The throwing knives can aid in stealthing, but in AC2 they're literally the only viable option, making stealth overly simplistic and boring. I'm not saying it's bad because you can use the throwing knives, but because you can't use anything else. In Syndicate, given that Evie can carry 30 1-shot throwing knives, I could run around spamming them and get through pretty much any level in the game using nothing else, but I can also do other stuff thanks to the variety of stealth mechanics that generally make a much more robust stealth system (even if it's still crap compared to Unity), and the fact that missions have been designed with stealth in mind, unlike AC2 where it's clear very little thought went in to it.

Stealth got good with AC4 when Ubi figured out how to design levels for stealth, with strategically placed alarm bells, snipers, bushes, and of course guards, while allowing the player to think creatively about different situations. It offered freedom but still provided a challenge.

SixKeys
11-26-2016, 02:23 AM
Ok, so I just realized we have very, very, very, very much different notions of what stealth truly means.

In my book, stealth means getting in and out of a highly restricted area without no one ever knowing I was there to begin with.
In my book, stealth means taking out a target without him/her ever seeing me coming.
In my book, stealth means being perfectly able to get from point A to point B without ever being noticed or detected, raising any alarms or physically interacting with any hostiles, directly or indirectly.

I call that ghosting or a no-kill run. Stealth just means not being detected. If you break a guy's neck before he knows you're even in the room, that's stealth.

Is it possible to ghost in AC? No, on that we agree.

joelsantos24
11-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Well I don't really consider it stealth when you're simply strolling around rooftops spamming throwing knives all over the place. There's no satisfaction in that because it requires no problem solving like actual stealth. Of course you can use your tools, but when they're the only way to get by, I think there's a problem. In Unity I use all my tools very often (of which there are a greater variety too), because in some situations it's the best solution, but other times with a little clever thought you can deal with most problems using only patience and a hidden blade.

The throwing knives can aid in stealthing, but in AC2 they're literally the only viable option, making stealth overly simplistic and boring. I'm not saying it's bad because you can use the throwing knives, but because you can't use anything else. In Syndicate, given that Evie can carry 30 1-shot throwing knives, I could run around spamming them and get through pretty much any level in the game using nothing else, but I can also do other stuff thanks to the variety of stealth mechanics that generally make a much more robust stealth system (even if it's still crap compared to Unity), and the fact that missions have been designed with stealth in mind, unlike AC2 where it's clear very little thought went in to it.

Stealth got good with AC4 when Ubi figured out how to design levels for stealth, with strategically placed alarm bells, snipers, bushes, and of course guards, while allowing the player to think creatively about different situations. It offered freedom but still provided a challenge.
Exactly. That's not stealth to me.

In the first few games, it's very hard to get around restricted areas without guards noticing and detecting you. Obviously, you're able to throw some knives or other ranged weapons to kill them, before they raise the alarm, but that's not what stealth gameplay is all about, in my humble opinion. As you said, and very well, there's no sense of true accomplishment, because you don't have to work around the fact that the area is swarming with guards and you need to get to a certain location undetected. I find it funny you mention patience and the hidden blade, as the only means you require to get by stealthily, because SC is my favourite series, along with AC, and that's pretty much my approach in both series. In SC, and also Unity or Syndicate, I stay hidden for several minutes, sometimes 10+ minutes, just waiting for the perfect opportunity to take down my target. My friends know this and they say it's crazy, and I tell them that's why SC is not for your average player.

I agree also on the basic mission mechanics. Very little thought was given towards AC2 and the first few games, in regards to true stealth. Are there ways around it? Sure, but the way the game was built, doesn't make it easy or fun, for that matter. Remembering the ordinary assassination contracts in AC2, i used the poisoned hidden blade very often, as many targets were being watched closely by body guards. I'd poison an ordinary guard around that area, draw everyone's attention towards him dancing around, and then take down my target. This is just one example, of how you can work things out.

However, that still leaves out infiltrations towards conventional buildings and restricted areas. Stealth opportunities in those circumstances, are very bleak or simply non-existent.

I call that ghosting or a no-kill run. Stealth just means not being detected. If you break a guy's neck before he knows you're even in the room, that's stealth.

Is it possible to ghost in AC? No, on that we agree.
Well, like I said, we have very much different concepts of stealth.

Sorrosyss
11-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Mmm. Well I picked it up for completionist's sake (PS4). Got to say, the installation process is weird - it should have installed Lineage first in my mind. As others said, Lineage is running at some god awful frame rate, bit embarrassing. Only an hour or so into AC2, and there is definitely some sound issues. The music keeps going incredibly quiet, and dialogue seems to vary in volume by a noticeable amount. It does look prettier though, with nice long draw distances. The eye models on some of the NPCs is terrifying though. :D I was disappointed I didn't get the monster at the start that so many have reported in the media. Hehe

ERICATHERINE
11-26-2016, 07:54 PM
Mmm. Well I picked it up for completionist's sake (PS4). Got to say, the installation process is weird - it should have installed Lineage first in my mind. As others said, Lineage is running at some god awful frame rate, bit embarrassing. Only an hour or so into AC2, and there is definitely some sound issues. The music keeps going incredibly quiet, and dialogue seems to vary in volume by a noticeable amount. It does look prettier though, with nice long draw distances. The eye models on some of the NPCs is terrifying though. :D I was disappointed I didn't get the monster at the start that so many have reported in the media. Hehe

I didn't notice that. :eek:

LoyalACFan
11-27-2016, 11:41 AM
I was pretty pleased with AC2 on PS4, with the one notable exception being Dante Moro. What. The. F**k? They used a completely different face model for some reason, and the texture is all shiny and waxy-looking. He looks like one of those molded plastic Santa Claus decorations with an incandescent bulb inside.

SixKeys
11-27-2016, 08:34 PM
I was pretty pleased with AC2 on PS4, with the one notable exception being Dante Moro. What. The. F**k? They used a completely different face model for some reason, and the texture is all shiny and waxy-looking. He looks like one of those molded plastic Santa Claus decorations with an incandescent bulb inside.

Desmond and Lucy look weird too. Lucy was already kind of creepy with her big mouth in the original AC2, but they added eyeshadow in the HD collection which makes her eyes look super weird sometimes. Desmond's eyebrows are like two hairy caterpillars and he looks like he's wearing guyliner.

RinoTheBouncer
11-27-2016, 10:43 PM
I just finished ACII today. This is the first time in my life that I take a game so slowly. I often finish games in 2-3 days, max, new or replay. But I'm taking it slow to enjoy every detail. I must say that I totally cannot understand what's so negative about this remaster. I'm playing on PS4, and everything seems to be great. The textures and visuals are definitely better, the music, the animations, the frame-rate, the cutscenes, the voice acting..etc. I never faced any bugs, let alone game-breaking ones, nor did I see this weird climbing that people have been posting about, nor did I encounter any issues that the original games did not have.

The only two negative things are the controls which are the same as before. I didn't like them then and I still don't like them now. The second is how Minerva's face is done differently with hardly any light. It feels like a glitch in textures. I don't know, but it looks so dark and real, compared to the rest of her body which is pretty digital/ethereal and bright. Other than that, no issues, at at all.

ERICATHERINE
11-27-2016, 11:46 PM
I must say that I totally cannot understand what's so negative about this remaster. I'm playing on PS4, and everything seems to be great. The textures and visuals are definitely better, the music, the animations, the frame-rate, the cutscenes, the voice acting..etc. I never faced any bugs, let alone game-breaking ones, nor did I see this weird climbing that people have been posting about, nor did I encounter any issues that the original games did not have.

This. ^-^

Billiam301
12-01-2016, 12:32 AM
can you replay missions on the remastered version of AC2? (excluding assassin tombs)

SixKeys
12-01-2016, 02:29 AM
can you replay missions on the remastered version of AC2? (excluding assassin tombs)

Nope, sorry.

Ureh
12-01-2016, 10:21 PM

Memory is a bit rusty but I seem to remember Assassination Contracts (the ones from the pigeon coops) being replayable on ps3 (and 360 & PC as well). I haven't picked up the collection yet but I'm wondering if at least those can still be replayed?

LoyalACFan
12-02-2016, 10:54 AM
The second is how Minerva's face is done differently with hardly any light. It feels like a glitch in textures. I don't know, but it looks so dark and real, compared to the rest of her body which is pretty digital/ethereal and bright. Other than that, no issues, at at all.

I actually made my first post before finishing the game completely (was still mid-Battle of Forli, I think) but yeah, you're right, Minerva is noticeably less awe-inspiring in the remaster. There's less of an "aura" about her, and her face protrudes past the lines that cover the rest of her, so it just looks like a normal human face stuck onto an otherwordly being.

Ureh
12-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Did the giant squid get any attention? That'd be the first thing to check when you stop by Visitazione.

ERICATHERINE
12-03-2016, 04:01 AM
Did the giant squid get any attention? That'd be the first thing to check when you stop by Visitazione.

I can confirm the ac ii octopus easter egg is still there. ^-^

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2016, 04:04 PM
I actually made my first post before finishing the game completely (was still mid-Battle of Forli, I think) but yeah, you're right, Minerva is noticeably less awe-inspiring in the remaster. There's less of an "aura" about her, and her face protrudes past the lines that cover the rest of her, so it just looks like a normal human face stuck onto an otherwordly being.

When you play Brotherhood, you'll see Minerva done in a hell-lot better way than ACII ending. She's literally perfect in Brotherhood. So I feel like this is some sort of glitch. I hope they could update the game and fix some of the issues others are reporting and this too, but I don't know how long they're willing to support this remaster.

DukeLeto7
12-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Question:

Do they include the various custom levels and exclusive content in the Ezio Collection?

Such as the Templar Lairs for AC2 (Medici Palace, the Friari), the Copernicus content for ACB and the Lost Archive for ACR?

ERICATHERINE
12-06-2016, 01:07 AM
Question:

Do they include the various custom levels and exclusive content in the Ezio Collection?

Such as the Templar Lairs for AC2 (Medici Palace, the Friari), the Copernicus content for ACB and the Lost Archive for ACR?

Yes for everything. ^-^

DukeLeto7
12-06-2016, 02:00 PM
One more question:

I have an existing PC UPlay account.

If I get a XBox One, as I am considering, will the Uplay account, and its ACB and ACR Multiplayer progress, be shared by the two?

EzioLia2390
12-06-2016, 04:48 PM
Ubisoft with the ezio collection now being out, this is the last chance to request one thing. I like many other AC fans would love to use the original outfits for AC2 and brotherhood in game. The outfits I am referring to are the ones that were in the e3 trailers and promotional images before each games release. In AC2 it was the brown glove as the second hidden blade. In brotherhood it was the matching metal bracers with no glove. The glove was made available in brotherhood but just didn't look the same. I don't know if you could do a dlc outfit pack or an update but we need these outfits. This is our last chance at playing with ezio so our last chance at these classic outfits. If you could make this happen, me and many other AC fans would really appreciate it.

ERICATHERINE
12-06-2016, 06:09 PM
One more question:

I have an existing PC UPlay account.

If I get a XBox One, as I am considering, will the Uplay account, and its ACB and ACR Multiplayer progress, be shared by the two?

There is no multiplayer at all in the Ezio collection. ^-^

Ubisoft with the ezio collection now being out, this is the last chance to request one thing. I like many other AC fans would love to use the original outfits for AC2 and brotherhood in game. The outfits I am referring to are the ones that were in the e3 trailers and promotional images before each games release. In AC2 it was the brown glove as the second hidden blade. In brotherhood it was the matching metal bracers with no glove. The glove was made available in brotherhood but just didn't look the same. I don't know if you could do a dlc outfit pack or an update but we need these outfits. This is our last chance at playing with ezio so our last chance at these classic outfits. If you could make this happen, me and many other AC fans would really appreciate it.

For ac ii, I don't know, but for ac b I clearly remember that, at some point, Ezio wasn't wearing any glove, even if I buyed the metal one a couple of sequence ago. If I remember correctly, it was in the sequence where we have to save Machiavelli from La Volpe, between the first and second main missions. I don't remember if it started before that or if it continued after that. I'm on ps4, by the way.

EzioLia2390
12-06-2016, 10:03 PM
There is no multiplayer at all in the Ezio collection. ^-^

For ac ii, I don't know, but for ac b I clearly remember that, at some point, Ezio wasn't wearing any glove, even if I buyed the metal one a couple of sequence ago. If I remember correctly, it was in the sequence where we have to save Machiavelli from La Volpe, between the first and second main missions. I don't remember if it started before that or if it continued after that. I'm on ps4, by the way.

Well AC2 I know for sure doesnt. In AC2 you have to buy the second hidden blade from Leonardo. It's the glove. Then you can by the wrist guards at a shop.

Farlander1991
12-06-2016, 10:30 PM
Well AC2 I know for sure doesnt. In AC2 you have to buy the second hidden blade from Leonardo. It's the glove. Then you can by the wrist guards at a shop.

That's in ACB. In AC2 you get the second hidden blade with main story progression, and vambrace goes with it (so you can't have just a single glove without a vambrace, though on pre-release screenshots it was like that).

EzioLia2390
12-06-2016, 11:11 PM
That's in ACB. In AC2 you get the second hidden blade with main story progression, and vambrace goes with it (so you can't have just a single glove without a vambrace, though on pre-release screenshots it was like that).

Yea your right it was brotherhood that is my mistake. I know it's not in game and just concept art. That is my point. This is the ezio collection. The last chance we have to get these outfits and would love if ubisoft could find a way.

Sorrosyss
12-28-2016, 04:27 PM
Finally finished the Collection. Its funny how you realise how many things you miss from the older games nowadays.

- A modern day protagonist
- Blend
- Proper ambient music tracks
- Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe
- Hidden Blade Combat
- Hoods always up
- Multiple cities being better than one
- Swordplay
- Brotherhood's excellent combat system (execution streaks, kick for guard break etc, with no stupid slow mo's or zoom ins)
- Ezio's ACR outfit being one of the best in the series

And one thing I don't miss;
- Instant failure in 'Do not be detected' missions. Bleh.

The only issues I really encountered was with music, mostly on AC2, but some on ACB too. Namely the music just cutting out and vanishing completely. Beyond that all was ok. Still wish they'd chucked in at least one of the multiplayer's. Oh well.