PDA

View Full Version : How was Al Mualin...? [SPOILERS]

joshoolhorst
11-19-2016, 04:03 PM
How could he turn from Templar to Assassin Mentor?
BTW there are no subtitles in AC1 so I can't really hear everything

LoyalACFan
11-19-2016, 04:05 PM
I'm pretty sure he wasn't actually a Templar, he just temporarily allied himself with them so he could steal the Apple out from under them for himself.

SixKeys
11-19-2016, 08:56 PM
What Loyal said. Al Mualim is one of the few antagonists in the series who wasn't actually a Templar, just working towards his own goals.

cawatrooper9
11-21-2016, 04:18 PM
I was always a little confused by this, too. Doesn't deSable refer to Al Mualim as a Templar to Altair at some point?

I always kind of viewed it as Mualim adopting a Templar-like mindset while not officially being a Templar.

Black_Widow9
11-21-2016, 08:00 PM
I've done it for you this time but please make sure to put the SPOILER tag in your titles without giving away anything. We want to make sure the games aren't ruined for new players right now.

Thanks ;)

SixKeys
11-22-2016, 08:12 PM
I was always a little confused by this, too. Doesn't deSable refer to Al Mualim as a Templar to Altair at some point?

I always kind of viewed it as Mualim adopting a Templar-like mindset while not officially being a Templar.

Robert: "Nine men he sent you to kill, yes? The nine who guarded the treasure's secret."
Alta´r: "What of it?"
Robert: "It wasn't nine who found the treasure, Assassin. Not nine, but ten."

Basically he doesn't say Al Mualim was a Templar, only that he was present at the discovery of the Apple.

Namikaze_17
11-22-2016, 10:36 PM
Otso Berg basically confirms it.

https://youtu.be/vkLrc-iUH-0

To summarize: he used Alta´r to get rid of the Templars while also seizing power to eventually betray the Assassins & conquer the Holy Land. In hindsight, it was pretty genius.