PDA

View Full Version : Why is the patch called 1.1b?

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi all,

I am just wondering why the called the patch 1.1b?

AFAIK this is the first patch for FB which is released for the whole audience - right?

Wouldn't it be less confusing if this patch would be named: 1.0A?

Like this, some people (like me) might get the feeling that they have missed something.

What do you think about this?

I know, this might not be the most important thing at the time the patch is released but...

Cannot wait to get a new hard disc to be able to play FB and its first patch. If it wouldn't be so good weather, I think I wouldn't surive an evening without it.

Enjoy the patch - I hope it addresses many of the things we wanted to have corrected/added.

Michael the WildeSau

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:26 PM
Hi all,

I am just wondering why the called the patch 1.1b?

AFAIK this is the first patch for FB which is released for the whole audience - right?

Wouldn't it be less confusing if this patch would be named: 1.0A?

Like this, some people (like me) might get the feeling that they have missed something.

What do you think about this?

I know, this might not be the most important thing at the time the patch is released but...

Cannot wait to get a new hard disc to be able to play FB and its first patch. If it wouldn't be so good weather, I think I wouldn't surive an evening without it.

Enjoy the patch - I hope it addresses many of the things we wanted to have corrected/added.

Michael the WildeSau

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:29 PM
Maybe yes maybe no, who really cares what they call it.

It's the developer's problem if he wants to call it 1.1b instead of just plain 1.1 ,or 1.01, or 1.A etc. The developer will have to sort out all the questions from peole looking to update.

Why not FB_1st_update, FB_2nd_Update that would make it even clearer.

----------------- /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I can't believe I'm responding to this post. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:33 PM
I beilive b stands for beta. And 1 for 1st patch. So, 1st beta patch... /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:43 PM
In my line of work version 1.0 is a really bad version and something you should stay off.
A version 1.0 is often very buggy.

So maybe they were thinking along those lines and added 0.1?

And the "b" could stand for...ehhh...mebby...Bingo?

Or the first 1 stands for a full new version while the 0.1 stand for revision of full new version.
And b for beta.

http://members.chello.se/ven/milton.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 01:49 PM
Actually, this is the 2nd FB patch. There is a lil patch for the russian version, so B looks right for me.

<Center>http://gavca.com/conteudo/imagens/fb/FB_p-47_jambock1.jpg <Center>
<Center>1st Brazilian Fighter Squadron - Senta a Pua! (http://www.gavca.com)<Center>

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:03 PM
I think the b in 1.1b stands for bastard child of 1.0. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:11 PM
WildeSau wrote:
- Hi all,
-
- I am just wondering why the called the patch 1.1b?

Well, they tried to name it "Henry", but it was a bit of a failure. The d_mn thing just wouldn't come when ya called, which caused a bit of a traumatic delay. So they settled for something more computer'ish. It might be a bit late-90's, but the patch seems to be happy with it, so who cares?

Anyway, is that really a question someone named "WildeSau" should ask? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

cheers/slush

http://dk.groups.yahoo.com/group/aktivitetsdage/files/Eurotrolls.gif

You can't handle the truth!
Col. Jessep

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 03:17 PM
i've heard that they made a patch before but they did not release it... so tihis is the same patch but they made so much changes that they decided to call it B... Dunno if it's true...

<center>[i]1mg to me and ur down /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif [i]</center>

<center>-=‚'EverdarK<|>Tracer‚'=-</center>