PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client – November 2016 Update - Windows XP Support Ends

Ubi-Johan
11-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Hello Folks,

A new version of the Uplay PC Client will be released today, a lot of 'under the hood' changes and bug fixes. (NOTE: Windows XP users will no longer receive future client updates)

Changes in this release:

Chromium Embedded Framework has been updated to a newer more secure version
Removed future Windows XP support as a result of the above change. (NOTE: Windows XP users will no longer receive future client updates)
Added DirectX 12 support for the overlay
Added an option to define launch arguments for games that support them

Bug Fixes:

Fixed the “Copy” button that wasn’t working when attempting to copy a product key from a game page
Fixed Action completed notifications not showing up via the overlay while in offline mode.
Fixed some text overlapping button boundaries for certain languages
Fixed an infinite loading scenario when attempting to activate a disabled product key
Fixed the “Get More DLC” link leading to an empty page for Steam users
Fixed a rare crash that would sometimes occur during account creation while recovering from a lost internet connection
Fixed the “View game details” link shown when downloading update not being accessible with a controller
Fixed game tiles in the “Free games” section not displaying the full name of the game

/ Johan

Aghi_NOR
11-17-2016, 04:04 PM
My Uplay Launcher have stopped working after latest patch, getting a crash everytime I start it, I run Win7pro, where do I send the crash dump/information? I can't play my games without it, all games are online games, no offline games at all, but couldn't have played them if I had them, because I have no access to my games with out Uplay, which crashes even before logging in window!!! O_o

Luca_94b
11-17-2016, 04:13 PM
I never had problems, but after today update AVG does not make me start uplay.

The locked file is: libcef.dll
reason: win32/heim.C

decent-player
11-18-2016, 06:35 PM
the update is great but becouse of it i canot log in to my account it says:

Ubisoft service is not available at the time

and it says that since yersterday