PDA

View Full Version : Cannot Update AC3 and can't download the DLC's.

M4RHUN
11-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Hello,
Its going to be a long story.

I live in Hungary and i bought Assassin's Creed III Join or Die edition on release day (bad mistake). When i activated the game, it registered in my library as Assassin's Creed III - CZ (localization for hungarian subtitles). My game was unplayable in the first few months, low framerate, multiplayer graphics glitches etc. so i abandoned it for at least a year. In 2014 looked back to it and it ran almost perfectly, so i completed it to 100% and bought the Season Pass too.

Today:
It's 2016, I thought i replay this game, because it is one of my favourites. Okay so Uplay was updated since i last saw it in 2014 and i immediately noticed that CZ is missing from the game's name....okay no problem. I started to download the INSTALLER of the game, so when its was completed i had to install the game MANUALLY like 10 years ago..... and the game didnt update automatically.
When the installation was done and I launched the game, the game updater FAILED everytime with this error:

Trying to get update information to C:\Users\Martin\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiA123.tmp.
File parsing unsuccessful.
Update service cannot continue.

I found the patches here: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000016866/Patch-links-and-information-for-Assassin-s-Creed-III-1364550534177
Not some random malware crap, these are the official patches! Guess what, none of them worked. It gave me this error: "This update is not compatible with the current installed version of the game."

Well then, let's download the DLC's from uplay and the game's Tab, DID NOT WORK EITHER, Error message: "Uplay can't start the download. Please check your internet connection and make sure to have enough storage, try again." Are you serious???

MY guess is, that my game version is no longer in the ubistore or uplay whatever database, because it is for my region (CZ-HU) that is no longer valid or something like this. What if I ask the Support to delete the current version from my library and then buy a new Deluxe Edition the a GLOBAL localization.

Also when i try to download any other game, its the up-to-date version and I have no problems with them, only with AC3.
I sent a ticket to the support about this problem too.
What's your opinion about this mess?:confused:

M4RHUN
11-17-2016, 12:51 PM
Any help please? Should I ask the support to delete the game from my library and then buy it again?