PDA

View Full Version : [Updated 12/20] Watch Dogs 2 Seamless Multiplayer Status

Electr1cPanda
11-15-2016, 04:33 AM
12/20 STATUS UPDATE

The last portion of our multiplayer was enabled on Friday, Dec. 16th: Neutral Encounters. Now as you explore San Francisco, you will seamlessly meet up with other players in your world, who you can choose to team up with in coop encounters.

---------

11/23 STATUS UPDATE

We're happy to announce that the second phase of seamless multiplayer was brought online at 8:30 a.m. PST / 11:30 a.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. CET for both Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

You'll now be able to access the following additional multiplayer features:

- Bounty Hunts can happen seamlessly without the Multiplayer App
- Seamless Hacking Invasions
- Seamless DedSec Events w/ other players
- Seamless co-op mission invitations

Though seamless online activities are working well, we are continuing to work on making searching for activities through the multiplayer app more reliable, and will continue to monitor online performance.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to activate the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We hope you continue to enjoy exploring and hacking the open-world of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Please don't forget to share your feedback about the game and online play on the subreddit or here on the official forums. We look forward to hearing from you.

---------

11/22 STATUS UPDATE

Update: Phase 1 of Seamless Multiplayer for Xbox One has now been activated with the approval of Title Update 1.05, now available for download. To make sure you have the patch, you may need to restart your console. We will continue to monitor online performance on both platforms before rolling out the remaining online features. We will give an update in the next 24-48 hours.

We're happy to share the good news that we brought the first phase of seamless multiplayer online at 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST / 5 p.m. CET for Playstation 4 and we anticipate that seamless multiplayer for Xbox One will be activated by early afternoon PST / evening EST / night CET.

This coincides with the release of Title Update 1.05, which also contains important crash fixes that improve stability. While the overall number of players affected by crashes isn't high, those who are crashing are experiencing the problem repeatedly.

With seamless multiplayer reactivated, you'll be able to experience the following multiplayer features via the Multiplayer App:

- Invite friends to co-op or search for new co-op partners
- Hack into a rival hacker's world
- Find targets for Bounty Hunts or trigger a bounty on themselves

We'll continue to monitor the online stability of the seamless multiplayer features and should everything continue to run smoothly, we'll activate the final phase of seamless multiplayer, unlocking the following additional multiplayer features: Bounty mode without the use of the app (will occur seamlessly in-world), and encountering other players in the world to complete co-op missions and DedSec events with.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to implement the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We will continue to provide periodic updates throughout this process. We're looking forward to seeing some cool gameplay content from you in these multiplayer modes, so don't forget to share!

---------

11/21 STATUS UPDATE

We were not able to turn the seamless online mode on this weekend, but we are making progress and tomorrow we will have more information to share regarding the solution.

---------

11/17 STATUS UPDATE

We have an update regarding the status of the seamless multiplayer.

As you know, we’ve been prioritizing finding a solution to the online connection frame rate issue, so we can activate the seamless multiplayer feature in the game. We’re currently conducting extensive internal testing of a solution to ensure it causes no regression to the core single player experience, as well as smoothly integrates into the seamless multiplayer.

If the solution works as intended, we would begin deploying the fix in a patch and turn on seamless multiplayer as soon as this weekend. This is the scenario that we are all hoping for. But if during these tests we see that the game's stability with seamless multiplayer still needs work, seamless online will remain deactivated and we will continue to investigate and test solutions.

We sincerely appreciate your support and patience during this process. Meanwhile, you still have full access to the open world, campaign, side activities and the opportunity to play Co-op missions or free roam with your friends.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to visit our Watch Dogs 2 official site (http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-US/news/index.aspx). If you experience any other issues, please report them in the bug report section of the forums.

We’ve been loving all of the videos and screenshots you’ve been sharing so far and are glad you’ve been having a good time with the game. Keep playing, keep sharing, have fun, and hack everything!

-The Watch Dogs 2 Community Team

---------

ORIGINAL POST

Watch Dogs 2 is launching worldwide today and we are so excited for you to play the game.

With this exciting launch period, we wanted to take some time and explain a situation we’re currently facing with the game that will affect your online gameplay experience. During the pre-launch phase of Watch Dogs 2, we were disappointed to discover an issue tied to the seamless multiplayer feature that caused the game to lag and crash periodically.

In order to eliminate this issue at launch, we have decided to wait to launch the seamless multiplayer feature until this issue can be fixed, and to make sure it doesn’t impact the core gameplay experience. Through our testing, we’ve found that players encountering seamless online are also affected by this lag issue, hence our need to temporarily shut down seamless multiplayer for all. The Watch Dogs 2 development team’s priority is working on fixing this issue.

To be clear, you can play the full single-player campaign normally. Additionally, co-op is still fully functional by inviting friends through the game menu. However, the Bounty-Hunter mode and other activities that would occur with other outside players who enter your game will be unavailable until the issue is resolved. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to check the Watch Dogs 2 website (http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/). If you experience any other issues, please report them here on our official forums.

The Watch Dogs 2 development team will continue to work hard to improve the game and are there to hear your feedback. Thank you for playing!

Roobie89
11-15-2016, 11:14 PM
When is "Today" because of "today" is almost done over here ^^

blackdiavel
11-16-2016, 12:06 AM
Hi all, so I get home today and insert shiny new WD 2 disc into nice shiny xBox one and the disc flies and installs all the data necessary....great, then upon starting the game, I get the old " watch dogs 2 needs an update" message, no problem.....only it just keeps saying that there is problem with the update and it won't download....so I am stuck with another coaster if you guys can't shed some light on this.....

Balos-
11-16-2016, 01:24 AM
I like ubisoft and their games but seriously, i dont understand how it possible to launch this game without the multiplayer and how you guys manage to not found this HUGE framerate issue involving the whole multiplayer before the launch of the game? I cant figure out you guys didnt see this earlier. The solo of the game is great but i miss the multiplayer wich is for me a core part of the game experience. You did a great job on the game but this is so frustrating...

SNUBKILLER75
11-16-2016, 04:18 AM
Should of had a beta.

IsatarFPS
11-16-2016, 10:57 AM
I really like watchdogs 2, but since the multiplayer is a component of the single-player, a lot is lost due to the error.(Especially because it goes seamlessly)

The problem is now, if I play through the singleplayer, I would then have to go back into the game purely only for the multiplayer.
If the Multiplayer would work now, both could work seamlessly together and it would feel complete.

So please Ubisoft, tell us a date when to expect the Multiplayer!!!!!

Invictius
11-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi, can we get a update on this? ive stopped playing single player till this is fixed. want best of both worlds sp/mp in the game, so a update would be appreciated, and i can guess im not the only one.

Padawan Spiegel
11-17-2016, 06:23 AM
Still No update on this? Come on guys we need some more info.

Darkwing1708
11-17-2016, 12:05 PM
I bought a game WITH multiplayer.
If it didnt have multiplayer i wouldnt buy it.

Give me my money back?

Creed_Bratton_
11-17-2016, 12:15 PM
I bought a game WITH multiplayer.
If it didnt have multiplayer i wouldnt buy it.

Give me my money back?

yeah because a discussion forum will get you your money back.

Hope to get some info on the patch too but certification process is always a pain in the arse communication-wise.

Invictius
11-17-2016, 12:54 PM
I know i can be a pain to get things like this fixed, but they don't want to leave it to long to sort, it really needs to be fixed before the pc release.

armorw
11-17-2016, 04:15 PM
Hi and thank you very much to developpers of this awesome game!

Do you think you could possibly add more icons showing what type of ennemy we encounter in the game?
For example, in the first Watch Dogs, we could see that this ennemy was a sniper, this other one was able to call reinforcements etc... after scanning them, without selecting directly the man. There was more lisibility of the characters in a sneaking mission.
In Watch Dogs 2 it's pretty hard to see where are the ennemies even after scanning them all.

And do you think possible to add more different colours for "hacking icons"? It's hard to see sometimes what L1 button is going to activate, a car, a PNJ, a bomb etc...

Thank you very much again for this game! Watch dogs 2 is my game of the year! :)

armorw
11-18-2016, 12:59 PM
I noticed there are framerate drops sometimes in the PS4 PRO version. That would be great if you could do something about it. Thanks again! :)

LostScotsman
11-18-2016, 01:53 PM
this probably sounds silly, as i know little about game testing. But is this issue not something that would have been picked up during testing of the multiplayer side of the game? seems weird that it would be fine as the game went to publish, then all of a sudden it doesnt work. or, did it never work and you released the game anyway?

Richardtwoballs
11-19-2016, 04:20 AM
I got work on Monday when the is it going to be online can't believe you can charge that much for a game you have made a sequel of and haven't figured out how too get it working from the first time I want a good session or It tomorrow night before it's back to work or you've ducked my weekend up !

Creed_Bratton_
11-20-2016, 10:47 AM
this probably sounds silly, as i know little about game testing. But is this issue not something that would have been picked up during testing of the multiplayer side of the game? seems weird that it would be fine as the game went to publish, then all of a sudden it doesnt work. or, did it never work and you released the game anyway?

sad thing is, ubi seems to have a general problem with QA/testing, there's a bug in R6's most recent update where when a certain operator uses his gadget for the first time in a round randomly selected users in the game drop to 0FPS or even crash out of the game.

Alexanderfreyr
11-20-2016, 03:25 PM
I like ubisoft and their games but seriously, i dont understand how it possible to launch this game without the multiplayer and how you guys manage to not found this HUGE framerate issue involving the whole multiplayer before the launch of the game? I cant figure out you guys didnt see this earlier. The solo of the game is great but i miss the multiplayer wich is for me a core part of the game experience. You did a great job on the game but this is so frustrating...

They can't really spot a problem that originates from 10s of thousands of people playing the game without the 10 thousand ;P

jakey2439
11-20-2016, 09:10 PM
How much longer? i've been unable to carry on with the story for 4 days due to a bug, unable to play online since release. Such a dissapointing release for such a good game.

Drbeowulf
11-21-2016, 06:03 PM
Ubi you need to give us an update. You said this weekend...now its Monday. Update your consumers. I've stopped playing the game because I'm waiting for the patch. Don't make us return the game on account of false advertisement.

DRAGONEK999
11-21-2016, 07:36 PM
yeah, new update please.

btw maybe some good hackers could help with this multiplayer problem :confused:

Noizeconstructo
11-21-2016, 08:52 PM
... and still no update or patch? Come on...

It's the same in nearly all Ubisoft releases.

Are first buyers better BETA-testers for you?

Get the multiplayer online, I finished the Singleplayer and without multiplayer there is nothing to do.

Dracoliat
11-21-2016, 09:59 PM
Hey Ubisoft... UPDATE NEEDED You said it may be available this weekend. it wasn't... no worries, but at least tell us what your next goal is, or what went wrong. ;leaving us all in the dark is not a good way to get people to support or continue to support you. A large portion of the game's replay-ability is based on the multiplayer. a lot of people have already beat the single player, and are now losing interest. If you want to continue to make money from this game you need support from early buyers. Otherwise a much larger than normal number of customers will trade in their games, and many sales will be lost since used is always cheaper.

So please go try to keep our support by keeping us up to date.

Noizeconstructo
11-22-2016, 12:17 AM
11/21 STATUS UPDATE

We were not able to turn the seamless online mode on this weekend, but we are making progress and tomorrow we will have more information to share regarding the solution.

... seems hard to find a solution, that works with thousands of players, WITHOUT the thousands of players ;)

Predicted Status Update 11/22:

Currently we aren't able to turn on the seamless multiplayer mode, but we are making progress and hope that it perhaps gets online again with the release of the PC version... well, maybe, under best circumstances, at least we hope so...

DrasticDisc0700
11-22-2016, 12:41 AM
A little disappointing to find this issue hasn't been fixed yet but at least I've been able to progress my character and learn more about the game in preparation for Online. I just wish that when we play Online we didn't have to play as Marcus. I want to play as a female character.

rick92647
11-22-2016, 01:40 AM
Is there a refund possibility for this game? (as it was marketed, promoted as a part PVP game) consumers paid for that and its was not delivered as promised. Ubisoft needs to step up.

Bloodfrenzy187
11-22-2016, 05:22 AM
This is a pretty sad update for people waiting all weekend. Glad you could spare 2 sentences of your time to keep the community in the dark.

fauxtronic
11-22-2016, 05:10 PM
Just got patch 1.05 (PS4) but have no idea if it fixes the seamless multiplayer problem because Ubisoft can't be bothered entering anything useful in the patch notes section (https://i.imgur.com/rFH1OQc.jpg). Needless to say, there's nothing about patch 1.05 at watchdogs.com but why make people go there when Sony let them include notes with the patch?

MDOG6969
11-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Where do I get a refund this game is not complete and it's missing major gameplay components

Drbeowulf
11-22-2016, 05:30 PM
Just when we thought Ubisoft has finally learned their lesson from Assassins Creed Unity....they continue on their destructive path. You guys are the sole reason for the collapse of the "pre-order" system. Its not what it used to be because we can't trust you guys. I guess the same goes for buying your games at launch. We become the designated Beta testers.
You need to shake up your QA team. You deeply integrated the seamless multiplayer in Watch Dogs 2 so don't tell us to continue playing the single player.

armorw
11-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Thank you very much for the 1.05 patch and for your work! :)

Munktor
11-22-2016, 06:16 PM
So many haters in here. They just updated. Within 7 days of the launch and the issues with multiplayer, they announce they have the fix and are releasing it today. Cry less guys =)

jakey2439
11-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Nice. too bad i've been unable to find a target for 10 minutes now and my story has been bugged for 6 days.

elizacron
11-22-2016, 07:29 PM
I've actually been able to hack today! I hacked about 7-8 times and was hacked a couple of times. Now it can't find someone for me to hack. I think maybe it is still bugged, but I consider this to be progress! Glad to just be able to hack at this point. Bounty hunting also worked for me.

Now Ubi just needs to make it stable. Ubi - are you going to continue to work on making the Online Hacking more stable and easier to find a match?

jakey2439
11-22-2016, 08:36 PM
So hard to get a game, please fix. Waited long enough as it is.

ElBiggus
11-22-2016, 08:51 PM
I've pretty much been trying solidly since it went live and have so far only managed to initiate two hacks, one bounty on my head, and one attempt at chasing down a bounty. The game modes all work perfectly (although the loading screens kind of make them a drag) but matchmaking is plainly broken. Still, it's kind of progress, I guess?

Drbeowulf
11-22-2016, 09:22 PM
So many haters in here. They just updated. Within 7 days of the launch and the issues with multiplayer, they announce they have the fix and are releasing it today. Cry less guys =)

We all appreciate the fact that Ubi fixed the issue today. Its awesome.But you have no authority to demonize unhappy customers. You're the real problem. Its consumers like us that support Ubi, buy their games on launch and spread the word. Each and every one of us deserves to let a company know when they're getting off track. Its that simple.

jakey2439
11-22-2016, 09:39 PM
Can't seem to get a single game, dissapointing..was hyped for this after hearing about it.

Munktor
11-22-2016, 10:08 PM
We all appreciate the fact that Ubi fixed the issue today. Its awesome.But you have no authority to demonize unhappy customers. You're the real problem. Its consumers like us that support Ubi, buy their games on launch and spread the word. Each and every one of us deserves to let a company know when they're getting off track. Its that simple.

I apologize if you feel I generalized everyone. I did try to specify the people I was demonizing. Literally, just the "haters". Are you telling me some of the mocking/hateful and "gimme a refund" posts are constructive?

ElBiggus
11-22-2016, 10:33 PM
I apologize if you feel I generalized everyone. I did try to specify the people I was demonizing. Literally, just the "haters". Are you telling me some of the mocking/hateful and "gimme a refund" posts are constructive?
Yes. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing)

Munktor
11-22-2016, 10:42 PM
Yes. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_policing) Not even close to what that logical fallacy discusses, but in the better interests of the community that may want to review this thread for actual updates and input on progress for the game...I'll say "you win" and just mute the people that can't seem to discuss in a civil manner.

ElBiggus
11-22-2016, 10:59 PM
Not even close to what that logical fallacy discusses, but in the better interests of the community that may want to review this thread for actual updates and input on progress for the game...I'll say "you win" and just mute the people that can't seem to discuss in a civil manner.

You're saying that people are allowed to be dissatisfied, but their opinion only counts if they express their dissatisfaction in a calm and orderly manner. You are tone policing. (That Wikipedia article is a bit of a mess, but it's about the only one I could find that wasn't written specifically from a feminism/racism/otherism point of view and there's no quicker way of getting dismissed as an SJW than posting a link to Jezebel.)

Sure, maybe it's "more constructive" for people to enumerate the ways in which they are dissatisfied and suggest resolutions to these problems, but in the long run doing that is no more effective -- a great many people have been saying for a long time that the games industry's habit of releasing games that don't work as advertised is getting tiresome, and they have done so in a rational and thoughtful manner, but it's not done one tiny bit to fix the problem, so if people have had enough and just want to shout and swear that they've had enough then that's a) perfectly permissible, and b) does at least as much good (and perhaps more good than doing it "politely" -- it's much easier to ignore a bunch of people writing polite but stern letters than it is a mob of people outside your window with pitchforks and torches.

jakey2439
11-22-2016, 11:21 PM
it's taking so long to find a game, 90% of the time not even finding one. when are you fixing this?

DrasticDisc0700
11-22-2016, 11:25 PM
Thanks for getting there but why are my only online character options male? Argh. Can you PLEASE put some females in there?

Munktor
11-22-2016, 11:34 PM
You're saying that people are allowed to be dissatisfied, but their opinion only counts if they express their dissatisfaction in a calm and orderly manner. You are tone policing. (That Wikipedia article is a bit of a mess, but it's about the only one I could find that wasn't written specifically from a feminism/racism/otherism point of view and there's no quicker way of getting dismissed as an SJW than posting a link to Jezebel.)

Sure, maybe it's "more constructive" for people to enumerate the ways in which they are dissatisfied and suggest resolutions to these problems, but in the long run doing that is no more effective -- a great many people have been saying for a long time that the games industry's habit of releasing games that don't work as advertised is getting tiresome, and they have done so in a rational and thoughtful manner, but it's not done one tiny bit to fix the problem, so if people have had enough and just want to shout and swear that they've had enough then that's a) perfectly permissible, and b) does at least as much good (and perhaps more good than doing it "politely" -- it's much easier to ignore a bunch of people writing polite but stern letters than it is a mob of people outside your window with pitchforks and torches.

That's the thing though...they didn't ignore anyone. In fact, prior to launch they advised via numerous outlets the issue. They even informed review outlets of the issue (which I bet some Marketing execs discouraged). They provided multiple statements to the community and have pushed forward I believe 3 patches since launch to address bug fixes, crashes, and the seamless online.

This isn't a matter of Ubisoft requiring harsh condemnation for forward progress. This is a matter of childish bravado on an internet gaming board. You're clearly intelligent enough to see the difference, and likely just enjoy discourse...which is why you're playing Devil's Advocate for a stance you don't truly believe in for this particular scenario.

Now, were Ubisoft to be quiet on the whole thing, not provide updates, not released the information in advance of launch, kept an embargo on the reviewers, and left us to swing in the wind...sure. Then I could see how my statements were attempts to tone-police the outraged. But that isn't the case.

elizacron
11-22-2016, 11:38 PM
Thanks for getting there but why are my only online character options male? Argh. Can you PLEASE put some females in there?

This. SO MUCH THIS. We had female options in the first game when we invaded someone's game. Makes NO sense that there are only males in this game. Not only is it ridiculous from a gamer perspective (yes, contrary to popular belief, there ARE females that are gamers), but is also makes it much easier for the Defenders. Why? Because immediately they KNOW to exclude half the NPCs as being the possible hacker. Because they know it can't possibly be a female NPC!!!! This makes absolutely NO sense and is just one more way to make the game balanced towards the Defender rather than the Invader.

Ubi - you need to address this. And patch this. If you took the time to patch the nudity issue (NOT even going to go there), you certainly can take the time to give players the option to have a female avatar when hacking/doing online play.

Simply ridiculous. :(:(:(

sonnycrockett9
11-23-2016, 03:58 AM
Well even with the 2 patches, online,coop etc.. dont work.

cant join or invite any friends and its the same for them.

i guess we are not the only ones.....

jakey2439
11-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Sigh, still unable to find matches. Getting fed up of this game now

Drbeowulf
11-23-2016, 04:52 PM
I played last night for a couple hours.....online match invasions were working perfectly. I also did a online co-op mission without any problems. I had to be fair to Ubi and give them credit for fixing it. Hope it starts working for everybody as well.

MrUbisoftBuds
11-23-2016, 08:17 PM
Now I know this post will merely go out and only catch the attention of those browsing in this Thread and will not affect Ubisoft in the slightest but I am quite tired of going on to Watch_Dogs 2 and hoping I win the flip of the coin and obtain a match for Hacking or Bounty Mode. I can be a very persistent person about trying to do things as such me wasting about 2 hours on Watch_Dogs 2 trying to get the Matchmaking to work at least once but to no avail. I would expect it to at least work once with my time in matchmaking. Now I didn't expect for it to work straight off because after all this is an open world and that alone can cause enough issues but stating the online features are working and not the matchmaking? "Oh why yes the online features are not working but we wish you good luck with the matchmaking process". It is quite saddening really because me and my friend pre-ordered this game long before the news broke out the online would not work and planned to do more than the simple co-op missions together. As a huge Watch_Dogs 1 fan, I do say the launch did not live up to my expectations at least regarding the Online.

Electr1cPanda
11-24-2016, 12:26 AM
Note: There is one remaining minor feature, "neutral encounters," that will only be activated once we're fully comfortable with the performance of the core seamless online experience. This is the feature where you can randomly encounter other players on the street in your world as you explore.

napacehbik
11-24-2016, 03:46 AM
Coop still works strange for me (PS4 original). 1st, I rarely find players if I start any purple mission on the map - a mission starts, it notifies me 'searching for the player', but this notification disappears soon without really finding anyone. And 2nd, I can find players from the multiplayer app, I usually get into the game where someone plays some mission already and it's ok, but I often get disconnected from the 2nd player if some of us starts any next purple mission. Sometimes it works fine saying something like 'the mission is loading' and then we play it together, but often it doesn't say anything and just goes to the usual loading screen with those animated pictures, and after that I'm alone, and the game searches for a new player, once again failing to find anyone. Maybe we need to start the mission together somehow, maybe we're not close enough to each other when one of us starts a mission, or is it just still half broken (sadly, yes, I assume looking at all the multiplayer troubles people having on reddit)?

sonnycrockett9
11-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Even with the phase 2 , me, my friends and other people still cant join/invite anyone (error player is not available and he is just waiting on the side of the road and in the MP Friends section on the phone, he is in green .... or its searching to final say connexion failed/impossible)....

In our network setting we are all ok, opened, all services available, connection and mp connection ok..

But work perfectly in Watch Dogs 1..

LtDANxEyEsCreaM
11-24-2016, 02:07 PM
i haven't been able to get into a single online interaction. Searches forever until saying " no players available at this time." If you cant fix it fine but dont pretend its fixed when its not...

B1G_WYTE
11-24-2016, 11:20 PM
After getting the update, I'm still not able to find bounty or get any kind of multiplayer experience. Only have access to the co op. Is anyone else having the issue with hacking or finding a bounty? It continuously goes through the 3 step cycle of finding opponent, searching near by regions, and searching all regions. All to end up with nothing.

Also, just some words of wisdom to all this non sense... BETA would assist in fixing these issues. Just like every other game does before they launch now days. Lets notice how many games now days actually work when released. There was more success on the original xbox.

Anyone! Please comment if you are having issues with the multiply statement listed above!

moses.057
11-25-2016, 02:43 AM
Xbox one
My friend and I have done a hard reset of the Xbox and even reset our routers
Both of our NAT types are open
all connection tests say all good
I can't connect with my friend for co-op. When I try to join my friend through the in game phone app it says "Teaming up with my friends gamer tag" then
"my friends gamer tag is not available"
Or when I accept his invite it says" Session found. joining" then " unable to connect"
It worked fine before the last update. Now none of the mp features work
PLEASE HELP!

Edit added more info
It also says I need to be connected to Xbox live sometimes even though I am connected and talking to my friend in Xbox party chat.

sonnycrockett9
11-25-2016, 04:20 AM
Xbox one
My friend and I have done a hard reset of the Xbox and even reset our routers
Both of our NAT types are open
all connection tests say all good
I can't connect with my friend for co-op. When I try to join my friend through the in game phone app it says "Teaming up with my friends gamer tag" then
"my friends gamer tag is not available"
Or when I accept his invite it says" Session found. joining" then " unable to connect"
It worked fine before the last update. Now none of the mp features work
PLEASE HELP!

You are not the only one with this prob ;)

xXCopykill1Xx
11-25-2016, 09:58 PM
i had luck and have the chance to hack 5 guys.....1. 90% he did't find me....oh ...Session ends , he have left the game, ok.next.2. 96% the same. Only Number 5 stays in and takes it like a man. I get no points for the *****es that locks out? Didn' t you from Ubisoft remember Watchdogs 1.You make the same mistake and so many serious players stops to play the game. Then you react and give the full points to the hackers and quitters pay points. That was fair. But why do you now give cheatern that quits in session an advantage? So multplayer still not works, cheater get advantages? The first sellings are not so high....do you want to ruin the brand?

MDOG6969
11-27-2016, 05:22 PM
Just wanting to know when this Screen fix patch is comeing out and new or info would be nice

Lion_Ozerov
11-27-2016, 06:03 PM
11/23 STATUS UPDATE

We're happy to announce that the second phase of seamless multiplayer was brought online at 8:30 a.m. PST / 11:30 a.m. EST / 5:30 p.m. CET for both Playstation 4 and Xbox One.

You'll now be able to access the following additional multiplayer features:

- Bounty Hunts can happen seamlessly without the Multiplayer App
- Seamless Hacking Invasions
- Seamless DedSec Events w/ other players
- Seamless co-op mission invitations

Though seamless online activities are working well, we are continuing to work on making searching for activities through the multiplayer app more reliable, and will continue to monitor online performance.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to activate the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We hope you continue to enjoy exploring and hacking the open-world of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Please don't forget to share your feedback about the game and online play on the subreddit or here on the official forums. We look forward to hearing from you.

---------

11/22 STATUS UPDATE

Update: Phase 1 of Seamless Multiplayer for Xbox One has now been activated with the approval of Title Update 1.05, now available for download. To make sure you have the patch, you may need to restart your console. We will continue to monitor online performance on both platforms before rolling out the remaining online features. We will give an update in the next 24-48 hours.

We're happy to share the good news that we brought the first phase of seamless multiplayer online at 8:00 a.m. PST / 11:00 a.m. EST / 5 p.m. CET for Playstation 4 and we anticipate that seamless multiplayer for Xbox One will be activated by early afternoon PST / evening EST / night CET.

This coincides with the release of Title Update 1.05, which also contains important crash fixes that improve stability. While the overall number of players affected by crashes isn't high, those who are crashing are experiencing the problem repeatedly.

With seamless multiplayer reactivated, you'll be able to experience the following multiplayer features via the Multiplayer App:

- Invite friends to co-op or search for new co-op partners
- Hack into a rival hacker's world
- Find targets for Bounty Hunts or trigger a bounty on themselves

We'll continue to monitor the online stability of the seamless multiplayer features and should everything continue to run smoothly, we'll activate the final phase of seamless multiplayer, unlocking the following additional multiplayer features: Bounty mode without the use of the app (will occur seamlessly in-world), and encountering other players in the world to complete co-op missions and DedSec events with.

Thank you for your patience and support while we worked to implement the seamless multiplayer feature of the game. We will continue to provide periodic updates throughout this process. We're looking forward to seeing some cool gameplay content from you in these multiplayer modes, so don't forget to share!

---------

11/21 STATUS UPDATE

---------

11/17 STATUS UPDATE

We have an update regarding the status of the seamless multiplayer.

As you know, we’ve been prioritizing finding a solution to the online connection frame rate issue, so we can activate the seamless multiplayer feature in the game. We’re currently conducting extensive internal testing of a solution to ensure it causes no regression to the core single player experience, as well as smoothly integrates into the seamless multiplayer.

If the solution works as intended, we would begin deploying the fix in a patch and turn on seamless multiplayer as soon as this weekend. This is the scenario that we are all hoping for. But if during these tests we see that the game's stability with seamless multiplayer still needs work, seamless online will remain deactivated and we will continue to investigate and test solutions.

We sincerely appreciate your support and patience during this process. Meanwhile, you still have full access to the open world, campaign, side activities and the opportunity to play Co-op missions or free roam with your friends.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to visit our Watch Dogs 2 official site (http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/watchdogs/en-US/news/index.aspx). If you experience any other issues, please report them in the bug report section of the forums.

We’ve been loving all of the videos and screenshots you’ve been sharing so far and are glad you’ve been having a good time with the game. Keep playing, keep sharing, have fun, and hack everything!

-The Watch Dogs 2 Community Team

---------

ORIGINAL POST

Watch Dogs 2 is launching worldwide today and we are so excited for you to play the game.

With this exciting launch period, we wanted to take some time and explain a situation we’re currently facing with the game that will affect your online gameplay experience. During the pre-launch phase of Watch Dogs 2, we were disappointed to discover an issue tied to the seamless multiplayer feature that caused the game to lag and crash periodically.

In order to eliminate this issue at launch, we have decided to wait to launch the seamless multiplayer feature until this issue can be fixed, and to make sure it doesn’t impact the core gameplay experience. Through our testing, we’ve found that players encountering seamless online are also affected by this lag issue, hence our need to temporarily shut down seamless multiplayer for all. The Watch Dogs 2 development team’s priority is working on fixing this issue.

To be clear, you can play the full single-player campaign normally. Additionally, co-op is still fully functional by inviting friends through the game menu. However, the Bounty-Hunter mode and other activities that would occur with other outside players who enter your game will be unavailable until the issue is resolved. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.

To follow updates on Watch Dogs 2 and follow the status of the seamless multiplayer, please feel free to check the Watch Dogs 2 website (http://watchdogs.ubisoft.com/). If you experience any other issues, please report them here on our official forums.

The Watch Dogs 2 development team will continue to work hard to improve the game and are there to hear your feedback. Thank you for playing!

Dear, Good afternoon!

I'm still having a lot of problems trying to play the game's multiplayer mode. Especially when hunting another player in the game. The system takes a long time to find another player regardless of the time I try. And when I can find a player the same disconnects from the session to avoid being killed. How should I proceed?

Note:
I live and play in Brazil.

Black_Widow9
11-27-2016, 09:53 PM
Dear, Good afternoon!

I'm still having a lot of problems trying to play the game's multiplayer mode. Especially when hunting another player in the game. The system takes a long time to find another player regardless of the time I try. And when I can find a player the same disconnects from the session to avoid being killed. How should I proceed?

Note:
I live and play in Brazil.
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

We’re currently working on a fix for matchmaking issues with the Multiplayer App. If you run into trouble using the app, for now try exploring the world to find those activities seamlessly.

Thanks!

TheRealJes3
01-04-2017, 01:56 PM
I would like for the next update that you would make the online experience more fun. It's not fun to play with only one player in one game session. I would like that to be changed. Also I would like there to be some of PVP mode with multiple players. I am not the only one who has this idea. This will help you get more money trust me.