PDA

View Full Version : Back to no communication

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Would it be safe to say that things are back to normal in terms of UBI not having much communication with the IL2 community? At this point I don't care about release dates but I just can't conceive of how hard it can be to have one representative get on this forum once a week and just give a general update on their progress.

Right now there is no info on how long the beta patch is open for suggested changes and there is no info on whether or not the sound fix will come soon or be in the first add-on. It just seems like these things would be pretty easy to answer so that there is some clarity. It would also be nice to have an official list of bugs that have been found on the open beta and are being addressed so that a person doesn't feel the need to mention them over and over.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 05:19 AM
Would it be safe to say that things are back to normal in terms of UBI not having much communication with the IL2 community? At this point I don't care about release dates but I just can't conceive of how hard it can be to have one representative get on this forum once a week and just give a general update on their progress.

Right now there is no info on how long the beta patch is open for suggested changes and there is no info on whether or not the sound fix will come soon or be in the first add-on. It just seems like these things would be pretty easy to answer so that there is some clarity. It would also be nice to have an official list of bugs that have been found on the open beta and are being addressed so that a person doesn't feel the need to mention them over and over.

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 05:58 AM
It would seem that things are in a transition with Cartrix retiring as community manager. We can hope that when the new CM arrives, communication will be on a more regular basis.

TX-Zen
Black 6
TX Squadron CO
http://www.txsquadron.com
clyndes@hotmail.com (IM only)

XyZspineZyX
08-25-2003, 06:47 AM
Yes I know that the CM is retiring and another is replacing him but that really isn't the issue. Even when Cartrix was active useful and relevant updates were few and far between. I think maybe the game developers or UBI think that an update is tantamount to a promised release date but I don't think it needs to be that way. They could just give out basic progress reports without promises.