PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft in talks with Netflix over an original series?

Namikaze_17
11-08-2016, 06:15 AM
Take it with a grain of salt, but I was interested by what was stated here. (http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN13215R)

What do you guys think? Could we possibly be looking at an Assassin's Creed TV series?

cawatrooper9
11-08-2016, 03:11 PM
I think a TV series could work better than a movie, to be honest- especially with the caliber of TV companies like Netflix and HBO have been pumping out recently.

Nami, I know we talked about this a little yesterday, but I think it would be cool to have a few storylines- for instance, a Medieval France one, a Mongolian horde one, a classical Athens one, a WWI one, and an MD storyline, all focused around a specific piece of Eden and all tied together a la Revelations by the end.

m4r-k7
11-08-2016, 03:55 PM
I wouldn't like this personally.

Yes I know it would be cool having an AC TV show, but honestly, Assassins Creed is already in comics, apps, smaller titles, is becoming a movie franchise, books, will be in a theme park etc etc.
For me, AC becomes a lot less special when its literally littered all over the place. Whatever happened to them sticking with awesome story-lines within the actual games, with everything being cohesive and actually relating to each other?

I know a lot of people want more AC in different medias, but I personally can't stand them using AC in literally every media possible. Maybe if they didn't have AC in every single media already and we were back in 2007-2012, yeah an AC series that tied up loose ends would have been awesome.

Namikaze_17
11-08-2016, 05:28 PM
I think a TV series is essentially 'better' for the franchise as there wouldn't be limiting factors such as pacing or trying to establish-then-explain the lore in two hours or "ACTION! KILLING! FLIPS! LEAP. OF. FAITH!!!!" for attention-grabbing sake.

A series could also benefit the Modern Day; there could be proper time given to introducing (possible) new characters and/or storylines that each have a sense of direction or purpose with developments that sorta became lost in the games. Of course, the old MD doesn't have to disappear; there can be mini references or Easter Eggs to Shawn, Rebecca, Vidic or whoever else. I also liked what Cawatropper and I briefly discussed about different time periods and how they could effectively be used to solve some mystery or a grand picture going into each season. Maybe a series could give the writers that kind of creative freedom in the writing than any game or movie could do.

Post-Script: What is with posting or editing posts on a mobile device? It sucks that I write something only for it to be deleted and I have to start over. :(

Nami, I know we talked about this a little yesterday, but I think it would be cool to have a few storylines- for instance, a Medieval France one, a Mongolian horde one, a classical Athens one, a WWI one, and an MD storyline, all focused around a specific piece of Eden and all tied together a la Revelations by the end.

Ohhhhhh yeah! *high fives* :cool:

M4r-K7: lol, I totally forgot about that theme park nonsense XD

ERICATHERINE
11-08-2016, 06:51 PM
I think a tv serie about ac could be awesome. On some rare occasion, they could show small part of the Isu Era, like how Minerva and Jupiter locked away Juno in the grand temple or what did the isu did after the Toba catastrophie, to help the humans. They could also let us learn more about some md characters story and back story. Like for Bishop or Desmond son, for quick exemple. As for the past, I also think it would be great if they tie some loose ends.

Also, a theme park about Assassin's creed. I never heard of that, before. Where is it? ^-^

Sushiglutton
11-08-2016, 07:31 PM
Interesting, wonder which IP. I'd watch an AC show for sure. COuld be a bit like Stargate where they visit some new place with new conflict each episode, but with some overarching story on top (I guess stargate is not the only show like that lol). I'd also watch a Splinter Cell show and PoP.

joshoolhorst
11-08-2016, 07:53 PM
I think a tv serie about ac could be awesome. On some rare occasion, they could show small part of the Isu Era, like how Minerva and Jupiter locked away Juno in the grand temple or what did the isu did after the Toba catastrophie, to help the humans. They could also let us learn more about some md characters story and back story. Like for Bishop or Desmond son, for quick exemple. As for the past, I also think it would be great if they tie some loose ends.

Also, a theme park about Assassin's creed. I never heard of that, before. Where is it? ^-^

That is the perfect way not to care anymore for alot of gamers to put MD in the games -_-
Somethings the game should finish and not put in other media. I mean I don't want to watch a entire show to get my answers in a game

joshoolhorst
11-08-2016, 08:24 PM
KILL Juno and I'm for it.
But because this is me (rolls eyes) The idea would work better in a show and I have more trust in Netflix than in 20th Century Fox. But I am also against it, my Assassin heart loves it but... AC is now everywhere and Ubisoft releases so much AC that I just get tired of it. Some plots are not resolved at all and I don't want a show delaying Junos uprising and even if Junos appears in the show HOW DO YOU END IT? the game started this the game ends it! And if it's bad we have 13 Episodes probably 40 minutes each Episode. We see how the movie turns out first.
I just have a hard time explaining my feels towards this. the closest show to AC original on Netflix I think is Semse8 at that is not AC!

I wouldn't like this personally.

Yes I know it would be cool having an AC TV show, but honestly, Assassins Creed is already in comics, apps, smaller titles, is becoming a movie franchise, books, will be in a theme park etc etc.
For me, AC becomes a lot less special when its literally littered all over the place. Whatever happened to them sticking with awesome story-lines within the actual games, with everything being cohesive and actually relating to each other?

I know a lot of people want more AC in different medias, but I personally can't stand them using AC in literally every media possible. Maybe if they didn't have AC in every single media already and we were back in 2007-2012, yeah an AC series that tied up loose ends would have been awesome.

SixKeys
11-08-2016, 11:46 PM
A TV series based on modern day could be a good compromise between those who want MD to remain an important part of the franchise and those who would prefer the games to focus on historical content. It would also be more cost-effective than a history-based AC series where you would have to spend a lot of time and money on costumes, props and locations. Would love a show based mainly on MD with some short historical interludes peppered throughout. A bit like superhero shows where most of the time we see characters in everyday situations with a few big-budget superhero moments in each episode.

cawatrooper9
11-08-2016, 11:54 PM
A TV series based on modern day could be a good compromise between those who want MD to remain an important part of the franchise and those who would prefer the games to focus on historical content. It would also be more cost-effective than a history-based AC series where you would have to spend a lot of time and money on costumes, props and locations. Would love a show based mainly on MD with some short historical interludes peppered throughout. A bit like superhero shows where most of the time we see characters in everyday situations with a few big-budget superhero moments in each episode.

Throw in some Watch_Dogs crossovers events and you get my vote.

ze_topazio
11-09-2016, 12:31 AM
I've always said AC would work better as a tv series than as a movie.

I also agree each season should focus on a different protagonist in different places and periods.

Since we're into suggestions, how about finally revealing the identity and story of the mysterious Assassin who stabbed Hitler in the neck.

Sigma 1313
11-09-2016, 12:43 AM
I agree ze! They should focus on a new era every season. I think this idea would also be a good one (like chronicles games) for exploring settings that wouldn't work as well in the main games like the wild west, WW2, 1920s prohibition era, Vietnam, etc.

Smithies89
11-09-2016, 05:46 AM
I'm one of the ones who doesn't care too much for modern day stuff I just want stories about assassins in interesting time periods

Since I started watching Vikings I have been imagining an Assassins Creed TV show presented in a similar way, Start the story with someone who ends up joining the Brotherhood and his/her early days as an assassin with the occasional time jumps and by later series the main character is a veteran master assassin.

If it was done it would have to be done carefully, the writers should thrash out all the vital plot points early on and have a clear understanding where the show will end, no making it season by season with some lore sprinkled in but not over saturated

RVSage
11-09-2016, 06:34 AM
A TV series would work great, with each season focusing on a time period mixed with modern day, But it needs a lot of good people in production. Show runners should be of great caliber for it to succeed. Personally, I would say Jonah Nolan will be perfect for creative lead, but one can only hope

Ubi-Banshee
11-09-2016, 06:12 PM
If this is something they pursue, I would love to see a different setting each season. A nice deep-dive into other time periods without jumping around too much. Who knows though! Could be exciting :)

Sorrosyss
11-10-2016, 10:09 PM
This news pleases me no end. AC is the most obvious choice out of all Ubi IPs in my view as well. If they are going to copy Marvel and turn AC into a mass media property, then a television series is an obvious partner to the movies.

This also gives me an excuse to plug my detailed thread on why an AC tv series can work (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1425451-quot-Previously-on-Assassin-s-Creed-quot-The-case-for-an-AC-Television-Series-Forums). ;)

joshoolhorst
11-10-2016, 10:21 PM
This news pleases me no end. AC is the most obvious choice out of all Ubi IPs in my view as well. If they are going to copy Marvel and turn AC into a mass media property, then a television series is an obvious partner to the movies.

This also gives me an excuse to plug my detailed thread on why an AC tv series can work (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1425451-quot-Previously-on-Assassin-s-Creed-quot-The-case-for-an-AC-Television-Series-Forums). ;)

Time to revive that thread;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
11-12-2016, 12:11 AM
A TV series would be great, but of course, I'm always cautious.

If they get a director/writer with a great background, then my worries would probably disappear.

But I'm always too optimistic, so staying positive o|-<