PDA

View Full Version : Which games in the series do you consider the best?

alexdnn
11-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I played AC2 (in Italy) and the one with the pirates (I think it's the forth). They were both the best games I have ever played in my life, and I want to buy more games.
Which other games do you recommend ?
thanks in advance.

strigoi1958
11-08-2016, 01:40 AM
Well it is all down to personal choice, I played the original and loved it then when I bought Far Cry 3 I also bought AC3 and that was fantastic... I got immersed quickly, I loved the plot twist (you'll have to play it, my lips are sealed) and it had so many great things like the puzzles and homestead missions it gave me a lot of fun.

I do not compare games but I value other games on how much fun and how quickly they draw me in... based on how it was achieved in AC3.

Now there are some who played the Ezio trilogy ( AC2 AC brotherhood and AC revelations) all are great games but when Ezio didn't feature in AC3 I think those people were a little reluctant to admit how great AC3 is...

For me the first was special and after that they are all in my ALL TIME FAVOURITE games, it's very hard to put them in any order as they change, depending on what I remember at the time, they all have great features that really set them apart so as you've already played ACIV Black Flag, I loved the sailing in that it was incredible, and you've played AC2... I would say go through them all from AC Brotherhood to Revelations, AC3 to Unity (paris, the characters and parkour are brilliant) then Syndicate.

SixKeys
11-08-2016, 11:56 PM
If you enjoyed AC2, check out Brotherhood. My favorite in the series, tons of content and improved gameplay over AC2. If you enjoyed Black Flag, you might enjoy Rogue since gameplay-wise it's basically a carbon copy. The story is weaker, though.

Lysette88
11-10-2016, 01:26 PM
I am going to complete my AC collection - well, not the cartoonish style ones though - I will add AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations and AC3 - with AC3 I am unsure, if I should go for the season pass. I have seen so many controversial reviews about AC3, that I am quite confused about if I should go for the season pass or not - what is your opinion about it?

Just as a background information, I have played AC1, Unity and Syndicate and looked into Black Flag and Rogue (which I will be playing shortly) - but I am kind of intrigued by the scenery in AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations, so eventually I will play this before the more pirate oriented ones. AC3 is the one, which is making me worried about it's contents. Some say, there are no side missions and not much to do other than the main storyline - of course I could watch a let's play video, but I do not want to spoil the game for me. So please tell me, what you think about AC3 and it's contents outside of the main storyline.

Well, i should add, i am not into co-op gameplay - so all, what is co-op, is not of interest to me.

Anykeyer
11-16-2016, 05:10 AM
AC3 is the best AC3 game released. You will miss a lot by skipping it. The story is not so naive as in Ezio games and it beats newer games from gameplay standpoint: more features, more varied content, larger game world.
I dont know where is that "no side missions" comes from. There is a lot of stuff to do. You can do different clubs missions, take city districts from templars (and unlike ACS gangs stuff AC3 actually has different activites in each district, relevant to the story), use your ship for different missions, create a small community that has its own story, and ofc collect things.

Lysette88
11-16-2016, 09:59 PM
I am not going to skip it, I have bought AC3 now incluiding the season pass. I guess I was misled by a few reviews, which were basically bashing on AC3. Now where I played a bit into it, I can see that those seemed to be very biased, I guess due to that the gameplay is unlike those before. AC3 is different, that is for certain, and to begin with the father of the protagonist is an interesting start into the story as well. There is not much of the "roof top" gameplay, which some might expect, i guess that is part of why it is not that much liked. I nevertheless expect an interesting story, and I do as well not think that Connor is a less likable character. He is more serious, but this is understandable seen from that he had basically no real childhood but was forced to become an adult early on in life.

Well, I played into AC3, but I have a hard time understanding the background of it all - so I am playing AC2 now, and then Brotherhood and Rogue, to understand what is going on in AC3 in regards to the meta-story with the precursor race. This is all a bit confusing to me, because I was playing the series backwards.