PDA

View Full Version : I just hate AC Rogue story

joshoolhorst
11-06-2016, 09:33 AM
I see everybody praising it but I don't understand it is just a fanfiction that is canon and makes no sense to me

AnimusLover
11-06-2016, 03:47 PM
I like the first half of the story before Shay turns into a Templar. But his transition towards the other side is unrealistic and makes no sense.

- Achilles messed up, he violated the creed, - but that doesn't make ALL assassins bad, just the American Brotherhood.
- It's understandable that Shay would leave the Brotherhood but it's one thing to leave the Brotherhood it's another to side with the side you've hated all your life. Shay was against the Templars for a reason.

The game simply didn't have the balls to make him unlikeable.

joshoolhorst
11-06-2016, 05:48 PM
I like the first half of the story before Shay turns into a Templar. But his transition towards the other side is unrealistic and makes no sense.

- Achilles messed up, he violated the creed, - but that doesn't make ALL assassins bad, just the American Brotherhood.
- It's understandable that Shay would leave the Brotherhood but it's one thing to leave the Brotherhood it's another to side with the side you've hated all your life. Shay was against the Templars for a reason.

The game simply didn't have the balls to make him unlikeable.

Chevalier almost destroyed the homestead and got away with it -_-

Sigma 1313
11-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of Assassin's Creed Red either. I mean come on ubi, even Pokemon Released Red and Blue at the same time!

Jokes aside, there are a lot of issues with the story. However I like better than AC4 ever so slightly because there are just about no real tailing missions, gameplay and setting feel like and advanced AC4, and I actually felt like an Assassin (and Templar) rather than a Pirate through the whole game. Honestly, I think if they drew it out to 9 or 10 sequences, worked on it another year, and allowed deeper and better characterization it would be one of the best titles, however I think it ended up suffering due to a short development time to come out as a spinoff for last gen.

MasterAssasin84
11-06-2016, 07:14 PM
I was quite a fan of AC Rogue , i mean yes the Gameplay model was recycled from Black Flag but I thought if filled the gap with Haytham's years in the Colonies before the American Revolution and answered lots of questions I had after the events of Haytham's memories in AC3, after playing Unity I thought it was cleverly written into Charles Dorians last moments in Versailles.

It was also a great experience seeing the Ancient War from the eyes of a templar , and I though Shays motives for defecting to the templars was perfectly noble and not driven by selfish motivations.

Assassins Creed Rogue a great instalment and story.

ERICATHERINE
11-06-2016, 10:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSVmIs3qxEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMYw_ue4Q-s

BananaBlighter
11-06-2016, 11:33 PM
The story was a complete mess. Shay's motives make no sense, why does Achilles messing up mean he has to suddenly change his whole philosophy and join the group with the opposite ideals. The concept was interesting, and going in I was expecting a game that REALLY questioned the ideologies of the two orders, but in actual fact it only pretends to do so, unlike BF where we really got to have a good look at both sides of the conflict.

It only saves itself by having good side content and the exact same gameplay as AC4. But yeah, it's pretty low on my list. I guess I also was a bit burnt out on the whole naval thing by the time it came round. Unlike BF where I was plundering ships left and right, I barely ever engaged in naval battles. Sailing from island to island for collectibles had also gotten really boring by then.

cawatrooper9
11-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Maybe I'm being defensive because I do think that Rogue is underrated, but why does this thread even exist? It echoes a point that many, many have already said, and the OP barely even made a statement, and what was there was just the repeated ti death (and arguably inaccurate) "fanfic" complaint. I mean, if you're going to beat a dead horse, at least put some effort into it. :p

LeVoyageur07
11-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Is it really so difficult to spell Rogue correctly?

Namikaze_17
11-08-2016, 04:28 PM
My thoughts:

http://www.fantasycostume.com/images/make_up/bennyemakeup/makeupjpegs/creme_rouge_outline.jpg