PDA

View Full Version : AC2017: "It's a great game. I've seen it. It's looking good."

Sushiglutton
11-04-2016, 06:10 PM
Stop everything you're doing, because there are some AC2017 news:

Also during the call, an analyst asked if Ubisoft could provide an update on the next Assassin's Creed game. Guillemot said, "We can't say much about that yet--we are working hard on this game and it will be launched when ready." Martinez then chimed in, "It's a great game. I've seen it. It's looking good."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ubisoft-talks-watch-dogs-2-preorders-teases-next-a/1100-6445091/

(Martinez is CFO at Ubisoft)

Heavy stuff, Awwww yeah :cool:!

Happy weekend everyone!

m4r-k7
11-04-2016, 06:19 PM
Woo AC 2017 news!

I like how he says "it will be launched when ready" - Take all the time you need!

Sushiglutton
11-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Woo AC 2017 news!

I like how he says "it will be launched when ready" - Take all the time you need!

Agree,that's the best part!

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Happy weekend everyone!

Thanks, but my weekend won't be happy, since today, I'm going to bring my cat to the pet doctor, so he put a stop to his suffering.

As for the ac 2017 news, great news indeed. I just hope they use as much time as possible to create the best md ever. I think we've all have enough of the floating tablet and the video md. We want to control somebody that will have an impact.

RVSage
11-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Let's hope the game is good. I have high hopes as the Black Flag team is leading this project

ze_topazio
11-04-2016, 08:54 PM
Certainly you were not expecting a Ubisoft guy to tell the investors that their upcoming game sucks, were you?

VestigialLlama4
11-05-2016, 12:58 AM
Certainly you were not expecting a Ubisoft guy to tell the investors that their upcoming game sucks, were you?

Well that's why they said they'll launch when it's ready...nobody wants another UNITY, the game that nearly wrecked ubisoft

Locopells
11-05-2016, 01:09 AM
Thanks, but my weekend won't be happy, since today, I'm going to bring my cat to the pet doctor, so he put a stop to his suffering.

As for the ac 2017 news, great news indeed. I just hope they use as much time as possible to create the best md ever. I think we've all have enough of the floating tablet and the video md. We want to control somebody that will have an impact.

Ouch, that sucks. Lost my dog four months back, so I feel ya bud. :(

Well that's why they said they'll launch when it's ready...nobody wants another UNITY, the game that nearly wrecked Ubisoft

Although dang, if it doesn't look pretty now...

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

ERICATHERINE
11-05-2016, 02:22 AM
Ouch, that sucks. Lost my dog four months back, so I feel ya bud. :(

Thanks. I hope he's feeling better, no mather where he is. :-\

ze_topazio
11-05-2016, 02:01 PM
Well that's why they said they'll launch when it's ready...nobody wants another UNITY, the game that nearly wrecked ubisoft

Long time no see man, where are have you been?

I wouldn't say it almost wrecked Ubisoft, since Ubisoft reputation was already not that good by then, but it did almost wrecked this franchise, Syndicate managed to save it a bit, but if the next game is not some critically acclaimed masterpiece this series could be in some serious trouble.

Megas_Doux
11-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I wouldn't say it almost wrecked Ubisoft, since Ubisoft reputation was already not that good by then, but it did almost wrecked this franchise, Syndicate managed to save it a bit, but if the next game is not some critically acclaimed masterpiece this series could be in some serious trouble.

Even though Ubisoft is no different from like 85% of the gaming industry right now in terms of the shady practices such as micro-transactions, overpriced DLC, bad/lazy ports, bugs, bullshots, etc, etc, etc. The disastrous launch of Unity and the downgrade of Watch dogs in the SAME year put the Ubisoft on the top spot of least respected/hated games companies only behind EA. This new game has to pull a Battlefield 1 off in order to save the franchise.

joshoolhorst
11-06-2016, 01:13 PM
Even though Ubisoft is no different from like 85% of the gaming industry right now in terms of the shady practices such as micro-transactions, overpriced DLC, bad/lazy ports, bugs, bullshots, etc, etc, etc. The disastrous launch of Unity and the downgrade of Watch dogs in the SAME year put the Ubisoft on the top spot of least respected/hated games companies only behind EA. This new game has to pull a Battlefield 1 off in order to save the franchise.

Don't forget, if the movie fails to be decent and the game to... Ugh

Lysette88
11-06-2016, 01:29 PM
I know the opinions about Syndicate differ a lot - mainly because it is a different kind to approach an AC game - but IMO it is a masterpiece, I am enjoying it a whole lot. And in all fairness to Ubisoft we have to say, that they did not let Unity in it's initial state and it is now a very enjoyable game as well - it would just have taken more time, and Ubisoft will take their time with the next one to avoid a 2nd failed launch. I appreciate that they take their time, I am quite new fan to the franchise and I have been playing just 3 out of the many AC games yet, but I have 2 already waiting on my HDD and I am going to buy 3 others - AC2, Brotherhood and Revelation. Well, I am playing the franchise backwards in a way, but it doesn't matter really, all are awesome games worth their money.

MasterAssasin84
11-06-2016, 07:16 PM
I welcomed Ubisofts decison to take time out ! ...

Take all the time you need and give us an awesome game !

Sorrosyss
11-10-2016, 10:17 PM
I think every fan is under no illusion now that the next game has to deliver, and not be released in the same sorry state as Unity was. If they have to take longer so be it. I was quite happy with the annual model, when they could cope with it. I still say they overstretched by releasing two games in 2014, but hey ho. The industry has got some big heavy hitter open world games coming in 2017 - AC has to up its game to live with them honestly.

cawatrooper9
11-10-2016, 11:52 PM
"It's a great game. I've seen it. It's looking good."

I know everyone's probably over saturated with political nonsense, but when did Donald Trump start reviewing Ubisoft games?

In all seriousness, even this little bit of good news is a bright spot in the AC void of 2016.

ze_topazio
11-10-2016, 11:58 PM
lol, now that you mentioned it, I've read that with Trump's voice and it sounds exactly like the kind of thing he would say, lol

Make Assassin's Creed great again.

cawatrooper9
11-11-2016, 03:46 PM
lol, now that you mentioned it, I've read that with Trump's voice and it sounds exactly like the kind of thing he would say, lol

Make Assassin's Creed great again.

Everybody says its the best game. I've got dozens and dozens of the best working on it. Not like AC Unity. SAD!.