PDA

View Full Version : Detection in Unity is ridiculous!

Barrndawg
11-03-2016, 10:58 PM
I was just playing through "It Belongs In A Museum" Heist by myself, and I had an enemy on the middle floor berserked fighting a guard, and then I berserked an enemy on the lower floor and had him fighting the others downstairs at the same time.

All the while I am well out of sight of any enemies. No open doors, all enemies are either behind walls (where I was hiding) or downstairs. 2 guards were slowly walking up the stairs to fight the guys on the middle floor when all of the sudden, the 3 enemies on the OUTSIDE of the building detected me.

On the OUTSIDE of the building. Seriously, how in the hell could they see me through the damn wall? and on the second floor no less. The detection system in this game is absolute ********. If you get spotted you really have no chance of getting out of the line of sight like the other games.

I'm glad Syndicate "righted" most of Unity's wrongs because it is a complete mess.

cawatrooper9
11-04-2016, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I don't care for Unity's super touchy detection, but I guess that's what you get when you add co-op.

My guess, having been in a similar position, is that maybe a sniper on a rooftop outside saw you through a window- or maybe, simply the men on the ground saw you pass by a window. Stranger things have happened.

Ubi-Banshee
11-04-2016, 03:55 PM
Yeah, the stealth detection was something that concerned a lot of people, and I can assure you it's something the team is very conscious of. Thanks for your feedback! And glad you found ACS more to your liking :)

Locopells
11-05-2016, 01:12 AM
One thing I am liking is that you don't get auto-desynced if you get spotted and you do have a split second to nobble your spotter before they alert everyone else - as long as you're fast enough...

http://i.imgur.com/8kKFfrZ.jpg (https://support.ubi.com)
Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

Fatal-Feit
11-05-2016, 01:36 AM
I was just playing through "It Belongs In A Museum" Heist by myself, and I had an enemy on the middle floor berserked fighting a guard, and then I berserked an enemy on the lower floor and had him fighting the others downstairs at the same time.

All the while I am well out of sight of any enemies. No open doors, all enemies are either behind walls (where I was hiding) or downstairs. 2 guards were slowly walking up the stairs to fight the guys on the middle floor when all of the sudden, the 3 enemies on the OUTSIDE of the building detected me.

On the OUTSIDE of the building. Seriously, how in the hell could they see me through the damn wall? and on the second floor no less. The detection system in this game is absolute ********. If you get spotted you really have no chance of getting out of the line of sight like the other games.

I'm glad Syndicate "righted" most of Unity's wrongs because it is a complete mess.

Were you hiding near a locked door? Because snipers outside can spot you through that. If not, then you prob ran into a glitch. It's a very rare glitch, but it has happened to me a few times as well.