PDA

View Full Version : My game sucks major ***

heathenchemist
06-10-2004, 05:49 AM
hi, i can run single player game at an easy 60-70FPS but on multi player it goes between 5 &15FPS. This also applies to the menus not just gaming.

I know there are other posts but i have read them and tried what they said.

My computer light isnt on so its not my pc struggling.

the specs i have is an AMD athlon XP3000+, 512DDR and gforce FX5600

i know you may say its the graphics card but it runs wonderful on highish settings in single player

Thanks

Richard

heathenchemist
06-10-2004, 05:49 AM
hi, i can run single player game at an easy 60-70FPS but on multi player it goes between 5 &15FPS. This also applies to the menus not just gaming.

I know there are other posts but i have read them and tried what they said.

My computer light isnt on so its not my pc struggling.

the specs i have is an AMD athlon XP3000+, 512DDR and gforce FX5600

i know you may say its the graphics card but it runs wonderful on highish settings in single player

Thanks

Richard

Firing Blanks
06-10-2004, 06:38 AM
Is this the problem that you can get online OK and start to play an MP game, but after a few minutes the game gets very slow and the fps drop way down? If you dissconnect from the server then everything is OK again?

If this is not the case then I can't help, sorry.

If this is the way it behaves then this is probably a known bug. Check the setting for Lighting in the Advanced Options tab of the Video settings, make sure it is set to Medium or High, not Low. this is only a problem when online, it does not happen in SP mode.

Terry

...still firing blanks!

-- P4 2.66/533, 1GB DDR, 9800 Pro 128MB, 512Kbps ADSL link in UK --

darys2002
06-10-2004, 06:59 AM
yeah it solved the problem for me when i uppered lighting setting to medium http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif should work for you too.

Jetenginedr
06-10-2004, 08:49 AM
My computer light isnt on so its not my pc struggling. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

Heroes are born when bullets fly, when the earth explodes, when cannons roar, WHEN TRUMPETS FADE