PDA

View Full Version : Cross-platform

Desperaato
11-01-2016, 04:20 PM
Has there been threads on this issue? Any info why they will or wont be one, this game would greatly benefit from cross-platform play on the PC side since PC population always dwindles way too fast for my linking.

ZuivrZilvr
11-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Has there been threads on this issue? Any info why they will or wont be one, this game would greatly benefit from cross-platform play on the PC side since PC population always dwindles way too fast for my linking.

Cross-platform play would be amazing if they could pull it off. I can imagine they have other things to work on first though. I bet cross-platform would bring an extra wave of players once the game is already up and running.

Desperaato
11-03-2016, 04:09 PM
Even if there is no way to get sony and microsoft to go crossplatform in this or any game just getting PC and Xbox would be really really awesome For honor.

HardCor3Gam3r44
11-05-2016, 04:40 AM
yea i,m on pc cp would be nice

waraidako
11-06-2016, 10:02 AM
It's not going to happen.

PS4 and Xbone don't do cross-platform. There's no point, it only hurts sales for the stronger one. Think about it like this: If all of your friends are buying the PS4 version, and you want the Xbone version, you'll probably get the PS4 version anyway, because that's the only way to play with your friends. This isn't just for games, it's the same for the consoles themselves. If all of your friends got PS4s, you probably got a PS4 too. That's usually how it works. So why allow people to buy the game for Xbone and play with people on PS4?

Cross platform between a console and PC is definitely possible. And for a game like this where having a mouse isn't an advantage, it might even be a good thing. Provided of course you can get the console version to run at a stable 60fps, and have the PC version locked to 60fps. You could technically have them both locked to 30 but the whining from PC players would be insufferable. Either way both have to have the same performance, so one platform doesn't get an unfair advantage.

However, it only works for either PS4 and PC, or Xbone and PC. And whichever combination you choose, the version for the console left behind is going to become objectively and decisively inferior.
Let's say you do PS4 and PC, like Streetfighter 5. You've now created the de facto primary community right there. Anyone who wants to compete on a serious level is going to be there, because the vast majority of the community is there. The xbone version would have a tiny, isolated community, and the people who bought it would feel cheated.

But however small that community is, that would still be people you could have playing in your main community. Thus, to a developer/publisher it makes more sense to just not support that platform, and force EVERYONE to play in the same single community.

And at this point in time they can't exactly cancel the game for xbone, so they're stuck with 3 platforms and 3 communities, instead of 2 platforms and 1 community.

PowerSenpai
11-06-2016, 04:38 PM
If i remember this issue correct, Xbox is all for cross platform at the moment, but PS does not want to do it, not even with just PC. Not to mention cross platform is still a lot of difficult politics that not many other games have done yet, as well as if it was Ubisoft's intention to come with cross platform it would likely be a HEAVILY advertised feature.

TheGeekyHusband
11-07-2016, 12:03 AM
I think Rocket League did it right by connecting PC to each console separately. PS4 + PC and separately Xbone + PC. I don't think it's a requirement, but it would be a great way to strengthen the player base for the life of the game.