PDA

View Full Version : Who would like AC to have a demo?

ERICATHERINE
10-30-2016, 07:51 PM
I remember when I first saw that trailers for destiny. I wasn't sure I would like that. Then, at some point, I saw that the ps store was giving a demo of destiny. I tried it and that's how I fell in love with the game.

Going further back in time, my first ac game ever was ac 3. Thing is before I got it, I never saw anything from ac, not even a trailer. Everything I discovered from my discovery of ac iii to ac 4 (which include ac 3, then 2, then 1, then ac b and finaly, ac re) was new to me. I got and heard of ac 3, because my ps3 was being selled with it. When I think about it, the ac games having no demo, being playable, if I would have choose another ps3 or if that last ps3 coming with ac 3 would been bought before I would have come for it, I would maybe never have played an ac game, even now.

After all there as never been an ac demo, obtainable from the ps store. I think it's too bad. Many games have had demo, so why not ac too. Think about it, for second. If ac unity would have had a demo, would have all the copies been that much bugged? I doubt it. A demo of ac unity could have solved the problem before the release date would even have arrived.

Another good reason would be the hype. When I play a demo of a game I don't have, I won't to know what happen next, in the story. Of course I know that not all demo shows stoy content. Sometimes they have a story of their own and are mostly there for the player to learn about the new mechanics. Look at this video of a demo, for exemple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNdA_c5uU_g

From what I understand you'll get items and that greninja in the real game if you do the demo. Now if imagine it in the form of an ac demo, it could give weapons or a special set of armor that would be unique to the demo.

So, what do you think? Would it be a good idea to have a demo of an ac game, that would obtainable from the consoles online shop? ^-^

Lysette88
10-30-2016, 09:06 PM
I think if one wants to get an impression what a game is like, the best way nowadays is to just look for "let's play" or "gameplay" videos on youtube for those games. I keep it normally to the intro sequence only, because I do not want to spoil my first time game experience later. Normally the intro sequence gives a good impression, what the game is like. And I am reading or watching reviews - from actual gamers or streamers, I am not fond of the mainstream reviews like from IGN and so - actual gamers give a more honest perspective.

ERICATHERINE
10-30-2016, 09:21 PM
I think if one wants to get an impression what a game is like, the best way nowadays is to just look for "let's play" or "gameplay" videos on youtube for those games. I keep it normally to the intro sequence only, because I do not want to spoil my first time game experience later. Normally the intro sequence gives a good impression, what the game is like. And I am reading or watching reviews - from actual gamers or streamers, I am not fond of the mainstream reviews like from IGN and so - actual gamers give a more honest perspective.

I do that too, but when a demo is aivalable, I think it's the best choice, if it's free. That way you not only see the game, you also play it, or at least sort of and, like showed in the video above it can give you rewards that you can transfert into the main game. ^-^

col_96
11-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Demo's are often buggy.

It would only lead to the media publishing about another buggy AC Game, which is never good for sales

Sigma 1313
11-01-2016, 01:39 AM
The problem with demos is that they also take quite a bit of time and resources to actually make. I think with a franchise as large as Assassin's Creed (and with how cheap many of the older games are now), a demo would be pointless. This is also just a small part of a massive problem in AAA game development where franchises try to appeal to too wide of an audience instead of their core niche. From what I've seen and heard from Ubisoft, they seem to be scaling back a little bit and win back the old fans of the games first, then worry about expanding their base.

ERICATHERINE
11-01-2016, 02:58 AM
Demo's are often buggy.

It would only lead to the media publishing about another buggy AC Game, which is never good for sales

Well, I don't know which demo you played (because I don't remember ever having found a bug in a demo), but that's actually the point. Like I said above, if ac unity would have had a demo, the game would not have come in such a buggy state, because the demo would have make the players see all the bugs ubisoft missed. It's normal a demo have bugs. A demo is not only there for the hype. It's also there to discover bugs the the people making the game might have missed. ^-^

Ubi-Banshee
11-04-2016, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback on potential demos :) I'll pass it along!

ERICATHERINE
11-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback on potential demos :) I'll pass it along!

Thanks. ^-^

cawatrooper9
11-07-2016, 04:22 PM
Honestly, after the technical mess of Unity, it would be a gesture of good faith to release a fully playable demo straight from the campaign for the next game.

ERICATHERINE
11-07-2016, 05:08 PM
Honestly, after the technical mess of Unity, it would be a gesture of good faith to release a fully playable demo straight from the campaign for the next game.

Indeed. That way, like I said, this could let us find any bugs that would be findable, before the game arrive. Like I said look at unity. If we would have had a demo, for that game, I think most of the bugs that were patched would have been corrected before the game would have been buyable. From my point of view when a video game company release a game with so much bugs than unity had, at the point that it looks like the company never tested their game, I think it's time they start doing some demo, for their games. I know syndicate didn't have that much bugs, but it still had some, not to mention that the dlcs also have some. ^-^

cawatrooper9
11-07-2016, 09:28 PM
Indeed. That way, like I said, this could let us find any bugs that would be findable, before the game arrive. Like I said look at unity. If we would have had a demo, for that game, I think most of the bugs that were patched would have been corrected before the game would have been buyable. From my point of view when a video game company release a game with so much bugs than unity had, at the point that it looks like the company never tested their game, I think it's time they start doing some demo, for their games. I know syndicate didn't have that much bugs, but it still had some, not to mention that the dlcs also have some. ^-^

The thing with Unity is that it had already been delayed before its release. The developers surely knew about the bugs- they just chose to ignore them. Or, perhaps more accurately, the pressures of the current and terrible model of announcing a game/movie's release date far before production has concluded forced their hand.

ERICATHERINE
11-07-2016, 11:05 PM
The thing with Unity is that it had already been delayed before its release. The developers surely knew about the bugs- they just chose to ignore them. Or, perhaps more accurately, the pressures of the current and terrible model of announcing a game/movie's release date far before production has concluded forced their hand.

Well, at least, they are taking their time, for the next new game. Or at least, it looks that way. ^-^