PDA

View Full Version : Does Character Customization Affect appearance in the PVE campaign?

Honorhound01
10-29-2016, 08:21 AM
As the title says, it'd be a cool tidbit if we can not only customize the heroes for PvP but also in the campaign.

coma987
10-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Well, if you look at any campaign footage you see them select their loadout, so yes.

ShuyinVardiz
10-29-2016, 07:01 PM
Well, if you look at any campaign footage you see them select their loadout, so yes.

All of this was 'early' alpha footage and probably preset and might even edited parts of the story to show an example of it without spoiling too much of its content. Although I cant be sure ofc, I personally highly doubt we will have all the customization freedom we have in multiplayer - might even none at all.

At least that is how I interpreted the campaign so far:
You play as a predetermined class in a linear campaign with barely to no variety at all to get a solo or coop experience with some kind of instruction into the games storyline. As far as I know its also predetermined which factions you play in which order (cant recall the order currently) as the missions are linked together. In the end you'll probably either reveal the plot that the war is just waged by Apolleon or even fight (and kill?) Apolleon. The DLCs then either provide no additional campagin at all, continue the plot with Apolleon, implements a new party in this war or deepens the war between the factions.

Of course everything I say is just speculation and we might have full or partially customization options. Maybe we play as one of the factions classes, might multiple changing from mission to mission or might even get to choose freely and slightly vary the mission regarding the choosen class within the faction.

coma987
10-29-2016, 08:00 PM
All of this was 'early' alpha footage and probably preset and might even edited parts of the story to show an example of it without spoiling too much of its content. Although I cant be sure ofc, I personally highly doubt we will have all the customization freedom we have in multiplayer - might even none at all.

At least that is how I interpreted the campaign so far:
You play as a predetermined class in a linear campaign with barely to no variety at all to get a solo or coop experience with some kind of instruction into the games storyline. As far as I know its also predetermined which factions you play in which order (cant recall the order currently) as the missions are linked together. In the end you'll probably either reveal the plot that the war is just waged by Apolleon or even fight (and kill?) Apolleon. The DLCs then either provide no additional campagin at all, continue the plot with Apolleon, implements a new party in this war or deepens the war between the factions.

Of course everything I say is just speculation and we might have full or partially customization options. Maybe we play as one of the factions classes, might multiple changing from mission to mission or might even get to choose freely and slightly vary the mission regarding the choosen class within the faction.

Before we knew about the stats in multiplayer, they said there will be power progression in the singleplayer while you customize your armor and weapons.

ShuyinVardiz
10-29-2016, 08:43 PM
Before we knew about the stats in multiplayer, they said there will be power progression in the singleplayer while you customize your armor and weapons.

Ah okay, wasnt aware of that. Thx for the info.

Honorhound01
11-03-2016, 04:34 AM

Awesome