PDA

View Full Version : Music?

HoosBB
05-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I know this isn't very important to the actual game but wouldn't it be cool to have some 30's or 40's era jazz music as the theme instead of the cool, but annoyingly repetitive polka music in IL2. If you do this it would be GREAT to have more than one track, that way I wouldn't go insane listening to the same track 50 times over while waiting for a mission to load. There could be some Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, or some lesser known stuff that would be cheaper to liscense. I don't know how expensive it would be to liscense this but i'm guessing it wouldn't be too expensive, the music is pretty old and most of it isn't even published anymore. If you need any recordings my grandpa owns tons of old records from the WWII era. If Luthier has already made an announcement related to this then please feel free to shoot me for being annoying.
See you all later.

HoosBB
05-23-2004, 02:09 PM
I know this isn't very important to the actual game but wouldn't it be cool to have some 30's or 40's era jazz music as the theme instead of the cool, but annoyingly repetitive polka music in IL2. If you do this it would be GREAT to have more than one track, that way I wouldn't go insane listening to the same track 50 times over while waiting for a mission to load. There could be some Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, or some lesser known stuff that would be cheaper to liscense. I don't know how expensive it would be to liscense this but i'm guessing it wouldn't be too expensive, the music is pretty old and most of it isn't even published anymore. If you need any recordings my grandpa owns tons of old records from the WWII era. If Luthier has already made an announcement related to this then please feel free to shoot me for being annoying.
See you all later.

VW-IceFire
05-23-2004, 02:17 PM
That would work...or something more Hans Zimmerish dramatic music sounding too. That'd work for me very nicely...

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"

Kitakami
05-23-2004, 02:52 PM
If the American side is going to get a Jazz soundtrack, the Japanese side needs an Enka one. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Geodude
05-23-2004, 06:02 PM
I always thought that the music in Janes WWII Fighters was the best as far as "mood setting" goes...it sure had a 1940's feel to it (or at least what I THINK 1940's music was like)...

DuxCorvan
05-24-2004, 04:49 PM
Someone here has heard about copyrighted material and author rights? To put those things in the game would be too expensive for UBI, Maddox, Luthier... and us.

Are you willing to pay more to have that?

Get a CD and listen what you want.

BTW, WW2 Fighters = EA = Money.

Grandpa's stuff = cheap = Money for UBI

Polka chunda chunda = free = MORE money for UBI

You'll never get it, but you can make it. Changing music in FB is not that hard.

- Dux Corvan -
http://www.uploadit.org/DuxCorvan/Altamira2.jpg
Ten thousand years of Cantabrian skinning.

Geodude
05-24-2004, 05:19 PM
Whoa, there...hold on a minute...I was NOT saying you should use Jane's WWII music...I was simply participating in the discussion, and stating that their's was the best "mood music" I've seen yet. It would be STUPID (and costly) to have that exact same music in PF...but you could certainly do something similar...