PDA

View Full Version : Mouse cursor showing in GAME

Patryk_2.0
10-28-2016, 05:52 PM
After this new update. I started seeing a mouse cursor following my camera movements in the game, this happens when I press Shift + F2 for chat. After I close the chat the cursor is showing in my game, and each time I have to minimize the game with Shift + Tab for it to disappear. I've checked mouse and cursor options, but the problem remains, any suggestions on how to fix it ?

Thanks

Crazybone992
10-29-2016, 01:15 AM
I have the same problem. The Windows mouse cursor appears in game every time I close the uplay overlay. And it started to happen after latest Uplay update. I guess the new update broke something. I'm very disappointed if Ubi doesn't fix this soon.

Patryk_2.0
10-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Indeed. however I have asked my friend if he had the same problem, and he said that there is no cursor staying on his screen whilst he played, so it might not occur for everyone, really weird. It seems like the update may not affect everyone in the same way. But yeah lets hope they fix it soon.

Marta97M
10-30-2016, 10:24 AM
Same problem here... Ubi, please fix it asap.

Black_Widow9
10-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Is this happening with any other games you have in Uplay?

Crazybone992
10-31-2016, 02:59 PM
Hello,

Is this happening with any other games you have in Uplay?

It appears in Assassin's Creed games only. Really weird. I tested this issue with AC 2, Splinter Cell: Blacklist and AC: Revelations. The issue was clearly present in AC 2 and AC: Revelations but not in Splinter Cell.

I tried to take a screenshot of the issue, it's just not possible which makes it even more confusing. The Windows mouse cursor is not showing in the screenshot I took even though it shows up in the game :confused:

Crazybone992
10-31-2016, 03:16 PM
I reported this to Ubisoft support. I hope they do something to it.

Crazybone992
11-04-2016, 04:07 PM
Got a reply from support and they told me to manually install the latest version of Uplay. I'm pretty sure that isn't going to help since this new update caused the problems in the first place. But will it delete the installation of my games if I install Uplay manually? I don't want to reinstall all my games.

Crazybone992
11-11-2016, 01:53 PM
A new update for Uplay was released but the bug in the overlay is still present. Sigh.

Crazybone992
11-12-2016, 03:12 PM
This new update has introduced even more problems to Uplay! Now whenever I start Assassin's Creed: Revelations, the autopatch system fails to work and gives me an error. The game launches and works fine though. It just pisses me off to watch error messages every single time I start the game.

This is why I hate Uplay. Every ****ing update creates just more bugs and doesn't fix a damn thing!

**Update** not just Revelations but all Assassin's Creed. My other Uplay games are once again fine but when I start any Assassin's Creed game I receive the same autopatch error. Wtf is this? :mad:

Crazybone992
11-12-2016, 09:17 PM
I'm getting this error:
Trying to get update information to C:\Users\Juha\AppData\Local\Temp\ubiD64B.tmp.
File parsing unsuccessful.
Update service cannot continue.

The message also told me to contact Ubi support. I did that already. What should I do to resolve this? It usually takes forever for support to answer.

Patryk_2.0
11-18-2016, 06:26 PM
Hahaha, I knew they wouldn't fix this with a new update, and I will not be surprised if this problem remains with new updates. I mean what are we talking about ??? its Ubisoft the worst gaming company EVER !!! For me the people who work there are incompetent, they lack ability to resolve something without interrupting another. At least those in charge of the technical stuff. I mean for God Sake this should be long gone, its a minor thing and all of those 'high skilled' technicians can't fix a simple issue. I mean it's just ridiculous. Its preposterous that in this day of age we have to cope with s... like this, not to mention other more serious things... People PAY and they should EXPECT good standards and well organised, helpful assistance when needed. Knowing they would not need to put out with all this crap...

I think that this issue might resolve when they will release a new Uplay overlay or a major update, but even then it's not guaranteed ...

It's quite sad but what can you do, money rules the world...

Dandonek
11-20-2016, 07:48 AM
I have the same problem in AC Unity (visible mouse coursor in game after Shift+F2). Are you going to fix this?!

Crazybone992
11-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Well my "file parsing unsuccesful" error was fixed with the newest update. Thank god. But the annoying mouse cursor issue is still present. I'm so disappointed. Ubisoft support just tells me to "disable all background apps, do a clean reinstall of graphics drivers, install a different version of DirectX. I can confirm it's not a driver issue, since I already did a clean install of graphics drivers and the problem is still going strong. Gonna try disabling background apps next.

Crazybone992
11-21-2016, 09:13 PM
Hahaha, I knew they wouldn't fix this with a new update, and I will not be surprised if this problem remains with new updates. I mean what are we talking about ??? its Ubisoft the worst gaming company EVER !!! For me the people who work there are incompetent, they lack ability to resolve something without interrupting another. At least those in charge of the technical stuff. I mean for God Sake this should be long gone, its a minor thing and all of those 'high skilled' technicians can't fix a simple issue. I mean it's just ridiculous. Its preposterous that in this day of age we have to cope with s... like this, not to mention other more serious things... People PAY and they should EXPECT good standards and well organised, helpful assistance when needed. Knowing they would not need to put out with all this crap...

I think that this issue might resolve when they will release a new Uplay overlay or a major update, but even then it's not guaranteed ...

It's quite sad but what can you do, money rules the world...

It's funny that those people at support say they can't find any problems in Uplay. They think that the fault is a some kind of software conflict in my computer :D :D :D like how can it be a software conflict since I'm clearly not the only one with this problem?

Patryk_2.0
11-23-2016, 04:10 PM
It's funny that those people at support say they can't find any problems in Uplay. They think that the fault is a some kind of software conflict in my computer :D :D :D like how can it be a software conflict since I'm clearly not the only one with this problem?

Yes exactly... sigh... guess we'll have to wait a long time for this to be fixed :)

Marta97M
12-11-2016, 09:42 PM
Gosh, how hard is it to fix something like this? :mad:

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 02:00 AM
First you have to be prepared to consider that out of the millions of PC's playing games that a few have conflicts.
Next you have to consider that it is possible one may be your PC.
Then you will realise that as this doesn't affect 99.9% of people (unless there's 4 or 5 million people with the same problem here) that it is not the game makers fault.
After that if you refuse to consider all possibilities then you are closing your mind to the answer.

I've had Apps and games that have not run in the past and I've been to google, youtube and forums looking for help, trying everything even doing a REAL clean install of drivers using DDU.exe.... eventually I found the answer. But I never gave up, I never thought if I complain enough somone else will fix it for me.

Just as an example, every time I played dishonored 2 and tried to run and jump, my character kept going to the left. So what did Arkane studios or Bethesda do to fix the problem that a few of us had.... Answer nothing, it turned out we all have Steelseries keyboards and 1 profile acts as a game using keys, and when it ran... and I pressed shift and space together it would play the keyboard lights game and scroll sideways...

But by your reckoning I should be complaining on Bethesdas site

Crazybone992
12-12-2016, 03:20 PM
I don't know what the other people have done but I have contacted support and tried every possible thing they told me to do and nothing worked. Then they just said that they pass this information to the uplay team and I haven' t heard from them since. We have every right to complain. Yes I have given up but that is because I can't find a working solution. Well I hate Uplay anyway. Steam is always better. Never had any bugs or issues with Steam.

strigoi1958
12-12-2016, 04:47 PM
@dandonek That is caused by mouse settings and if you google it, not only will you find this answer.... you'll find it on lots of forums where other people also think it is the game makers job to change the settings on their pc.

-In control panel, Mouse Properties. Pointer Options Tab:
--Untick Display pointer trails
--Untick Show location..
--Tick Hide pointer while typing

-In control panel, Mouse Properties. Buttons Tab:
--Untick Turn on ClickLock

(also, to help aiming while in game, Untick "Enhance pointer precision" at the top of the Pointer Options Tab)

@Crazybones992 Steam has just as many minor hitches just you haven't had one yet :) TBH being here and being negative is not a good way to spend time, I understand your frustration. Back in 2012 when "file parsing unsuccessful" happened there were some server migration issues (I believe) I know recently there was some server issues. The only thing I saw was a reply that said, wait 48 hours and retry or go to this site to reset the host https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/972034 apart from that I used google to get these results from the forum https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=file+parsing+unsuccessful&oq=file+parsing+unsuccessful&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=file+parsing+unsuccessful+assassin%27s+creed+s ite:forums.ubi.com

Dandonek
01-01-2017, 03:27 PM
OMG i didnt play for a month and this problem still exists! Thats why i hate Ubisoft. You cant fix anything, only make things worse...

@strigoi1958 You are wrong... Did you even had this problem? So how can you know the solution for this. Everybody says that this problem started after an Uplay update and you are telling us that this is a problem with our pc settings lol... And yes, I have tried to change my mouse settings in control panel and it didnt help at all. If you found a better solution just give us a link to a forum, because i didnt found any.

strigoi1958
01-01-2017, 04:17 PM
If it is the game that is at fault.... why doesn't everyone have the problem?
If it's not your pc settings... are you saying it's just broken for a few people? because then it cannot be the game...
if you refuse to believe this is a setting on your pc that needs changing then I cannot help you
It's not Ubisofts job to change your pc settings... if you are not good with PC's you should consider buying a console, the graphics are very good and the games are great and they do not have problems and conflicts like PC's.... I understand your frustration but getting angry at other players or game makers will not solve your problem... having an open mind to possible solutions will...

Also saying "everybody says....." usually means 3 or 4 people not millions who do not have the problem.

Anyway Happy new year

EDIT this google search shows the problem in SKYRIM OVERWATCH, EVOLVE, LEAGUE OF LEGENDS, BATTLEFIELD.... are you saying a uplay update caused the problem on all those games that do not even use uplay? EVEN if users of those games don't even have uplay on their pc's?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mouse pointer shows in game (https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mouse+pointer+shows+in+game&start=10)

feel free to look through them for a solution to your pc problem.

MarcinG_89
01-02-2017, 05:18 PM
I have same problem with mouse cursor in all assassin`s creed games...

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 05:23 PM
@MarcinG_89 have you tried

In control panel, Mouse Properties. Pointer Options Tab:
--Untick Display pointer trails
--Untick Show location..
--Tick Hide pointer while typing

-In control panel, Mouse Properties. Buttons Tab:
--Untick Turn on ClickLock

(also, to help aiming while in game, Untick "Enhance pointer precision" at the top of the Pointer Options Tab)

MarcinG_89
01-02-2017, 05:26 PM
But i have this cursor after i close uplay overlay in game...

Default settings:
http://i.imgur.com/H1LKUIT.jpg

After lastest uplay update this bug appeared..

strigoi1958
01-02-2017, 05:42 PM
these are my settings...

Also I have all overlays turned off (uplay, steam and my comms program mumble as they can affect games)

click on picture to see bigger.

http://i.share.pho.to/1ed3d55a_c.png (http://pho.to/AZv37)

Marta97M
01-07-2017, 09:21 PM
If the problem is caused by our PCs:
1. why doesn't it happen in every game that requires Uplay? For example, for me it is like: AC II, AC Brotherhood, AC Revelations, AC III, AC Liberation HD, AC Rogue - mouse cursor appears after pressing Shift + F2; AC Chronicles China, India & Russia - it doesn't appear.
2. why doesn't it happen to me when I access Origin/Steam overlay?
3. why didn't it happen to me BEFORE the october update? I'm 100% sure I didn't change any settings/update drivers or OS. One day I didn't have this problem, the next day the update was installed and boom, mouse coursor is here.

It's not that I am angry, I am just kind of annoyed.

BTW Yes, I know how to Google. I've been looking for a solution online. It's just that every "fix" I found there didn't work because I've already had the same settings, tried reinstalling Uplay/the games etc.

strigoi1958
01-08-2017, 04:05 AM
I'm not saying the update didn't trigger it... I'm saying the settings on certain pc's existed before the update and all the pc's without those settings are not affected and the few with thos settings are affected.

I have no idea why I do not have this problem or why the majority does not have this problem but it happens to people with other games that do not use uplay. the uplay update was designed for everyone and only a few have problems, so although those few have a conflict that appeared when the update released, it is a case of finding out what it is that causes the pc to conflict with uplay.

elite_templar
01-10-2017, 05:30 PM
To support this problem issue, I agree with those ppl who have this problem, yes, I have it too for 2 or more monthes. All above was read attentively, but my pc mouse settings already were the same as here were mentioned. So I suppose that someone from Ubi support team will help us to solve this issue

Dandonek
01-12-2017, 10:46 PM
I hope that someone from Ubisoft support will finally help us here :/

strigoi1958
01-13-2017, 12:00 AM
There is not anyone from ubisoft support here it is just us fellow game players posting in the forum trying to help each other... by remembering problems that had solutions in the past or by suggesting things to try. Sometimes a moderator will spot a problem that they know how to fix or posts a link to support. If it is something that needs urgent attention or has been overlooked they sometimes ask for your ticket number that you got when you contacted support and then they follow up the ticket.

If we could find the thing that links your pc's we might find a solution.
but you'd all have to list lots of things like:

Do you have a joystick, driving wheel or controller plugged in?
do you have any emulation software or controller drivers?
do you have a gaming mouse or keypad?

if 2 of you have something in common it might be causing the problem

Crazybone992
01-13-2017, 04:49 PM
Sigh so still no solution for the problem? Yeah I should have known. I was in contact with ubisoft support about this but after trying everything they said, they just said they pass the information forward and after that I have not heard from them. I wish there was an option to revert back to an older version of Uplay.
I suppose it was a waste of time to even report this mouse cursor problem to them.

Crazybone992
01-13-2017, 04:55 PM
There is not anyone from ubisoft support here it is just us fellow game players posting in the forum trying to help each other... by remembering problems that had solutions in the past or by suggesting things to try. Sometimes a moderator will spot a problem that they know how to fix or posts a link to support. If it is something that needs urgent attention or has been overlooked they sometimes ask for your ticket number that you got when you contacted support and then they follow up the ticket.

If we could find the thing that links your pc's we might find a solution.
but you'd all have to list lots of things like:

Do you have a joystick, driving wheel or controller plugged in?
do you have any emulation software or controller drivers?
do you have a gaming mouse or keypad?

if 2 of you have something in common it might be causing the problem

I can tell that I have never used any emulation software or joysticks. I always play with keyboard and mouse. It's a gaming mouse yeah but it's pretty old.

Dandonek
01-15-2017, 10:21 PM
I have found out how to fix this in AC Unity. You must enable borderless windowed mode in graphics options in game. I hope, that this knowledge can somehow help you in games that you are experiencing this problem.

Crazybone992
02-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Omg guys the problem is fixed. Today my Uplay got a new update and the mouse cursor issue is gone! The Uplay overlay also looks completely different now...

Crazybone992
02-09-2017, 06:49 PM
Now if I just found out a way to remove the constant strict nat in ACR, everything would be perfect.. Sigh but there's no solution to it. Even my isp was unable to help me with it.