PDA

View Full Version : 'Asymmetric' joystick behaviour on Windows 2000

xrvjorn
06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Does anyone else have this problem on Windows 2000:

I've got an analog joystick attached to the game port of my soundcard. After calibrating it, I run the test in Control Panel. With the stick centered, the crosshair in the axis test pane is slightly offset to the left. When pushed all the way to the right, the crosshair it at the right edge, as it should be.

However, the crosshair is more sensitive to inputs to the left side and hits the left edge when the stick is pushed about 2/3rds to the left. I've recalibrated several times with the same bad result.

Under Windows ME, everything works fine but I'd rather not have to boot up ME in order to run flight sims.

Clues, anyone?

cul8r
/J├┬Ârn

xrvjorn
06-08-2004, 09:45 AM
Does anyone else have this problem on Windows 2000:

I've got an analog joystick attached to the game port of my soundcard. After calibrating it, I run the test in Control Panel. With the stick centered, the crosshair in the axis test pane is slightly offset to the left. When pushed all the way to the right, the crosshair it at the right edge, as it should be.

However, the crosshair is more sensitive to inputs to the left side and hits the left edge when the stick is pushed about 2/3rds to the left. I've recalibrated several times with the same bad result.

Under Windows ME, everything works fine but I'd rather not have to boot up ME in order to run flight sims.

Clues, anyone?

cul8r
/J├┬Ârn