PDA

View Full Version : "Failed to contact Key server"

Calorie84
10-26-2016, 02:13 PM
Hey,

I bought AC2 on Steam last night, but whenever I try to start it after downloading, I'm just greeted with the message in the title.
Steam's support page redirects me to this place, so I'm asking here.

What the nuts is going on? :confused::confused::confused:

strigoi1958
10-27-2016, 10:01 PM
The only time I've seen that before, the fix was to delete the ubisoft game launcher then download it again from uplay.

I just found thisOkay guys, I ran around with the same problem, and I found a solution thanks to some youtuber. Basically, you have to delete the Ubisoft Game Launcher in your Ubisoft folder, like mentioned above, but instead of rerunning the Ubisoft Game Launcher installer in your Steam folder again, you'll want to download a fresh installer from Ubisoft self.

I'm guessing the one in steam is an outdated version. Anyway, here is the immediate download link to the updated installer:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe.

Just download and run that installer (or get it yourself from the Ubisoft site in case you don't trust links) and you should be able to play the game fine. Good luck and have fun!

I hope the link still works and that it starts the game for you

awsomocopter
10-28-2016, 03:35 PM
The only time I've seen that before, the fix was to delete the ubisoft game launcher then download it again from uplay.

I just found thisOkay guys, I ran around with the same problem, and I found a solution thanks to some youtuber. Basically, you have to delete the Ubisoft Game Launcher in your Ubisoft folder, like mentioned above, but instead of rerunning the Ubisoft Game Launcher installer in your Steam folder again, you'll want to download a fresh installer from Ubisoft self.

I'm guessing the one in steam is an outdated version. Anyway, here is the immediate download link to the updated installer:
http://static3.cdn.ubi.com/orbit/lau...rInstaller.exe.

Just download and run that installer (or get it yourself from the Ubisoft site in case you don't trust links) and you should be able to play the game fine. Good luck and have fun!

I hope the link still works and that it starts the game for you

Tried it, but i still get the error message, i read somewhere the error comes up when steam doesn't have enough keys and has to get more from ubisoft.